**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm honestly stunned at everyone in such a hurry to trade for a guy that just missed 73 games. SEVENTY THREE.

No one even knows if he will ever come back close to the same as he was. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but giving up on a 20 year old who has grown into his game every single time he's been out there for a guy who MIGHT be healthy, someday.......

Who will also be a free agent a year from now.....

Maybe we should trade for Boogie now too huh? I mean, he's better than Ingram, right?

I'm honestly stunned at everyone in such a hurry to trade for a guy that just missed 73 games. SEVENTY THREE.

No one even knows if he will ever come back close to the same as he was. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but giving up on a 20 year old who has grown into his game every single time he's been out there for a guy who MIGHT be healthy, someday.......

Who will also be a free agent a year from now.....

Maybe we should trade for Boogie now too huh? I mean, he's better than Ingram, right?

its in Pelinka and Magics hand now who are coming to our team next

Is Kawhi’s quad injury really that serious or is there politics involved in why he sat out virtually the whole season?

Is Kawhi’s quad injury really that serious or is there politics involved in why he sat out virtually the whole season?

Politics as usual. Said in the season thread I wouldn’t be surprised if he never played for the spurs again. As long as Ingram and Kuzma stay on the roster I’m cool.

Is there a reason why we can't develop the young talent, sign a couple free agents, and make our run in 2-3 seasons when our guys are ready?

There's a chance our young guys don't become franchise level players and we miss a chance to sign an all-star. Also, why wait 2-3 years when there's a superstar available now?

Development rarely does in a straight line. For every Kawhi and Giannis, there are guys who just plateau. For all we know this is all Kuzma or BI are ever gonna be. MANY Laker fans thought that Clarkson had all-star potential and he ended up just being a role player.

Also, Starts attract other stars. That's just the way the NBA is going. No star wants to be in up purgatory where you waste their prime years on non-contenders. Getting Kawhi will lead to a domino effect that could lead to us getting 2 or 3 other stars.

Last edited:
Kawhi isn't just any big name fam....top 5 player in the league easy. True, we don't know the extent of his injury but it would not hurt to explore the possibility especially if we can get rid of that crappy deng contract.

Love BI. I defended him like crazy here when people said he’s #ontheclock last season

I just think when someone like Kawhi at his age and with his credentials is available, you try to get him.

5 straight years no playoffs......game don’t wait. I want to win now.

None of this matters. Spurs won’t deal him to us NO WAY

- Interesting that we have a three way tie for leading scorer. Kuzma, Randle and BI all averaged 16.1 ppg this season.
- Randle led the team in PER
- Hart shot 39% from three this season. I'd like to see him get his volume but to 6 or 7 attempts per game.

Back
Top Bottom