**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I get what your saying but if it’s a good change he’ll just come over anyways why trade the key pieces away for an extra year.

KUZ WOULD BE A STAR IN SA THOUGH

There's not a good chance he'll come over anyway, which is why we'd trade for him and be in the position to offer him the most money next off-season. This idea that many Lakers fans have that every free agent just wants to waltz over here is asinine. The whole "why trade for him if he's just gonna come here" stuff is wild to me.

If all these big name free agents want to come here, why have we need a top 3 team over the last 5 seasons?

Kuzma would kill it in San Antonio though, Pop might even teach him to play defense.

E15218FD-7FDB-42A5-B869-9AB899D8F576.gif

I don't think you'll be able to sign Leonard outright anyway with PG @ the max. Lonzo & BI will have large cap hits at that point.

I love our prospects too, but let's be realistic. The chances of any one of them being top 5 (at worst) isn't some astronomical number. I'd be mad if Boston gave up Tatum and got Leonard. That's a steal for Boston.

Getting 2 max guys and praying they both stay healthy isn't enough tho.

I rather gather up our 7-8-9 solid young pieces, add a star on top of that, and make a run with that, than have 2 max guys, both of whom have had major injuries already btw. You guys throwin your box at Kawhi, bruh played for 2 weeks this season. :lol:

Boston would give Tatum Brown and a first round pick for Kawhi. Belee dat!

That's the going rate for a Kawhi, AD, Giannis level player in their prime. Kawhi is on that level, I really think people forget how good a healthyKawhi is.

Ball, Kawhi, PG >>>> Ball, PG, Kuzma, BI

Getting 2 max guys and praying they both stay healthy isn't enough tho.

I rather gather up our 7-8-9 solid young pieces, add a star on top of that, and make a run with that, than have 2 max guys, both of whom have had major injuries already btw. You guys throwin your box at Kawhi, bruh played for 2 weeks this season. :lol:

You never win titles like that though. You end up with a good, second round exit team. You need multiple all-NBA players to win titles and I don't see any of our young guys becoming that good. I see them all being good, not great players.

Cool. Let them give up on their young dudes.

I would agree but we’re one ring behind that franchise. We can’t let them get more. Lakers want to be the all time winningest franchise , trust me they think about this stuff. Kawhi Gordon Kyrie and Horford would get a couple ring imo and if it comes down to it Magic would try to prevent Boston from getting him

Last edited:
Welp that's game. Good first half though. This is what happens when all of your ball handlers are hurt.

Back
Top Bottom