**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yet you wanna do the same for Kawhi no?

Difference is, its been well known that PG is willing to sign during free agency with the Lakers, plus him having 1yr left in his contract, wouldn't make sense for us to trade for him.
with Kawhi its different because he has 3yrs left under contract (if im not mistaken) and we have no clue what his intentions are. Im willing to trade for him but wouldn't want us to include more than 1 of our young core.

IMO LBJ is out of the question, so why not try and go after both PG and Kawhi?

Difference is, its been well known that PG is willing to sign during free agency with the Lakers, plus him having 1yr left in his contract, wouldn't make sense for us to trade for him.
with Kawhi its different because he has 3yrs left under contract (if im not mistaken) and we have no clue what his intentions are. Im willing to trade for him but wouldn't want us to include more than 1 of our young core.

It's the exact same scenario as PG going into last summer. Kawhi has 1 year left on his current deal and will be a free agent next summer barring him signing an extension with SA in July.

Kawhi has one more year on his deal after this one. 2019-20 season has a player option so he's essentially a free agent after next season.

IMO LBJ is out of the question, so why not try and go after both PG and Kawhi?
Kawhi just has the 2018-2019 season left under contract with SA. It’s the same boat as PG was at this time last year

^ Gotcha.....
I was under the impression that his contract ran through the 2019/20 season.
Definitely makes no sense to trade for him then.

Nah PG is like a young Melo on the Nuggets.

Both aren't true superstars and are just B grade superstars.

Melo is just washed now and at the end of his career :lol:

He's a more complete player than Melo but this makes sense. He's a 4.5/5 player. He can be the best player on a contender but has to have the subsequent pieces around him to supplement. Similar to Melo in 2009. But maybe he has another level to go to if this trend of post Russ effect continues.

He's a more complete player than Melo but this makes sense. He's a 4.5/5 player. He can be the best player on a contender but has to have the subsequent pieces around him to supplement. Similar to Melo in 2009. But maybe he has another level to go to if this trend of post Russ effect continues.

:lol:

Black Hayward. Y’all ain’t gon never learn.

He was a top 15ish player at his peak in Denver.

I get that but PG was never looked at as a "carry the franchise" type of player. Melo was. PG is a 20-23 scorer that plays great defense. Melo only did one thing on the court. PG doesn't need to be some superstar/all time great to help the Lakers, we already got a lot young talent and scorers. Just move him in at the 2 and it's great fit.

You gone be super tight when the Show make the playoffs and that faux young core still on the outside trying to get in.

Heh :rofl:

5BA4DB18-1455-49CE-A024-0BED420E0E7E.gif

We gon see!

Reactions: MVP
I get that but PG was never looked at as a "carry the franchise" type of player. Melo was. PG is a 20-23 scorer that plays great defense. Melo only did one thing on the court. PG doesn't need to be some superstar/all time great to help the Lakers, we already got a lot young talent and scorers. Just move him in at the 2 and it's great fit.

I think he was that guy for the Pacers or at least they wanted him to be.

Young Nuggets Melo didn't even really carry those teams though.

I mean he had a sorta passed his Prime AI who just didn't fit in well at Denver. But he still had a pretty damn good team with KMart, Andre Miller, JR Smith, and Birdman when they made it to the WCF in 2009 against the Lakers.

Melo just got the rep as a guy who could carry a team because he played well for Team USA in the Olympics lately.

Heh :rofl:

5BA4DB18-1455-49CE-A024-0BED420E0E7E.gif

We gon see!

You gon be wanting a spot on the young Lakers bandwagon soon...

I think he was that guy for the Pacers or at least they wanted him to be.

Yeah he was back when the East was kinda the Heat and nobody else. I like PG a lot but he's too inconsistent and streaky to be the #1 dude. I look at him and Klay the same. On the Lakers he won't be asked to carry the offense. BI and Kuz will be avg 18+ next year.

Word is Pelicans will not extend a max contract offer to Boogie based on how well they have been playing without him this year....

PG is better than BI and Kuz and most likely will be for the next 2 yrs at least.

Last year's line: 24/6/3 and 1.6 steals, 46% fg and 39% 3pt.

He went for 28/8/7 shooting 43% from 3pt in the playoffs against the best player in the world. They got swept but every game was within 5pts and his next best player was Jeff Teague.

PG is an all star. Not superstar level but he would 100% be the best player on the roster the second he signs.

Yall are tripping.

People really saying no to Paul George? Jesus Christ we need some type of star here if we want other stars to even take us serious. Especially since we have an opportunity to get PG without even giving up any young players. How do you say no to that? Ingram, Ball and Kuz would still only be 23-26years old when PG hits 31 years old.

Back
Top Bottom