**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Owner will be paying near $1B in luxury taxes.
Not happening.

Klay already said he's taking a pay cut to stay. And you're underestimating that Bay Area money. The amount that they're charging to even be able to purchase a seat at the Chase Center is absurd.

Reactions: God
Honestly, I think we have a punchers chance of landing KD this summer. IF he takes meetings and IF we get one, there is no doubt in my mind he signs here.

Klay already said he's taking a pay cut to stay. And you're underestimating that Bay Area money. The amount that they're charging to even be able to purchase a seat at the Chase Center is absurd.

KD already said he's not taking a paycut.
Curry didn't take a paycut, I don't see Draymond taking one either. Why would Klay take a paycut if no one else is willing to in order to keep the team intact?

They'll be asking Klay to take a $50m paycut. No one is taking a $50m paycut.

No owner in the league has money to pay $1B in luxury taxes except Steve Ballmer.

Curry
KD
Klay
Draymond

Are all supermax players. Warriors can't afford 4 supermax contracts. Klay is probably the least important out of the 4.

Klay, Draymond and Steph are supermax eligible but according to the CBA, teams can only have 2 supermax players. KD is not supermax eligible b/c he left as a free agent after his rookie deal. Steph is already making the Supermax.

The interesting thing is gonna be Draymond and Klay. By the start of next season, they'll likely have 3 titles a piece. Do they get greedy and go for the big money elsewhere? The most the Warriors can reasonable offer them is $20m/season (which is well below the $33m/year they could get if they left).

Even with those guys taking steep paycuts, the Warriors will be well over the cap. Do the Warriors continue to pay deep into the luxury tax bill for the next 3-4 years?

Last edited:
KD already said he's not taking a paycut.
Curry didn't take a paycut, I don't see Draymond taking one either. Why would Klay take a paycut if no one else is willing to in order to keep the team intact?

They'll be asking Klay to take a $50m paycut. No one is taking a $50m paycut.

No owner in the league has money to pay $1B in luxury taxes except Steve Ballmer.

Klay has said out of his own mouth he's willing to take a pay cut of that magnitude. Dray also knows where his bread is buttered. His value as a player is much higher to the Dubs than anywhere else in the league.

Klay has said out of his own mouth he's willing to take a pay cut of that magnitude. Dray also knows where his bread is buttered. His value as a player is much higher to the Dubs than anywhere else in the league.

What do you expect him to say? "Na, I'm leaving"?
KD at the beginning of the season said he was willing to take a paycut and now just a few months ago, he said he was not going to.
Everyone knows the Warriors doesn't have the money to sign 4 supermax contracts.

If you know anything about Klay's dad, Mychal Thompson, die hard Laker, one of the cheapest guys ever, he's not allowing his son to take a $50m paycut to stay with the Warriors when he can play for his childhood favorite team while getting paid and still competing.

Quick Google search:
Joe Lacob net worth $1.5B

What do you expect him to say? "Na, I'm leaving"?
KD at the beginning of the season said he was willing to take a paycut and now just a few months ago, he said he was not going to.
Everyone knows the Warriors doesn't have the money to sign 4 supermax contracts.

If you know anything about Klay's dad, Mychal Thompson, die hard Laker, one of the cheapest guys ever, he's not allowing his son to take a $50m paycut to stay with the Warriors when he can play for his childhood favorite team while getting paid and still competing.

Quick Google search:
Joe Lacob net worth $1.5B

He doesn't have to say he's leaving. He doesn't have to express he's willing to take such a significant paycut.

Curry
KD
Klay
Draymond

Are all supermax players. Warriors can't afford 4 supermax contracts. Klay is probably the least important out of the 4.

This is another example of why people hate and don’t take Laker fans seriously.

I like all the kids, but do I think they can take the Lakers to the promised land with a very good player like Paul George...

giphy.gif

It's complicated.

I like all the kids, but do I think they can take the Lakers to the promised land with a very good player like Paul George...

giphy.gif

It's complicated.

Paul George is a piece to the puzzle, not the answer.

I don't think anybody in here sees PG as the savior. He's the perfect star to come in and grow with the core we have. Barring something crazy happening with KD who would really be ultimate one.

Reactions: God
I don't think anybody in here sees PG as the savior. He's the perfect star to come in and grow with the core we have. Barring something crazy happening with KD who would really be ultimate one.

So you want iso-king KD but not Lebron, a player who's better and more durable than him? Lebron doesn't qualify as a finishing piece?

Why would KD leave a team where he just won back to back championships ?

He wouldn't but just saying he would be the ultimate star to come in even way more so than Bron and would compliment who we have and not compromise their games.

He's a beta male who craves validation and doesn't like to be hated. It's well known that he didn't anticipate the backlash he's received.He's the type who craves validation and maybe he feels like he's not getting enough credit for the Warriors winning.

Also, maybe his championship itch has been scratched so maybe he might want out(maybe)? Not to mention we can offer more money than he's currently making. It's a longshot though. He becoming some Silicon Valley superstar playing for Golden State, might not wanna give that up.

Last edited:
KD won't leave Warriors as long as Draymond and Steph are still there.

He most likely won't, but if he wants to build on his individual legacy he might think about leaving. Hard to think of him as a Mt. Rushmore player just coasting on the Dubs.

Warrior fans like and respect Durant. But they don't love him like the other three.

Just wonder if he has an eye to "challenge" himself more than what he's got going on now.

Player rankings given (age, talent, style of play) for the Lakers

1. KD
2. Kawhi
3. PG
4. Bron

Player rankings given (age, talent, style of play) for the Lakers

1. KD
2. Kawhi
3. PG
4. Bron

1. KD ain't coming
2. Kawhi ain't coming unless we give up assets (even if he's hell bend on leaving and leaving $70m on the table, the Spurs won't let him walk for nothing. They'll sell him to the highest bidder)

That leaves us w/PG and Bron (ie the best player in the league)

Or just paying him the max means he's a max player which nobody would dispute. I mean he just got done making the all NBA team.

Back
Top Bottom