**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

unless this 2019 first round pick is Kuzma Jr and we get 2 max free agents this summer, giving up Nance/JC is gunna hurt so ****ing bad.

youre right tho
and its not just losing nance but randle too
but free agency is where we'll see how much it hurts
imagine trading those guys to create cap space and letting randle walk just to possibly get 1 max guy...
now the frontcourt depth we once had is now just down to Kuz (who can put the ball in the basket but lacks what randle/nance bring)

The thing we need to keep in perspective when assessing JC and Nance is that they are role players that are more valuable to winning teams than they are to developing teams. Nance and JC have very specific roles on the Cavs that allow them to flourish. They're not asked to do much out of their comfort zone. Nance is a good energy big whose role is to play good defense and rebound, and run the pick and roll and JC is the instant offense guard off the bench who can score and handle the rock. Players like those are key to championship runs but don't move the needle much for developing teams like us.

JC and Nance are who they are and I don't see either of them improving drastically over the course of their careers. The systems and situation in which they play may change but that's it. Some of y'all are making it sound like JC and Nance are being stars in Cleveland. They're the same exact players we had a week ago just with different roles and playing along side Lebron.

Last edited:
In fairness to Ball, that lip sync thing was recorded a while back. He had long hair then and also Lavar been overseas for a while now.

My prediction:

Magic gonna get Lebron into the room after George commits and will sell him on the idea that after Lebron signs, we will trade 2 of 3 of the following(Kuzma, Ball and Ingram) + picks to NO for Anthony Davis.

Ball
PG
Lebron
Davis
______

if that happens
magic getting deez hands via doordash
I think Magic is a win now...gotta make a splash kind of guy.

I mean if Im the recieing team of that trade im super happy with two of the lakers young three. plus a draft pick. maybe plus deng which they can stretch.

If it does happen it better not be for a John Wall or another B level star

My personal preference would be just PG while keeping RAndle for 18 mill or so. Then going from there to see how good these guys can be.

My prediction:

Magic gonna get Lebron into the room after George commits and will sell him on the idea that after Lebron signs, we will trade 2 of 3 of the following(Kuzma, Ball and Ingram) + picks to NO for Anthony Davis.

Ball
PG
Lebron
Davis
______

I'd move Ball and Kuzma before I move BI.I don't see us getting rid of BI aka 'the Sleepy Reaper' for anyone. BI, PG, Bron and AD would wreck this league. BI is flourishing at age 20 as a #1 option, imagine if he were the 4th option and never saw double teams. He and Bron could share primary ball handling duties and we'd have the best defense in the league; nothing but length and speed at every position.

BI
Hart (or really anybody who can defend and hit open jumpers)
PG
Lebron
Davis

giphy.gif

I'd move Ball and Kuzma before I move BI.I don't see us getting rid of BI aka 'the Sleepy Reaper' for anyone. BI, PG, Bron and AD would wreck this league. BI is flourishing at age 20 as a #1 option, imagine if he were the 4th option and never saw double teams. He and Bron could share primary ball handling duties and we'd have the best defense in the league; nothing but length and speed at every position.

BI
Hart (or really anybody who can defend and hit open jumpers)
PG
Lebron
Davis

giphy.gif
wow. double gif

giphy.gif
@ the Pelicans even entertaining Ball+Kuz and some late 1st rounders for AD

#letthemgrow+addPG

Look at the last 3 or 4 superstar trades, though. Kyrie, Jimmy Butler Paul George and Boogie Cousins all went for pennies on the dollar. The prevailing theory is that AD will express his displeasure with his situation in NO and demand a trade or tell management he won't re-sign. Once that happens, his value on the trading market falls greatly like the a fore mentioned players. When its all said and done that might be the best offer they get. Who would've thought Boogie Cousins would've been traded for a bag of chips?

giphy.gif
@ the Pelicans even entertaining Ball+Kuz and some late 1st rounders for AD

#letthemgrow+addPG
I agree with your hashtag but remember:

LA traded Shaq for Odom Butler and Grant LOL
Cavs traded Kyrie for Clarkson Nance jr. and 8th pick in draft
Bulls traded Butler for a bust, a torn ACL and 7th pick
Grizz traded Pau for Kwame and Marc Gasol (before he was Marc)
Pels traded CP3 for Gordon

ANythings possible

upload_2018-2-14_13-12-3.jpeg

Off topic..

Anyone on the season tix waiting list? My 2018 number is 3140 :sick: been on the list for 3 years smh

I agree with your hashtag but remember:

LA traded Shaq for Odom Butler and Grant LOL
Cavs traded Kyrie for Clarkson Nance jr. and 8th pick in draft
Bulls traded Butler for a bust, a torn ACL and 7th pick
Grizz traded Pau for Kwame and Marc Gasol (before he was Marc)
Pels traded CP3 for Gordon

ANythings possible

^^^ This. Everyone inflates the trade value of superstars. The team trading the star almost never gets fair trade value. Once the other 29 teams in the league know that a star player wants out, all their leverage is gone. AD is a free-agent in two years and his trade value is falling everyday. If they wait til trade deadline of 2019 they won't get much for him.

good to know we're all mythical fictitious GM here as far as the Lakers future,,i like Lonzo as player,but i cant wait for Magic to trade his butt

Why would we **** up the youth movement for 2.5 years of elite Lebron and Mr. Glass

This ain't 2K.
I think most of us want to keep our core and add PG. Or add Lebron on a 1+1 type deal and telling him we are keeping the core. This is not in our hands so we are projecting what Magic might do.

Realistically my expecations are low. I think Lebron stays in Cle on another 1+1 deal and PG does the same. Leaving us with more 1 year deals for us and continued growth.

Back
Top Bottom