Kobe Bryant's wife files for divorce. **UPDATE** Alleged mistress on page one. **UPDATE**

Originally Posted by DMan14

Derek Jeter needs to write a book for these athletes

He needs to headline the rookie seminar in all sports
pimp.gif
 The one guy that seemed to get it right...in the largest market of all too!!

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
@ you birds pairing Kim K up with Kobe. Like what is going through yall minds?
this
30t6p3b.gif

Hate to admit (cuz he's a Yankee), but dude really does have it down to a science

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

eek.gif
oh lord, there is no hope now 
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

r u serious??????
u thought sohe ratface would hold that down?

cmon!!!!!!!!

u gotta only be suprised by your own business (if that)

everything else is peripheral

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by AKA LONGSTROKE

I had the utmost respect for Kobe during his early years. He had the cleanest image ever, no tattoos, the world was his. He got tainted and his true colors came to be. He got involved in scandals, and his image took a very very big hit. Although people still praise this guy, I cannot look at him the same. He's disappointed many of his fans, and it's difficult to root, and admire the guy any more. It pains me to see him get a divorce due to his off-court actions.

Shame on the stars in the NBA. What a bad role model.
They are not role models. They are entertainers, those with lives off the court. They are not responsible for raising your kids, nor raising you. They are only meant to entertain you, not living up to your supposed standards.   

You serious?  That's why none of these guys have ethics, nor morals to begin with and it's easy to see how many people out there in today's world regard this as a commonality.  It ISN'T!  Foolios thinking society and role models mean nothing.  What does your kid hang on their walls? Lil Wayne?  Chris Brown?  SMH big time!  You don't get the point.  Those in the media should do a better job at upholding their image for the sake of society and for the sake of themselves. 

For what it's worth. FK the NBA CARES bull crap, as it's obviously a HOAX.  Kobe Bryant trying to help kids?  Come on man.  He's helping them all right by saying it's okay to be infidel and it's easy to see how distastefully receptive the responses are.

Disclosure:  I buy and currently own Kobes, but this incident devastates the credibility of him, just like that of the US's credit rating. hahaha.  More so, I LOL at the idea that people feel like sports is a low-level form of entertainment.  Adrian Peterson was right, modern day slavery.
Yeah, because children pay attention to these things. 
Hey let me ask everyone something...

When MJ and his wife got a divorce, what children knew? What 6-15 year old was paying so much attention to the personal life of Michael Jordan to be affected by his divorce? 

And better yet, what child has the mental capacity to grasp and understand the concept of unfaithfulness? What child is watching the news/reading blogs about this? PLEASE TELL ME... 

As a male I'm gonna look at this from a man's perspective, but this applies to women of wealth too. There should be a mandatory seminar at the beginning of each year for all professional athletes, actors, businessmen, politicians and anyone else who is in the limelight. Derek Jeter would be the guest speaker teaching these fools who feel the need to marry, knowing they aren't gonna stay faithful, that marriage is a very expensive gamble. Even if the athlete doesn't cheat, "irreconcilable differences" can lead to losing 1/2 of their funds, custody of their kids, and payments of alimony and child support. A prenuptial agreement is 100% necessary. There is no reason a prenup shouldn't be in place. Being in love is not a valid excuse to risk your assets like that. And if you know you are gonna cheat, go the damn Jeter route.

I cant help but feel this was planned for a while. It is hard for me to believe that her filing exactly 10 years after they were married and claiming alimony is a coincident. BTW just curious, if she is indeed being paid about $180 mill, why in the world would alimony be considered?

Meanwhile in the Lakers locker room...
Lol@ Gasol going
eek.gif
at the news... like he didn't already know, "Dis $#!!@ Lion"

I had the utmost respect for Kobe during his early years. He had the cleanest image ever, no tattoos, the world was his. He got tainted and his true colors came to be. He got involved in scandals, and his image took a very very big hit. Although people still praise this guy, I cannot look at him the same. He's disappointed many of his fans, and it's difficult to root, and admire the guy any more. It pains me to see him get a divorce due to his off-court actions.

They are not role models. They are entertainers, those with lives off the court. They are not responsible for raising your kids, nor raising you. They are only meant to entertain you, not living up to your supposed standards.   

You serious?  That's why none of these guys have ethics, nor morals to begin with and it's easy to see how many people out there in today's world regard this as a commonality.  It ISN'T!  Foolios thinking society and role models mean nothing.  What does your kid hang on their walls? Lil Wayne?  Chris Brown?  SMH big time!  You don't get the point.  Those in the media should do a better job at upholding their image for the sake of society and for the sake of themselves. 

For what it's worth. FK the NBA CARES bull crap, as it's obviously a HOAX.  Kobe Bryant trying to help kids?  Come on man.  He's helping them all right by saying it's okay to be infidel and it's easy to see how distastefully receptive the responses are.

Disclosure:  I buy and currently own Kobes, but this incident devastates the credibility of him, just like that of the US's credit rating. hahaha.  More so, I LOL at the idea that people feel like sports is a low-level form of entertainment.  Adrian Peterson was right, modern day slavery.

I don't like Kobe Bryant, I then am happy that this is happening to him. I am also happy that this hurts his fans on Nike talk and elsewhere. I believe that this has been a long time coming. All of the lowdown things he has done to other players in regard to their own indiscretions http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1944994 this happening is only right. He deserves to be humiliated, and whatever cred he had left, if any, destroyed.
With all of that said, they are not role models in the sense of morality. They may be athletic role models, someone to look to in order to improve your game, but in no way should these guys and girls be telling you how to live your lives, especially not in the moral sense. If they are giving back to their community, as with the NBA Cares program, that is a gesture of kindness, not one of moral virtue. I know drug dealers that open up businesses in their community, that does not mean that one should aspire to the morals of a drug dealer.

Are they to be role models as well?

You must separate the man from the myth, this takes using logic and reason. Kobe Bryant is, then has always been a dirt bag. Just because he can dribble a basketball does not mean that he does not have the right to be a dirt bag, simply because you have failed at applying your own morals to your own kids.

Not all rich people are to be admired, simply because they are rich and famous.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of why Derek Jeter is so good at this? Google isnt really helping. Did he have a amazing Prenub or what?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Can someone give me a quick rundown of why Derek Jeter is so good at this? Google isnt really helping. Did he have a amazing Prenub or what?

He never married, then understands that his access is directly attributed to his fame. He is having fun, and being classy about it. He keeps his mouth shut, then deals with women who keeps theirs shut as well.
Unfortunately, many athletes are not as sophisticated as he is. They allow themselves to bag skeezers and gold diggers, those with an agenda, and they are too arrogant to see the game.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

He never married, then understands that his access is directly attributed to his fame. He is having fun, and being classy about it. He keeps his mouth shut, then deals with women who keeps theirs shut as well.
Unfortunately, many athletes are not as sophisticated as he is. They allow themselves to bag skeezers and gold diggers, those with an agenda, and they are too arrogant to see the game.
Yea I just found it.I thought it was a Divorce but instead just a break up. No drama just a everyday relationship. He keep it 100 with her
 I'm loving this thread she got him when he 18 young and on his come up and stuck through for 10 years of drama and more.She used incidents as a excuse to get a divorce and waited just long enough toqualitfy for alimony. I cant knock this hustle but I can hate the fact this happens WAY too often. 

I don't give a damn what he does off court, I just REALLY hate to see women take millions or get anything they didn't earn after a divorce.

Damn, Kobe's my dude, definitely feel bad for dude.
30t6p3b.gif

Losing half of his net worth?
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

I don't like Kobe Bryant, I then am happy that this is happening to him. I am also happy that this hurts his fans on Nike talk and elsewhere. I believe that this has been a long time coming. All of the lowdown things he has done to other players in regard to their own indiscretions http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1944994 this happening is only right. He deserves to be humiliated, and whatever cred he had left, if any, destroyed.
With all of that said, they are not role models in the sense of morality. They may be athletic role models, someone to look to in order to improve your game, but in no way should these guys and girls be telling you how to live your lives, especially not in the moral sense. If they are giving back to their community, as with the NBA Cares program, that is a gesture of kindness, not one of moral virtue. I know drug dealers that open up businesses in their community, that does not mean that one should aspire to the morals of a drug dealer.

Are they to be role models as well?

You must separate the man from the myth, this takes using logic and reason. Kobe Bryant is, then has always been a dirt bag. Just because he can dribble a basketball does not mean that he does not have the right to be a dirt bag, simply because you have failed at applying your own morals to your own kids.

Not all rich people are to be admired, simply because they are rich and famous.

exactly.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

From another forum

Married in 2001, divorced in 2011. Waited exactly 10 years so she could collect alimony...what a surprise. Gold-diggers gonna gold-dig

@#$! this country and its divorce laws, I swear this $#%@ makes me rage so bad. 

Oh, and for the people saying he should've known better and gotten a pre-nup, pre-nups in California are null after 10 years anyway.

Maybe some good points.

this isn't entirely true, after 10 years it could be considered a "lengthy marriage" an thus affect an existing pre-nup...

and have to say i'm disappointed @NT, so many people happy to see a man's family crumble, not because it was his actions seemingly caused it (that would at least be defendable or justifiable), but because YOU don't like him as ballplayer or person. plus i was expecting to see more vanessa pics...not how this dude will hook up w/kim k

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It's her own fault for staying with a rapist.

He never raped anyone though. People really believed that lying $@%%!? 
laugh.gif

He's going bat**** crazy on the court though. I have 60 in the first game. 
Yes, because the victim is always lying when a celebrity/athlete is involved.
He paid off his rape victim to keep her quiet, and then he paid off his wife with that ridiculous diamond ring to not tell the world the truth about him.
yea just like michael jackson paid off the kid who accused him of molesting him right? and look what happend? MJ dies and it turns out the kid was lying all along... smh 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
@ you birds pairing Kim K up with Kobe. Like what is going through yall minds?
this
30t6p3b.gif

Hate to admit (cuz he's a Yankee), but dude really does have it down to a science

Its not really a science. Its just being a man. most these dudes esp. black athletes have this captain save em attitude. Its imo mainly do to being raised by moms who never had a captain save em. They raise they sons to practice so call chivalry etc... aka suckers. Because they want them to grow up and be the captain saves that they never had the opportunity to get saved by, or raise them to be like the capt saves that saved them.

If you notice esp in black athletes i wouldnt even be stretching the truth to say over 90% of them marry someone thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beneath them for a social standpoint, an education standpoint, and a fiscal standpoint. They seek out these damsels in distress. Outside of will and jada i cant even think of any black celebs or athletes that come to mind that dont so call find themselves trying to search for the diamond in the ruff, and moreso then often coming out with cubic zirconium.

I mean i dont feel bad for the dude. he basically hooked up with a gorified video #+$*$+*, and is in shook she took the cheese. i mean lets face it. its not like she had this promising career, or would ever reach the success/status she has now w/o kobe.

The sad part about it is that he has money and power yet is playing the game as if he is just a regular joe who has to save women, or marry them and buy their affection etc, do things the systematic way. Lie to themselves and convince themselves that marriage is the way and it is essential to have a long lasting relationship. he is in a position like jeter where he can say hey we doing things on my terms and if you dont like it on to the next. And with that will be hundreds/thousands of women waiting in the wings that are more then willingly agree and play the game on his terms.

They are human beings. When you all realize that, we wouldn't have 14 pages on a man cheating on his wife. They are human. They are human. They are human. They aren't special.

Back
Top Bottom