Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

From NDC:

KOBE X 'MAJORS'
$180
LAUNCH: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2015 - 10:00 AM EST
705317-616

"For some athletes, their incredible work ethic, sportsmanship and ascent to MVP are propelled by their idols and the examples they set. This collection celebrates Kobe as a role model with an LA-inspired graphic and bold colors."
who comes up with this garbage?

Where is the LA inspired graphics on that red pair? Gang related?

Last edited:
I'd be really interested to get some opinions of the Xs in terms of on court performance compared to previous Kobe models. For the last 5-6 years I have been running three pairs of Vs (iDs, Draft Days, Miles Davis) and one pair of VI (Grinches) in to the ground (all indoors on nice courts, roughly 8-10 hours a week on average). I've been waiting for a more recent pair of Kobe's to catch my eye to add to the rotation but nothing has yet (or I haven't been able to get my hands on them when they release). Sadly, All my Vs and VIs are now on their absolute last legs (I would post pictures of the Grinches but I fear people would cry - they have served me well) and I am forced to buy something new to ball in for the new year.

So really my question is, how do the Xs compare to the Vs and VIs in terms of fit/performance? I've read all the online reviews for the Xs but in terms of a direct comparison I'm sure NT will offer much better insight.

Thank you in advance for any help!

I'd be really interested to get some opinions of the Xs in terms of on court performance compared to previous Kobe models. For the last 5-6 years I have been running three pairs of Vs (iDs, Draft Days, Miles Davis) and one pair of VI (Grinches) in to the ground (all indoors on nice courts, roughly 8-10 hours a week on average). I've been waiting for a more recent pair of Kobe's to catch my eye to add to the rotation but nothing has yet (or I haven't been able to get my hands on them when they release). Sadly, All my Vs and VIs are now on their absolute last legs (I would post pictures of the Grinches but I fear people would cry - they have served me well) and I am forced to buy something new to ball in for the new year.

So really my question is, how do the Xs compare to the Vs and VIs in terms of fit/performance? I've read all the online reviews for the Xs but in terms of a direct comparison I'm sure NT will offer much better insight.

Well, the traction on the X's is pretty beastly. Works well on mostly all courts (not sure about outside) dusty or clean. Some wiping is required because dust/dirty (especially on translucent outsoles), but that's normal with any shoe. The cushion and Zoom in the shoe is very supportive and natural. It doesn't have the XX8 bounce, but it has components of Nike Free that make it flexible and comfortable. The fit is pretty true to size, but I'd definitely try them on, especially with the Elite models. The EM materials and the Elite materials are pretty durable, and should last you a while. Also, the lockdown when wearing the shoe is great. Not much sliding (if any) across the footbed. Definitely a underrated shoe in terms of performance, it's really well rounded.

Nike offers a 60 day trial with no questions asked on return. Play in them for 59 days and you decide what works.

B
Are those the 11's?  If so THANK YOU
Those appear to be the Kobe 11 Elites. I figured the first images were just the standard Kobes. Don't know why some were thinking that was the only 11 model to come out.

Last edited:
Not feeling these on initial pics, the jagged midsole and shape of the upper just don't feel "Kobe" to me.  

The lines make me think of a takedown model, hopefully it's just the colorways shown so far, and the angles.  

I'm still suspicious that this isn't the whole story. I expect another model like a high like the last few that hopefully will turn the tide

What they should do for the wtk for this model is combine elements from all the past models/moments instead of bits from only X models.

The Kobe 11 are going to get me in trouble. They are absolute fire. I can hardly wait to see the Bruce Lee's and I want to see what the IDs look like !!!

Ill meet see you guys in a few months after the turn!

Back
Top Bottom