Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Dress shoe? What are you going to a rappers funeral?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Got the Kobe X Elite 'Team' in from Nike.com

After a full day of wear, this is my experience with the X Elite:

I took the outgoing 9 Elite BHM and compared it to the first X Elite (Team). In comparison, the two shoes are pretty similar in dimensions. The other Kobe X I tried on prior to the X Elite was the All Star. I wear an 11.5 in the 9 Elite (fits perfectly) with a wide foot. The X All Star was 11.5 and, though very comfortable, was slightly too roomy.

The X Elite fits a little tighter than the same size in non-elite (All Star). At first it fit perfectly, but by the end of the day, the knit had loosened up and felt a little loose in the heel as the All Star did. I did not mind as the heel slippage was minimal and the comfort level was phenomenal (untied laces). The sole is leaps and bounds better than the 9 Elite. If I hooped in them, I would try the 11 before getting the 11.5, but for casual wear, the 11.5 is very, very comfortable and I don't think I'd want it tighter. 

The X Elite is slightly longer in the toe than the 9 Elite for the same size. The width felt a tiny bit more roomy than the 9 Elite. The overall shoe feels less stiff, breathes better and is lighter (my X Elite was 15 grams lighter than the 9 Elite BHM). Though the collar looks flimsy, the flyknit on the X Elite is actually stiffer than the 9 Elite collar. There's a stiff, cushioned spine going up the middle of the back of the collar for support. I had a little bend in the flyknit near the ankle that was stiff enough to cause some discomfort when seated in certain positions that poked the crease into my ankle, but on most occasions, I didn't notice it (last pic). A second pair of the same size had the same defect from Nike.com.

Grip feels phenomenal, but that's just based on walking around and doing little cut maneuvers. I love the sole. Not necessarily the looks, but the feel. No squeaking either from the insole. Gone are the massaging dimples of the 9 insole, which I personally really liked. The gap in the upper for the tongue and laces is a little wider on the X. Also, anywhere you don't see the violet underweave color, it's translucent and breathable (not just the collar but in the upper). One of my favorite parts of the X Elite, besides the sole, is that the tongue stays upright by itself when untied rather than flopping forward in the 9 Elite. 

In the end, I'm still not feeling the colorway. The major purple coloring is a little too dull (not as vibrant as Moonwalkers) and I don't like volt at all. I'll be returning this pair and will wait for some kind of sale. I'm not feeling them enough (aesthetically) to be a $250 purchase. 

And some on feet:

And the defect (near the third eyelet from the top):

Last edited:
really small group that like them, smaller group that would wear them, even smaller group on the purchase side and then there's one idiot in the smallest group that's doing a day one pick up on them

Ummm you may not be alone. I want a mostly white sneaker for summer. I absolutely love the 10s so far and everything about this EXT minus the Xs but I can pull these off easily and make em look right.

Depends on what else drops May. So far I'm in for 2 pairs of 10 lows and the Elevate.

Not gonna lie if pac knocks out Mayweather with those on I am going to run to the computer and order them. I guess there is a little hype beast in all of us lol.

In all honesty though I have been on the fence with them I just can't see getting them for that price tag

really small group that like them, smaller group that would wear them, even smaller group on the purchase side and then there's one idiot in the smallest group that's doing a day one pick up on them
I would cop on super heavy discount. Guess they did not want to make flyknit chukkas out of the Kobe x mid. I don't like the x's on the upper but I guarantee you throw a big swoosh on there and people would quickly throw their money at Nike.

Back
Top Bottom