**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Gah damn this is fye

That ye cudi joint is trash. I been low energy today and needed sum new to turn up to before I hit the club. So this along wit the superfly soundtrack gon get me all the way turnt up. Sippin on some black bottles and bumbu early today

Thanks for postin this blood

4bxnkfqgfv211.jpg

1 scenario I'd be willing to entertain is trading this year's Cavs pick and Deng for a smaller, contract and then stretching that contract.

For example, I've seen trades proposed where we send the Cavs pick and Deng to the Bulls and we receive Felicio whose in the first year of a $32m deal. We could immediately stretch him, and free up around $12m immediately (although carrying $4.5m in salary for the next 7 years sucks).

There are no good or easy options to get rid of Dengs contract but I prefer taking this route over giving up one of the young core or giving up multiple future first-round picks.

I really don't want to get back into the "trading first-round picks" game. The last couple years have been very stressful lol

Last edited:
I trust Pelinka and his ways to work around the salary cap. Of course ideally we would want to get rid of Deng without picking up a contract. Draft day is gonna be huge on how that day ends going into free agent signing.

If we missed out on LeBron Paul George, there's not really much out there in free agency. The 2019 free agency class is pretty weak as well. Klay Thompson is most likely going to resign with the Warriors and I'm not sure if I want Jimmy Butler. He'll be 30 with a lot of mileage and injury issues.

My biggest fear is that the front office panics if LeBron and PG go elsewhere and it's 2016 all over again and we signed mediocre players to large contracts.

The front office has put a lot of pressure on themselves. They've been very public about their goals and if we miss out we're going to look very bad. I trust magic and Rob though and I think things will work out one way or another

They need to sign one of PG or LBJ
If they don’t, they will panic and start trading away assets
#ontheclock

I hope not. This was my primary issue with Rob and Magic being so explicit about their intentions this off-season. If we don't sign 2 max free agents, we're gonna look really bad. There is no Plan B.

I hope not. This was my primary issue with Rob and Magic being so explicit about their intentions this off-season. If we don't sign 2 max free agents, we're gonna look really bad. There is no Plan B.

They only need one this summer
They already tried easing the backlash by saying they wouldn’t spend it all and they’d wait til next summer
But you need one big Signing

Back
Top Bottom