**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Woj just be saying anything nowadays. He throws a lot of **** against the wall, even outright contradicting himself sometimes. This past summer he said Kawhi was cool playing for the Lakers even after LeBron signed. Then the next day it was he doesn't want to and prefers the clippers

I think Woj says a lot of **** as a favor to teams/execs/agents.

I bet Klay’s agent insinuated that to secure the max from GS for Klay.

I'm saying they have pivoted from waiting for free agency because the rumored guys (Kawhi, Klay, Kyrie, etc.) aren't sending the back channel signals that they'd be willing to come with just Bron being here. That might change if AD is already in the fold.

The initial plan of waiting until summer 2019 is no longer in play. Bron is running the Lakers now.

That's what I'm saying, it's not about the Lakers waiting for this summer by choice. They'll trade for him if they can and if not they'll potentially be able to sign a max and revisit AD later, with even more leverage. But if you're saying it's that unlikely that they get a max then it's moot and they'd have to make the same offer later, they wouldn't wait for his free agency in that scenario

I don’t get it. Boston will NOT trade tatum for a potential rental

So it would be Brown, Smart and 3 picks (Memphis keeping their pick bc they are in a free fall). The picks are likely mid teens x 2 and one in the mid 20s

So you’re telling me: Brown, smart, 14, 18, 23 is better then...

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and 1 mid 20s pick?

Lol hilarious

I don’t get it. Boston will NOT trade tatum for a potential rental

So it would be Brown, Smart and 3 picks (Memphis keeping their pick bc they are in a free fall). The picks are likely mid teens x 2 and one in the mid 20s

So you’re telling me: Brown, smart, 14, 18, 23 is better then...

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and 1 mid 20s pick?

Lol hilarious

Maybe they’ll be petty and not want to appease Rich Paul and keep him away from the Lakers and out of the western conference.

That's what I'm saying, it's not about the Lakers waiting for this summer by choice. They'll trade for him if they can and if not they'll potentially be able to sign a max and revisit AD later. But if you're saying it's that unlikely that they get a max then it's moot and they'd have to make the same offer later, they wouldn't wait for his free agency in that scenario

Wait for whose free agency?

Wait for whose free agency?

If some team rents AD then tried to flip him to the Lakers for the kitchen sink package, the Lakers could just kick back and wait for AD's free agency IF they manage to sign a max or otherwise become legit contenders this summer. But if not, that goes out the window

Edit - just realized we probably won't have cap for that

Randle's agent what is you doin baby? Randle becoming a journeyman, shoulda stayed here

And yall know damn well the self proclaimed Kang aint coming back against Embiid and Simmons.

Last edited:
I'm probably the only person who doesn't want this to go down, not yet at least.

Wait til the off-season and do the original plan, of picking up another max free agent (Kawhi, Klay) and then at that point you have Lebron + Max Player and the young core to trade if you want or not.

My thoughts are **** it, if we can get LeBron and Kawhi or Klay and run the season with those 2 and the young core see how we do, if anything we can still make that trade with whoever picks up AD if he's adamant about coming to the Lakers.

I just think this isn't how you gain a dynasty, the Warriors are like this because they drafted well and picked up Durant for nothing, as a free agent, they didn't have to part their whole team for him, if the Lakers can someone get Kawhi or Klay and pair them with the young core and see where that goes i'm down with that, like I said if AD adamant about LA and teaming up with LeBron that avenue will still be there later, and next season whatever team has him won't risk him leaving for nothing they'll make that trade.

Just my thoughts, I hate getting attached to these players and then selling them all off in one fell swoop.

Go Lakers!

I'm probably the only person who doesn't want this to go down, not yet at least.

Wait til the off-season and do the original plan, of picking up another max free agent (Kawhi, Klay) and then at that point you have Lebron + Max Player and the young core to trade if you want or not.

My thoughts are **** it, if we can get LeBron and Kawhi or Klay and run the season with those 2 and the young core see how we do, if anything we can still make that trade with whoever picks up AD if he's adamant about coming to the Lakers.

I just think this isn't how you gain a dynasty, the Warriors are like this because they drafted well and picked up Durant for nothing, as a free agent, they didn't have to part their whole team for him, if the Lakers can someone get Kawhi or Klay and pair them with the young core and see where that goes i'm down with that, like I said if AD adamant about LA and teaming up with LeBron that avenue will still be there later, and next season whatever team has him won't risk him leaving for nothing they'll make that trade.

Just my thoughts, I hate getting attached to these players and then selling them all off in one fell swoop.

Go Lakers!
I’m with this too

For me it’s a win win. We trade for Davis, cool we got Davis!

We don’t...cool we got few more months at least of the young core.

No u get Davis now!

F this young core they trash

Davis is the Prbly the last Superstar that’s going to demand a trade for some years

Gotta move now or get left with a 35 year old LeBron and BI skinny jeans

in all honesty though... if I'm the Pelicans, I would not be interested in trading for the lakers trash young core. Most overrated, most overvalued group of kids ever.

but im hoping its the best deal for them, please take our trash! haha

in all honesty though... if I'm the Pelicans, I would not be interested in trading for the lakers trash young core. Most overrated, most overvalued group of kids ever.
Have you seen Boston's young core they are certainly overrated, guys had a good run in the playoffs and have since struggled this year.

No u get Davis now!

F this young core they trash

Davis is the Prbly the last Superstar that’s going to demand a trade for some years

Gotta move now or get left with a 35 year old LeBron and BI skinny jeans

lol, him KD and Garnett shouldnt not be allowed within 200 feet of skinny jeans... its just a horrible look.

Back
Top Bottom