**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dawg u trollin or what
Noel is way way more limited offensively compared to Randle

Nope I'm just not on the big hype train like a bunch of people on this thread are.

He still reverts into his bad habits and causes to many turnovers when he tries to play point forward. When he struggles he goes back to playing "bulley ball"

I really don't know what people are thinking when they compare him to and say "mini Barkley". :lol:

What need do the lakers have for Noel?

What purpose would it serve to trade a young, improving, versatile player for another center who's up for an extension?

Am I missing something?

Last edited:

I'd consider trading Randle for Nerlens Noel and also keeping our draft pick that we owe them.
Ehhh. He's getting paid starting next year.

Would make it imperative to get Deng & Mozgov out because Noel, Clarkson, Deng and Mozgov... with Russell and Ingram. Our draft pick coming back. That's not getting into Lou or anybody else.

It would really put us in a financial bind.

If we had two choices I'd take...
1) Randle. And a swing at Noel in FA
Over
2) Noel and a 10-13 pick.

Even then I'm not crazy about $30mil spent on just Mozgov and Noel. I Like both players. But give me Randle if his trajectory is what it is now.
Yea, it actually wouldn't be a crazy trade scenario if we were tanking and it was a top 3 pick.

But I don't think they move any young guys for anything less than a star. 

A Nick/Lou Will trade is really the only trade that makes sense at this point. 

Don MacLean was so right went he went in on Byron about Nick Young

Dude is proving it this season with playing time and coach believing in him.

Dawg u trollin or what
Noel is way way more limited offensively compared to Randle

Nope I'm just not on the big hype train like a bunch of people on this thread are.

He still reverts into his bad habits and causes to many turnovers when he tries to play point forward. When he struggles he goes back to playing "bulley ball"

I really don't know what people are thinking when they compare him to and say "mini Barkley". :lol:
He's a flawed player, but you haven't said how Noel would be an upgrade over him.

What purpose would it serve to trade a young, improving, versatile player for another center who's up for an extension?

Am I missing something?

Randle has improved this season.

But see the flaws I pointed out.

The Lakers have plenty of scoring weapons on the team right now, and Randle in year ain't consistent offensively right now.

Also we have 3 or 4 guys who can handle & bring the ball up and run Lukes offense.

We all knew since the Lakers drafted Randle that he isn't a good defender or rim protector in the paint.

Am I missing something?

The Lakers have plenty of scoring weapons on the team right now, and Randle in year ain't consistent offensively right now.

Also we have 3 or 4 guys who can handle & bring the ball up and run Lukes offense.

We all knew since the Lakers drafted Randle that he isn't a good defender or rim protector in the paint.

:lol:

Again

Why would we trade Randle for Noel who's up for extension and where does he fit on a team with 3 centers already

Luke Walton himself has stated he wants to give Brandon more Point Guard duties which he has :stoneface:

Brandon came in positionless... tools to play off the ball, handle the rock, and length/athleticism to guard PGs/SGs but lacks the size to play forward hence them signing Deng and easing Brandon into the rotation off the bench :stoneface:

DLo and Julius have both played themselves to the bench for a lot of these 4th qtrs this season due to turnovers and defense.

We are loaded at the point guard and front court, thin on the wing. I get that you dweebs want to collect and hoard all of these young players but that only hurts the majority of their development in the long run.

Gotta keep 2018 open.
This. I was just looking at that class. 

Wonder why they structured the Deng and Moz deals to dip next summer. They're clearly gonna be aggressive but hopefully they keep flexibility for 2018.
Randle, year 2.
DLo, year 2.
Nance, year 2.
Ingram, year 1.
Clarkson, year 3.

Chill.
A few all stars will be available right when our youngins are reaching their prime in year 4/5 
nerd.gif

Am I missing something?

And he's still better for this team than Norlens. That trade makes zero sense.

Randle, year 2.
DLo, year 2.
Nance, year 2.
Ingram, year 1.
Clarkson, year 3.

Chill.

I just don't know what goes through these dudes minds. Dudes got spoiled with signing big names and robbing teams with trades. It's like they don't know how to just let something keep building. It's that Lakers must be in the finals or nothing mindset.

Last edited:
We'll be fine.

Our bench will keep us in games against average/slightly above teams.

IMo this is a blessing in disguise. He'll be able to watch the game and see where he fits in and when he needs to pick his spots for him and for his teammates.

I remember Kobe saying when he broke his hand back in 99 it helped him become a better player just by watching from the bench

Honestly I hope this is good for Dlo. I'm as big a Dlo Stan as anybody here but he hasn't been as good as I thought he would be this year. I think the team will play well without him. Hopefully seeing that will light a fire under his ***.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom