**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Crowder, defensively, is not a bum.

PG should play better for sure, but this is kinda the point of wanting a deep roster over *stars*.

If PG is strugglin vs a solid defender, others can attack weaker matchups. Ingram, Kuz, Randle etc.

What’s the consensus on Boogie? Looks like Pels are relunctant to give him a long term deal. Would a PG/Boogie or LBJ/Boogie pairing be better than with Randle? Obviously the risks are not knowing how Boogie will return from the achillies injury, but from Randle it’s what you see is what you’ll get your gonna have to need a stretch 5 to make him most effective.

Reports that Pop will not trade Kawhi to any West team. Now we’ll see how bad Kawhi wants to come to LA.

People need to manage expectations with PG. He's not an alpha dog, "put the team on my back" type of player and if we expect him to be that then we'll be very disappointed. He's a complimentary piece on a good team, like a wing version of Draymond.

Idk, he had the Pacers up 2-1 on Miami and was carrying them as I recall. Remember that dunk on Birdman? But that was pre broken leg PG

The key with Paul george is you're not going anywhere if he's your #1 option, but he doesn't need to be the #1 option to succeed. He doesn't need the ball in his hands at all times like Lebron, Harden, Russy, etc. to be effective. He can fit right into teams and still contribute without dominating the ball.

Imagine him more like Klay on our team, not KD/Steph.

The key with Paul george is you're not going anywhere if he's your #1 option, but he doesn't need to be the #1 option to succeed. He doesn't need the ball in his hands at all times like Lebron, Harden, Russy, etc. to be effective. He can fit right into teams and still contribute without dominating the ball.

Imagine him more like Klay on our team, not KD/Steph.

Yes.

No one is expecting him to come here like 96 MJ and lead us straight to the finals. Adding PG gives us depth and still keeps us flexible enough to sign a couple solid pieces around our current roster.

If we manage to hit on our late draft pick like we did Kuzma, we could be pushing 50 wins next season.

Idk, he had the Pacers up 2-1 on Miami and was carrying them as I recall. Remember that dunk on Birdman? But that was pre broken leg PG

That was 6 years ago, man. That was more of an outlier than what we can consistently expect from PG

post broken leg PG is still good. I just think that he stops the ball too much and isos too much which resulted in a lot
turnovers last night.
Unless he commits to defending really well every game (which he won't), I just don't see how I can get on board. I'm
alone in this but it's the way I see it. he's been shooting 7/16 for the season too.

I can't see the picture if he's a piece to this puzzle. Injury issues, poor shot selections, careless fouls and turnover machine
(4 to per in the playoffs and 2.7 in the reg). He's going to be an expensive 3 and D(meh) guy. Rubio, Lonzo and Tatum all
have better defensive ratings than him. PG is 39th.

post broken leg PG is still good. I just think that he stops the ball too much and isos too much which resulted in a lot
turnovers last night.
Unless he commits to defending really well every game (which he won't), I just don't see how I can get on board. I'm
alone in this but it's the way I see it. he's been shooting 7/16 for the season too.

I can't see the picture if he's a piece to this puzzle. Injury issues, poor shot selections, careless fouls and turnover machine
(4 to per in the playoffs and 2.7 in the reg). He's going to be an expensive 3 and D(meh) guy. Rubio, Lonzo and Tatum all
have better defensive ratings than him. PG is 39th.

There are no injury issues. Since his injury he's played 81, 75 and 79 games while playing 36 mpg. He's a turnover machine who takes bad shots when you expect him to be an isolation scoring wing. He's not Harden, Durant, Lebron where you can just hand him the ball and he'll get you a buck. He needs to be set-up and play along with other creators.

The "picture" is acquiring as many talented, established players as possible.

Also, when did Lakers fans become to picky? A year ago we were begging for any attention from all-star caliber players and now we're taking PG for granted. Y'all are funny.

I'm picky because I'm scared to mess whatever we have right now. I'm good with Randle and the young guns.
The injury issue is, he's been injured early on in his career and guess what happens when you get older?

04/17/2018 Right Hip Contusion
03/14/2018 Sore Groin
12/29/2017 Sore Left Knee
12/07/2017 Calf Contusion
11/27/2017 Illness
11/25/2016 Sore Lower Back
11/18/2016 Sore Ankle
11/12/2016 Sore Ankle
03/24/2016 Lower Right Leg Contusion
08/01/2014 Fractured Leg

There are no injury issues. Since his injury he's played 81, 75 and 79 games while playing 36 mpg. He's a turnover machine who takes bad shots when you expect him to be an isolation scoring wing. He's not Harden, Durant, Lebron where you can just hand him the ball and he'll get you a buck. He needs to be set-up and play along with other creators.

The "picture" is acquiring as many talented, established players as possible.

Also, when did Lakers fans become to picky? A year ago we were begging for any attention from all-star caliber players and now we're taking PG for granted. Y'all are funny.

I would have to look at the numbers but he's still a really good iso scorer. He was great last night until the end where it got out of control. He had 30pts on 9/20 shooting. That's all nba level.

One thing I would like to see him do is to get in better shape, the same way Oladipo did when he left OKC. He doesn't seem to have that same explosiveness. He's getting older but he looks slower than he should at this pt in this career.

I'm picky because I'm scared to mess whatever we have right now. I'm good with Randle and the young guns.
The injury issue is, he's been injured early on in his career and guess what happens when you get older?

04/17/2018 Right Hip Contusion
03/14/2018 Sore Groin
12/29/2017 Sore Left Knee
12/07/2017 Calf Contusion
11/27/2017 Illness
11/25/2016 Sore Lower Back
11/18/2016 Sore Ankle
11/12/2016 Sore Ankle
03/24/2016 Lower Right Leg Contusion
08/01/2014 Fractured Leg

"Sore ankle", "Sore Groin", "Illness". Come on bro you're reaching :lol:

You could make this same argument for every single player in the league.Over the last 3 seasons, He's played 235 out of 246 possible games while playing 36 mpg.

So y'all complain about not signing stars, then when we have the cap space and a star wants to come, y'all still complain.

What do you suggest we do with the $70m in cap space we have available? Wait another year for FA who might not be available?

I don't really get what you're saying. Don't sign anyone?

KCP was pretty good for us last yr. I don't get how having a rich man's version of him hurts at all.

I'll admit I was wrong on the Paul George trade last number. I was all for trading for PG last summer. I'm glad we didn't give up Randle, BI, the #2 pick (Ball) or any other asset for PG

I'll admit I was wrong on the Paul George trade last number. I was all for trading for PG last summer. I'm glad we didn't give up Randle, BI, the #2 pick (Ball) or any other asset for PG

Yet you wanna do the same for Kawhi no?

Back
Top Bottom