**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

That's the problem. If you're paying him the max, he better be the answer.

the "max" ain't the "max" anymore. The supermax is the new max. There are 14 players in the league making over $25m/year currently (and many more in the years to come) and PG won't be the worst of that group

The Wiggins-Love trade was the only time Bron had young talent traded for a proven vet right?

Feel like he took young guys under his wing in Miami. (Cole & Chalmers comes to mind)

Warrior fans like and respect Durant. But they don't love him like the other three.

Just wonder if he has an eye to "challenge" himself more than what he's got going on now.

After reading the story about how the Hamptons meeting went down and what was said.... I don’t see him leaving GS at all unless it becomes an absolute train wreck at some point. And I think management would cut bait with Klay before they do so with KD

After reading the story about how the Hamptons meeting went down and what was said.... I don’t see him leaving GS at all unless it becomes an absolute train wreck at some point. And I think management would cut bait with Klay before they do so with KD
You have an Athletic subscription? How do you like it. Never thought I would pay to read articles, but I really like the Bay Area group that they've assembled.

Been wanting an athletic center, but I feel like it may be best to load up on perimeter players.

tenor.gif

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...ingram-micah-lancaster-victor-oladipo-trainer

Ingram doing a lot of training with Oladipos trainer from last year, and working a lot on dribble moves & finishing at the basket. Add that in with him doing strength workouts with the Lakers personal trainers & i could see this really improving his game next year. The ability to stop on a dime or change directions quicker is really gonna help him.

One thing it's always amazed me about basketball is that there are guys who been in the league for 3 or 4 years and you're just now starting to lift weights and take care of their body.

I played High School football and before I ever played it down, I'd been in the gym for the entire summer lifting weights. It's incredible to me that these guys are playing basketball the highest level and don't lift weights at all until they've been in the league for years. Football is militant about strength training whereas basketball is pretty passive about it. I realize that basketball players aren't as big as football players but everyone knows that you can gain strength without gaining tons of weight and added strength helps your game and helps you recover faster

Like Julius Randle, it's awesome that he finally started eating right and taking care of his body and the improvements in his game showed it. But part of me is like "why'd it take you for years to figure this out?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom