**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

"The Lakers are moving on from Tyronn Lue and will continue their search for a coach, according to a person familiar with the Lakers’ thinking.

Former Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel, former Atlanta Hawks and New York Knicks coach Mike Woodson and former Memphis Grizzlies and Brooklyn Nets coach Lionel Hollins will be added to the Lakers’ pool of candidates. They will also continue to consider Juwan Howard and Jason Kidd, both of whom were interviewed in April. "

Source:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-tyronn-lue-not-hired-20190508-story.html

Good I didn't want Ty Lue as the next coach anyways.
I kind of liked Lionel Hollins but I think he would have been a better coach without Lebron. He always gave me the impression he was good with younger players. Has Vogel ever been about to capture lightning in a bottle again like that Nets team. Mike Woodson was alright in Atlanta still don't think he is that guy with LeBron again he needs rookies to teach the fundamentals.

Unfortunately the summer is turning out just as I had expected, feel it will continue this way into free agency.

Good for Ty
**** these dumb *** Lakers execs

They want no stability and continuity

Coaching carousel will continue

Literally had a championship coach handed to you, and they blow it.
giphy.gif

Not a Lue fan, but Pop, Kerr, Spo, Carlisle and Lue. That’s it

Yes, he had Lebron but they all had great players. The experience of coaching in 3 finals and winning one is valuable, especially in contrast to bums like Kidd, Woodson et al

You guys are starting to gas Lue up a bit much now :lol:
Honestly, Vogel is probably just as capable as a coach.

Lmaooo McTen said he turned down an initial offer on Tuesday and this was their counter offer. Truly a clown franchise. I had a sneaky suspicion they might try and be cheap. And I don't even think they're on the hook for Luke since he got another job. This is truly infuriating man.

why are you guys upset about t lue? he wanted 5, lakers wants 3 yrs to match lebrons timeline and he’s gonna get paid handsomely at that.

lakers wanted to surround him with hand picked coaching assistants (vogel, kidd) and what’s wrong with that? aren’t y’all an advocate of hiring quality staff?

lue acting like he’s a legit championship coach. lakers dodged another mike brown.

Ok :lol:
So if Vogel coaches those Cavs teams they wouldn't of had similar success? He wouldn't of bailed mid season because the job is too stressful for him either.
Things are bad right now but acting like Ty Lue is some sort of savior or special coach isn't the response, it's the fact that Lakers couldn't close the deal with someone that isn't that special like him

So if Vogel coaches those Cavs teams they wouldn't of had similar success? He wouldn't of bailed mid season because the job is too stressful for him either.
Things are bad right now but acting like Ty Lue is some sort of savior or special coach isn't the response, it's the fact that Lakers couldn't close the deal with someone that isn't that special like him

why are you guys upset about t lue? he wanted 5, lakers wants 3 yrs to match lebrons timeline and he’s gonna get paid handsomely at that.

lakers wanted to surround him with hand picked coaching assistants (vogel, kidd) and what’s wrong with that? aren’t y’all an advocate of hiring quality staff?

lue acting like he’s a legit championship coach. lakers dodged another mike brown.

It was a **** offer man. He'd essentially be getting paid the same as Puke did on lesser years. With no assurances after Bron is gone he'd still be the coach. They basically were trying to pull the same shenanigans they did with hiring Byron to oversee Kobe's last years.

What kind of offense does Vogel run? Do you know?

Folks underrating Lue's offense schemes
they were basic af and didn't have any real complex motions but it got the best out of those CLE rosters lol

I’m upset because once again we are trying to hire a short term coach. The instability will continue.

Back
Top Bottom