Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Mine are due to be delivered tomorrow, of course I would prefer a lower price as is mentioned over and over but that blue lagoon color simply can't be passed on

The Blackouts are cool and all, but why are they purple? Last time I checked, black doesn't mean purple. 

The Blackouts are cool and all, but why are they purple? Last time I checked, black doesn't mean purple. 
I think the "Blackout" name is in reference to a theme, not a color. Yeah the Kobe 1 "Blackout" was black, but not all black like we normally get with "blackout" colorways. If not mistaken the term "blackout" for the KB 1 was in reference to the 81 point game, correct me if I'm wrong.

tried a pair on today. feel a lot better then the elite 9 lows i have.

Hopefully i can pick up a pair of the ASG.

my NDC ordered just arrived, got a chance to put them on will probably run a few games in them later tonight and tomorrow morning and will provide my input vs the 8s and 9s. 

Few initial thoughts, the attraction seems great, it does not have that low to the ground feeling but they're mad comfy. Aesthetically I was a fan since the initial leak but they look great in person and have a lot of details. My 2 cents on the upper, yes its standard fuse with overlay, so its a tad bit rigid but nothing crazy, it looks super durable vs the EM I assume nike employed this upper b/c a lot of the EM pairs would rip from the sides. As for the price point, well yeah got nothing to say hahah. 

Thinking about lace swaping pink or black laces anyone got a suggestion of a good laces to get/length. 

Ive been contemplating buying these with disco. No offense but the picture above makes me not want these shoes. They look extremely long.

As a size 14...I still don't understand how shoes look "long."
laugh.gif

Also...5AMs would look good with red laces too. Black, orange, pink...all looking good.

I'd cop the blue lagoon when they hit $140 and still available of course..
above 140 is definitely a pass..

Last edited:
I think the "Blackout" name is in reference to a theme, not a color. Yeah the Kobe 1 "Blackout" was black, but not all black like we normally get with "blackout" colorways. If not mistaken the term "blackout" for the KB 1 was in reference to the 81 point game, correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually the inspiration for the Kobe 1 blackout, was actually lighting. The staples center had been notorious for not dimming their lighting for Laker games, due to the fact that some fans ( the chicks in the crowd who could care less about a basketball game, but came along for the status, and to be seen ) enjoy people watching the celebs in the audience. However this particular year the organization decided to focus more on the actual game by "blacking out" (dimming) the lighting, like every other arena. True story.

Back
Top Bottom