**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

$200, I have them. Straight up. Just off the strength of wanting to support what he's trying to do.

But that's the max.

$500 is insane.

$200, I have them. Straight up. Just off the strength of wanting to support what he's trying to do.

But that's the max.

$500 is insane.

Yeah I can agree with this... hell I just bought resale Yeezy V2s, and I didn't even spend that much. :lol:

Last edited:
I dont think Lavar business strategy is half bad.  He uses premium pricing. There is also a conditioning effect with artificially high prices. When the prices do come down, people may be more likely to buy because of the perceived sale. Its harder to justify a price increase rather than a price decrease. He also got a lot of publicity with pricing them at $500. Theres a good chance were not really talking about these shoes if they were selling for cheap. 

He also is using just-in-time inventory techniques. Made to order so he doesnt have inventory issues such as storage costs and obsoletion. The one flaw is that he probably isnt receiving any benefit from the economy of scales with the small production runs.

Am i buying a $500 dollar sneaker? Absolutely not but there will be some early adopters and as they need to increase market share they may decide to lower the price point, but we will see. 

I saw magic Johnson get a trip dub at the Long Beach pyramid in the 2001 summer league. Right after I copped the black cement 3's at Nike town Newport Beach that morning.
pimp.gif
neeeeed a black cement 3 retro soon 

Dennis Smith dropped 25/8/4 on 57% shooting today :x. Is it me or is every rookie balling in Summer League this year? I feel like most years rookies struggle during Summer League but this year alot of top picks are showing out. This makes Lonzo's struggles even more glaring. I get the feeling that we might regret picking Lonzo @ 2 when we could have had more value trading back and getting a player like Smith and adding a pick.

Dennis Smith dropped 25/8/4 on 57% shooting today :x. Is it me or is every rookie balling in Summer League this year? I feel like most years rookies struggle during Summer League but this year alot of top picks are showing out. This makes Lonzo's struggles even more glaring. I get the feeling that we might regret picking Lonzo @ 2 when we could have had more value trading back and getting a player like Smith and adding a pick.
Oh by the way he had a triple double yesterday first in sl history but continue...

DSJ will come out the gate getting buckets like Dame did

Zo is a whole other beast . He'll run a team, get everyone open looks, make everyone play with joy, improve team chemistry, etc
Dynamic players like that a la Nash Magic Kidd control the game. BALL CONTROL

His desire to pass is organic not manufactured, it's who he is. It's special

Last edited:
DSJ will come out the gate getting buckets like Dame did

Zo is a whole other beast . He'll run a team, get everyone open looks, make everyone play with joy, improve team chemistry, etc
Dynamic players like that a la Nash Magic Kidd control the game. BALL CONTROL

His desire to pass is organic not manufactured, it's who he is. It's special
Our offense was not as productive when Lonzo went out
His vision on the open court is :nthat:

Don't get duped into thinking scoring= great player

Remember Rudy gay can score with the best of them and if you didn't know much about him you'd think he was a superstar

Same with guys like McCollum. Beal. Even dame lillard to an extent. Great players who id kill for to be on my team but Lonzo brings a uniqueness you have to take a chance on

Last edited:
I dont think Lavar business strategy is half bad.  He uses premium pricing. There is also a conditioning effect with artificially high prices. When the prices do come down, people may be more likely to buy because of the perceived sale. Its harder to justify a price increase rather than a price decrease. He also got a lot of publicity with pricing them at $500. Theres a good chance were not really talking about these shoes if they were selling for cheap. 

He also is using just-in-time inventory techniques. Made to order so he doesnt have inventory issues such as storage costs and obsoletion. The one flaw is that he probably isnt receiving any benefit from the economy of scales with the small production runs.

Am i buying a $500 dollar sneaker? Absolutely not but there will be some early adopters and as they need to increase market share they may decide to lower the price point, but we will see. 

Thank you. Business majors :pimp:

I saw magic Johnson get a trip dub at the Long Beach pyramid in the 2001 summer league. Right after I copped the black cement 3's at Nike town Newport Beach that morning. :pimp:

The hell was magic doing in spl :lol:

I met uncle lavar earlier (check my ig [emoji]128521[/emoji])
BBB did a pop up /meet and greet at Urban Necessities
They sold out of every product they had and I'm talking dozens of boxes, all cash only
BBB strap backs, trucker hats, hoodies and lots of tees. even the the glittery stuff

Could move major stuff once he does LA pop ups

Last edited:
I would buy the blue zo2 but I ain't a big baller smh I would definitely get them for 200 Doh

Last edited:
You guys think Zo's quiet demeanor and personality will hinder his marketability?

Curious to see how that all plays out. I think he has the game to become a superstar type player if he improves in some areas, just wonder if he'll have crossover appeal. I heard Penny's lowkey personality worried Nike to the point where they created Lil Penny to market him better

Back
Top Bottom