[:: KID CUDI Thread - Kanye/Cudi Album 6/8/18 ::]

Waiting to see Amazon update this sooon 
nerd.gif

I like a few tracks on the album ( most noteably immortals and red eye) but Im not in love with everything. Thats ok tho. Those 2 songs will get heavy play from me. I may be one of the only people who likes cudi as a singer a little bit more than a rapper

The album is pretty good, although I have to admit it was disappointing after the first listen. I think bringing in some other producers could have served him well.

I like a few tracks on the album ( most noteably immortals and red eye) but Im not in love with everything. Thats ok tho. Those 2 songs will get heavy play from me. I may be one of the only people who likes cudi as a singer a little bit more than a rapper

I've been playing WZRD a lot these past two days.

I like him as a singer too

The album is pretty good, although I have to admit it was disappointing after the first listen. I think bringing in some other producers could have served him well.

but imo that would take away from his unique sound. For exmple, I personally like Drake's sound. If he were to completely drop 40 and get a bunch of other people, it probably would end up sounding like everything else out there.

didn't he do a lot of production himself?

also since no one part 2 isn't on this anyone know whats good with that track? i feel that its a cold cudi track. dying for that joint...:nerd:

I gotta stop you right there fam, this IS NOT wzrd. I heard wzrd when it first dropped, gave it 2 spins and began to break down weed on it. Trash. I blame that other _ that had a huge part on the album.

As far as the production, i think its perfect for Cudi. I don't see a huge difference in production, this is the Cudi i rock with, this that Cudi zone music. Just vibe out to it. He cool when he rap i guess, but this is the type of music i want and expect from him.
compared to motm 1 and 2 the production on here is real minimal... his first 2 albums were VERY VERY melodic... these sound like a beginner tryin to mimmick chick inglish beats and wzrd was trash cuz cudi was playin them wack *** guitar riffs all over the place... this is not bad like wzrd but its not good like either motm... this is just some regular *** music... coulda been a mixtape aside from the few standout tracks... the writing n **** is on point... my gripe is the production... i want that epic **** like cudi zone or dont play this song...
i agree with everything u say except some of the writing is awful.  and cudi's struggle bars don't help it.

some of you are missing the point of this album.
it is a return to his old self and acceptance of who he is.
it's supposed to be dark and minimal.
him featuring RZA (who is theee master of that style) was no coincidence.
everyone is entitled to their opinion
but I'm inclined to believe that most of you guys are just completely unable to realize how cohesive this project is.
Joint is nothing short of disgusting.

^ ok.

And lyrically his bars are full of struggles, and production wise the beats aren't as good as the MOTM series'.  Partly because Cudi wants them like that, and partly because he's not a very good producer.

The album isn't great.  Maybe it's what you want and like, and that's fine.  But from an objective lyrics and production viewpoint it's not as polished as his first two projects.

didn't he do a lot of production himself?

also since no one part 2 isn't on this anyone know whats good with that track? i feel that its a cold cudi track. dying for that joint...:nerd:

i posted a video about 2 weeks ago in the kanye west x good music thread :tongue:

that song was given to good music nigerian artist dbanj he recently released an album and the song wasnt even on his album :smh:

good music memebers confirming cruel winter too so it might be for cruel winter

Last edited:
^ ok.

And lyrically his bars are full of struggles, and production wise the beats aren't as good as the MOTM series'.  Partly because Cudi wants them like that, and partly because he's not a very good producer.

The album isn't great.  Maybe it's what you want and like, and that's fine.  But from an objective lyrics and production viewpoint it's not as polished as his first two projects.
how you can make a statement like that an ignore the atrocities that are "Make Her Say" and "Enter Galactic" are beyond me.

but i digress.

i like the album, you don't and that's completely fine by me.

i posted a video about 2 weeks ago in the kanye west x good music thread :tongue:

that song was given to good music nigerian artist dbanj he recently released an album and the song wasnt even on his album :smh:

I don't think this was given to D'Banj - I think it was always his. The snippet everyone thought was Cudi sounds exactly the same, just recorded in a theater where the music is playing through giant speakers. But even on the HQ version, D'Banj's vocals on the chorus sound a lot like Cudi. Some blogger posted a Cudi version exists too, but as far as I can gather, he was fooled like everyone else.

^ ok.

how you can make a statement like that an ignore the atrocities that are "Make Her Say" and "Enter Galactic" are beyond me.

but i digress.

i like the album, you don't and that's completely fine by me.
right, but track for track, those albums are way more polished. there's like a handful of songs on this album that hold up to those.

Hey-oh, alright, this is how it's supposed to be...

Brothers goes so hard :smokin

This was definitely the version in the movie snippet from a while back.

D'banj track goes hard. That sound quality is still :x though

It's from a documentary of him in a studio, so it's just a camcorder recording of the song played over the studio speakers

The song is so damn elusive :smh:

It's from a documentary of him in a studio, so it's just a camcorder recording of the song played over the studio speakers

The song is so damn elusive :smh:

^ this

the snippet vs this documentary are 2 different versions of the song

the one i posted was from the dbanj documentary

Last edited:
you will never get another MOTM. Cudi lost a huge asset when his relationship with plain pat and emile went south. 

These two guys deserve a lot of credit for the MOTM sound. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom