**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

For those of you who wouldn't, do you honestly think that BI has the potential to become what Kawhi currently is (Top 3 MVP and perennial DPOY candidate)?

Yes. Understand he's competing for these things with guys drafted around the same time as him, not today's superstars. Did you think Kawhi would be Kawhi in his 2nd year? He barely even cracked 20 ppg two years ago, BI should hit that next season. Ingram is 20(!!!) years old and better than Leonard was at the same age

Randle, Brooke, KCP, Kuz, Hart, Ingram all with 30 point games this year.

Lonzo and IT each had 29's, I think.

Did Clarkson have a 30 this year????

Pretty balanced group. Swapping George for KCP and hopefully adding something nice with 25 should definitely advance us further in the West. :smokin

Zo has 32 points in his 3rd game against the suns.

Excited for next season with hopefully free agents and the Young core.

Zo
Hart
Ingram
PG
Juju
Kuz leading bench mob

Hopefully zo starts balling like randle after the baby.

us-laers-aners-lakers-kingdom-1008-2012-2016-them-share-5326750.png

80b29ba5a0458ed22c7444306ec5bb95.jpg

SpectacularOfficialIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

Yes. Understand he's competing for these things with guys drafted around the same time as him, not today's superstars. Did you think Kawhi would be Kawhi in his 2nd year? He barely even cracked 20 ppg two years ago, BI should hit that next season. Ingram is 20(!!!) years old and better than Leonard was at the same age

I feel you. I realize that BI has alot of untapped potential and and 20 yo Ingram is better than a 20 yo Kawhi. That being said, even if Ingram continues to get better, do you think Ingram, at his peak, will be better than Kawhi currently is? I don't think so and that's no slight to Ingram. I just don't ever see BI being a top 5 player in the league or competing for MVPs at any point in his career

I feel you. I realize that BI has alot of untapped potential and and 20 yo Ingram is better than a 20 yo Kawhi. That being said, even if Ingram continues to get better, do you think Ingram, at his peak, will be better than Kawhi currently is? I don't think so and that's no slight to Ingram. I just don't ever see BI being a top 5 player in the league or competing for MVPs at any point in his career

I can guarantee people weren't thinking Kawhi was going to be a top 5 player or MVP candidate at the same age. This isn't Ratsull. BI has the requisite toolset to be one of the very best players in the league, yes in that top 10 range.

I just don't ever see BI being a top 5 player in the league or competing for MVPs at any point in his career

This is basically what it comes down, the opinion of what his ceiling is. He got better every month this year, same as last year. To me it's like trading 20 year old Kawhi for 26 year old Kawhi.

I can guarantee people weren't thinking Kawhi was going to be a top 5 player or MVP candidate at the same age. This isn't Ratsull. BI has the requisite toolset to be one of the very best players in the league, yes in that top 10 range.

My school of thought is that you go with the sure thing. BI could be a Kawhi level player if everything breaks his way (health, coaching, fit, etc.) or he could be the next Tyreke Evans, Andrew Wiggins, or Jabari Parker (good but never great players).

I say you go with the top 5 player in his prime if the trade is available.

Gotta give Luke credit. Super young squad.....ton of injuries......lots of new players......different lineups......still got 35 wins and the team competed and played hard almost every game.

Agreed. I know some of us were rough on him because of...dare i say it...rotations...but he has done well. I think next year is the test.

I am torn on the bring KAWWWHII home train. No doubt BI is something special, the way he has grown this season and takes it to the rack has been amazing. He's going to be great, but if you can get KL at 20 m this coming season then resign him (think he has a PO) we can create a monstar team that no one can touch esp if we can dump deng in the deal. Still got enough money to pay Randle and give someone a bag. Going to be a really interesting offseason.

My school of thought is that you go with the sure thing. BI could be a Kawhi level player if everything breaks his way (health, coaching, fit, etc.) or he could be the next Tyreke Evans, Andrew Wiggins, or Jabari Parker (good but never great players).

I say you go with the top 5 player in his prime if the trade is available.

You don't know how this injury is going to affect Kawhi going forward.

Y'all are right that it's all about what you think BI's ceiling is and how you view Kawhi's injury. I think that Kawhi is fine but the rift between him and the organization has grown to the point where the relationship is irreconcilable. I don't see him playing another game for the Spurs again.

My biggest fear is that we pass up an opportunity to get a top 5 player and strike out in free agency. We might look back 5-10 years from now and say "we could have gotten a prime Kawhi Leonard, but we didn't want to give up Brandon Ingram" and that might sound ridiculous.

overall a satisfying season. wish the guys could have stayed healthier, but i still consider this season a success. wouldnt mind signing brook and IT to 1+1 contracts with whatever is left after maxing PG and extending randle.

Back
Top Bottom