[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

Ive heard it in its entirety...def one of my favorite album of this year so far

Im disappointed that Flight of the moon man is an instrumental but its great

But here is my theory: indicud is a build up to Man on the Moon 3...it has elements of his previous man on the moon albums...but who knows when we will hear that
Indicud is definitely a build up project. I've noticed he got himself a lot of hype recently. He leaves one of the most popular labels today' GOOD Music. He just happened to leave right before Indicud is scheduled to drop. With those perfectly timed leaks (Just what I am, Immortal, Girls, Kind Wizard) word was getting out fast when people we google'ing him about leaving GOOD. Then this album happens to leak, and he isn't even mad. And he say Wicked a few times in the album, which leads me to believe this was an exposure project so he can get his new label up smoothly, and have a good deal of fans by MOTM 3. 

I can't wait for MOTM 3, I can finally finish the trilogy 
nthat.gif

Man this is weak.. sorry. Sounds so average with no real highlights. I miss with Kid too.

this **** is wack compared to the first two MOTM's... Nothing has stood out to me at all.
This isn't MOTM 3 though.

If you guys keep comparing it to MOTM, of course it isn't going to compare. This has more of that "Demo Tapes" feel to it. The instrumentals being like the interludes.

At least it's nothing like Rap Hard. Kid Mess 
alien.gif

this **** is wack compared to the first two MOTM's... Nothing has stood out to me at all.
Coooold

***** you know I'm cold

I'm sooooooooooo cold, one cold blooded N

I'm so cold!!

Ns know I'm cold, yeah

one cold blooded bruvaaaaa
nthat.gif

I mean, if you can't get with that, I don't know what to tell you. 

Ok after 2 listens with no tree, in my opinion this is his 2nd best album behind MOTM. Anybody saying this is weak and you are a fan of Cudi's music i gotta look at you sideways. This whole thing is raw. Are ppl really complaining about 3 instrumentals on an 18 track album, when we been getting 11 track albums from everybody. my favorite track hands down is Just what I am, im aware its old but i held off on listening to anything until today. I will give a proper review later off the good.

surprised at the Short Dog feature, gassed at the Rza showin out like that, and further impressed at King Chip's flow on that Brothers track. That PMF came nice too.

Album has some nice features and solid tracks. Probably won't sell well....but hey doesn't mean it isn't G.O.O.D. music. Cudi showed growth.

Yo, what's up with that no talent *** clown Michael Bolton though? Son sounding like he's singing with an oxygen tank and mask in the studio...

surprised at the Short Dog feature, gassed at the Rza showin out like that, and further impressed at King Chip's flow on that Brothers track. That PMF came nice too.

Album has some nice features and solid tracks. Probably won't sell well....but hey doesn't mean it isn't G.O.O.D. music. Cudi showed growth.
Bruh, Chip tha Rip has always had that flow. 

Am I missing something here? This album is trash man. Played it from front to back multiple times today and it was just so off to me.

Only 2 or 3 tracks I'll probably ever listen to again. I miss MOTM Cudi, I don't think we're ever getting him back...

C- album

The only DOPE records on this are the three tracks with Chip.

The rest isn't bad. It's just.  Blah.  Most of it had me like "Why the hell is this even being included on a full length studio album?"  Not bad.  Just... not good.

Wait, I'm lying.  "Lord of the Sad and Lonely" is ******g garbage.

Last edited:
Been through the album about 4 times now.  Love this album.

I actually loved Cudi's production on this.  The great thing about it is that you would only hear these beats on a Cudi album.  No other artist has the balls to do something so unique.  Sure, a lot of artists have their own sound, but Cudi's whole sound transcends hip hop.  One of the most unique artists in music, in my opinion.   

Un****wittable, so far, is the stand out track for me.

Oh, and RZA killed Beez.

Ok after 2 listens with no tree, in my opinion this is his 2nd best album behind MOTM. Anybody saying this is weak and you are a fan of Cudi's music i gotta look at you sideways. This whole thing is raw. Are ppl really complaining about 3 instrumentals on an 18 track album, when we been getting 11 track albums from everybody. my favorite track hands down is Just what I am, im aware its old but i held off on listening to anything until today. I will give a proper review later off the good.

do you not hear the difference in production quality from his first 2 albums to this and wzrd?

I think this is kinda changing peoples opinions. And this is why i am not listening to any more songs until the album comes out. I have probably listened to "Just what i am" and "Immortal" 100 times. I love both of those songs. I heard king wizard and liked that as well. That right there is 3 tracks that i know i really like. People seem to forget how good the early release songs are and aren't giving credit to them.

I can't wait for an artist to just say eff it....no singles being released and pull a Jay-Z and say you can't download one song at a time off itunes you must own the whole experience of the album. I miss those days. I guess since i mostly enjoy underground rap i rarely hear more then one single before an album drops. I like putting a cd in my car and going from beginning to end without any skips.

do you not hear the difference in production quality from his first 2 albums to this and wzrd?

I gotta stop you right there fam, this IS NOT wzrd. I heard wzrd when it first dropped, gave it 2 spins and began to break down weed on it. Trash. I blame that other _ that had a huge part on the album.

As far as the production, i think its perfect for Cudi. I don't see a huge difference in production, this is the Cudi i rock with, this that Cudi zone music. Just vibe out to it. He cool when he rap i guess, but this is the type of music i want and expect from him.

I gotta stop you right there fam, this IS NOT wzrd. I heard wzrd when it first dropped, gave it 2 spins and began to break down weed on it. Trash. I blame that other _ that had a huge part on the album.

As far as the production, i think its perfect for Cudi. I don't see a huge difference in production, this is the Cudi i rock with, this that Cudi zone music. Just vibe out to it. He cool when he rap i guess, but this is the type of music i want and expect from him.

compared to motm 1 and 2 the production on here is real minimal... his first 2 albums were VERY VERY melodic... these sound like a beginner tryin to mimmick chick inglish beats and wzrd was trash cuz cudi was playin them wack *** guitar riffs all over the place... this is not bad like wzrd but its not good like either motm... this is just some regular *** music... coulda been a mixtape aside from the few standout tracks... the writing n **** is on point... my gripe is the production... i want that epic **** like cudi zone or dont play this song...

I feared him producing the album would result in some J Cole level music, and that's what it looks like

Not that J Cole is a bad producer... but his beats sound unpolished and stale, basically screaming FL Studio/Reason

Their music would turn out better if they let actual producers work on the album, or at least help out. I mean weren't there supposed to be some Ratatat beats on here? That would've brought back the MOTM1 feel... not Cudi playing producer on his laptop.

Back
Top Bottom