Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Personally I feel that nike has been losing it. This last year was underwhelming to say the least. I have no idea why, I mean look at the LeBron tens then 11 and now the 12. Simply colorway wise they have declined maybe even since the 9. The kobe 8 got me back into Nikes. I remember having more colorways I wanted than I could afford and having to make a decision on what I should buy. The 9 em grew on me but the colorways turned out weak IMO. I only copped the easters on the low. Until kobe 8s I was content with a single Bball shoe per year. I would have copped many Flyknit 9s if they were more available but I'm happy having the details. As for the X I have a feeling if that the colorways will again be lacking for tho base model unless there is not an elite model. Makes sense to make elites more appealing since they are more expensive. If that is the asg cw I am not optimistic for the x anymore.

Using flyknit was a one and done deal. If they were to use it again on the 10 elites, it would show no progression of the models.

I keep seeing this crap about them doing "Flyknit" would show No "Progression" or doing Engineered Mesh would show No "Progression"....

That's the thing... it doesn't NEED to have "Progression" Each Year with some kind of New Material or Gimmick.

They just need to do something Different AESTHETICALLY and Make a DOPE LOOKING SHOE. PERIOD! 
mean.gif

Personally I feel that nike has been losing it. This last year was underwhelming to say the least. I have no idea why, I mean look at the LeBron tens then 11 and now the 12. Simply colorway wise they have declined maybe even since the 9. The kobe 8 got me back into Nikes. I remember having more colorways I wanted than I could afford and having to make a decision on what I should buy. The 9 em grew on me but the colorways turned out weak IMO. I only copped the easters on the low. Until kobe 8s I was content with a single Bball shoe per year. I would have copped many Flyknit 9s if they were more available but I'm happy having the details. As for the X I have a feeling if that the colorways will again be lacking for tho base model unless there is not an elite model. Makes sense to make elites more appealing since they are more expensive. If that is the asg cw I am not optimistic for the x anymore.

Maybe less glue backing the Flyknit... or more layers like the woven on the XX9.
I look at it like the Air Jordan line - sometimes the innovations are cosmetic/aesthetic, sometimes they are actually a performance technology, sometimes the amount of change from one year to the next is large, and sometimes it's smaller.

But, I never liked every years model, and some I even felt were complete fails in the aesthetics department. So, it's totally reasonable that a shoe I have been buying many pairs of for years would eventually change in a way I don't like. That''s just how things go - people buy the same car for years, then they change a huge design element and the same person is looking for a new model to use.

But, I agree - I feel like moving to fuze/whatever it is, just makes the Kobe look like the LeBron and KD (which now looks styled on the LeBron platform of fuze/posite, same with the Kyrie for that matter). And it does seem like a step backward after the FK. I mean, Nike had been using fuze for Ball shoes for years, not exactly an innovation - but maybe there are improvements. Just feel there is kind of a standardization to the sig lines this year, and I don't really like any of them. The sig lines should not all have so many similar design cues, and should be more distinguishable from the Run The One, HyperRev, etc etc. It looks like the same standardization/indistinguishable-ness that you see in all the Jordan Barnd stuff minus retros/this years game shoe.

Dunno, just kinda bummed. We'll see what happens though.

These actually might look good depending on CW. If they go same direction as the Kyrie 1 - Dream - with that weird colored base and put something contrasting on that fuse (net looking thing on top) Or go back to the creative patterns on the 8 and not the 9 ems.

I think naming the 9s or forcing a back story kinda limits creativity making cws and i hope they dont continue that on the 10s,

These actually might look good depending on CW. If they go same direction as the Kyrie 1 - Dream - with that weird colored base and put something contrasting on that fuse (net looking thing on top) Or go back to the creative patterns on the 8 and not the 9 ems.

I think naming the 9s or forcing a back story kinda limits creativity making cws and i hope they dont continue that on the 10s,
all of nike's sigs get names and back stories, heck 50% of nike shoes get names and back stories now, cig or not

This should be a interesting release once we see some variety of how the upper will be used. Could they make it like the air max/K1with Asia color and top layer contrasts?

Maybe it's just me, but why do a lot of Kobe's in his Nike line look so similar? I appreciate his Adidas line because they shoes at least tried to be different. There was a signature feel to it.

Is there a specific reason all these Nike shoes have the giant swoosh right in the middle? I'm pretty tired of it, and it makes all these Kobe's look alike. 

Maybe it's just me, but why do a lot of Kobe's in his Nike line look so similar? I appreciate his Adidas line because they shoes at least tried to be different. There was a signature feel to it.

Is there a specific reason all these Nike shoes have the giant swoosh right in the middle? I'm pretty tired of it, and it makes all these Kobe's look alike. 
I agree, but I think its by design. A lot of the line is about improving on performance year to year rather than appearance, especially models 4 through 8. The 9 elite high was somewhat of a departure with the proprioceptive collar. I'm hoping the 10 elite improves on the design of the collar. It would be amazing if it was more like the HTM Free mercurial.

Honestly, it looks like an improved Venomenon. Not the next iteration/improvement of the signature line.

But, this year the sig lines are weak - I hate the LB X!! and only like the KD in the context of hating most of his sigs for the last several years.

Look at how the design changes over the toe box. The differing designs could lead to a pretty interesting fade in that area. Also the same with the solid black and lighter black on the lateral side, allowing more contrast that what has been seen in the ASG or lagoon blue pairs

I remember I hated the 8s on sight. Thought they looked too much like puma California's. But now I own a pair

The X's seem extremely light, maybe the minimal design has to do with its weight. Best thing on the shoe are the soles. They're slowly growing on me. 

Back
Top Bottom