**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Again, what did ya'll expect? :lol:

I been saying this since ya'll started this whole "Fire Luke" campaign. There is no great coach sitting out there to give a long term deal to. If you hire Lue it's only based on his relationship with Bron. What other reason would you hire him for?

If any coach is better than Luke then ya'll shouldn't be complaining.

Lue is still a better coach than Luke though
offensive x's and o's
would've gotten a better assistant staff
and can handle the media circus

players wasn't respecting luke like that :lol:

What kind of offense does Vogel run? Do you know?

I know he knows defense like a ************ and that none of these teams in the postseason are running anything but high pick and rolls and iso's for the most part as far as X's an O's goes. His offense is old school but he is good at exploiting mismatches and he tries to get the best looks for everyone on the team, people said it would hinder Paul George and he was playing fine their and let's be real, Bron controls the offense when he wants to.

I know he knows defense like a **********er and that none of these teams in the postseason are running anything but high pick and rolls and iso's for the most part as far as X's an O's goes. His offense is old school but he is good at exploiting mismatches and he tries to get the best looks for everyone on the team, people said it would hinder Paul George and he was playing fine their and let's be real, Bron controls the offense when he wants to.

:lol:

**** it, if they hirin in the front office, I'll apply.

By Rob, come talk to me Riles. #Family
Yes we can pay Spo.
C'mon in Kawhi, you're the one, Bron will work with ya.
Top 10 pick, don't mind if I do.
Stay Javale. Come back Brooke, Magic was trippin.

Hello New Orleans....yes I'll hold. Yeah, I can handle Ingram/Lonzo/Kuz and 2 future firsts.

Rondo stays cheap
Hart
Kawhi/Top 10
Bron/Wagner
Brooke/Javale

Couple ring chasers, call it good. I'll fax my resume in tomorrow Jeanie.

**** it, if they hirin in the front office, I'll apply.

By Rob, come talk to me Riles. #Family
Yes we can pay Spo.
C'mon in Kawhi, you're the one, Bron will work with ya.
Top 10 pick, don't mind if I do.
Stay Javale. Come back Brooke, Magic was trippin.

Hello New Orleans....yes I'll hold. Yeah, I can handle Ingram/Lonzo/Kuz and 2 future firsts.

Rondo stays cheap
Hart
Kawhi/Top 10
Bron/Wagner
Brooke/Javale

Couple ring chasers, call it good. I'll fax my resume in tomorrow Jeanie.
You must connect with Jeanie emotionally to get the job first

Octopus offense isn't appealing but I mean if you want to discuss this like an adult feel free, otherwise keep up with the smilies
Bruh Vogel offense is just as bad as Luke Walton. That’s fakks.

I understand the concerns with Ty Lue but he’s far superior offensively than Vogel. Bron ball is a myth and there’s several sources/videos that point this out. He has played within a system most of his career. Thinking Bron just runs iso and high pnr is a lazy assessment.

Having a good offensive coach means even when you aren’t running an organized set you still have proper floor spacing and players moving with purpose (I.e. relocating, cutting, screening etc). Luke taught none of this and that’s why the lane was always congested (equates to more difficult shots at the rim—Bron efficiency decreased significantly), and players were stagnant which created zero mismatches or advantages for the offense. Plus Luke didn’t understand how to employ players. He didn’t utilize them in ways that fit their strengths. Vogel is just as incompetent when it comes to offense.

Bruh Vogel offense is just as bad as Luke Walton. That’s fakks.

I understand the concerns with Ty Lue but he’s far superior offensively than Vogel. Bron ball is a myth and there’s several sources/videos that point this out. He has played within a system most of his career. Thinking Bron just runs iso and high pnr is a lazy assessment.

Having a good offensive coach means even when you aren’t running an organized set you still have proper floor spacing and players moving with purpose (I.e. relocating, cutting, screening etc). Luke taught none of this and that’s why the lane was always congested (equates to more difficult shots at the rim—Bron efficiency decreased significantly), and players were stagnant which created zero mismatches or advantages for the offense. Plus Luke didn’t understand how to employ players. He didn’t utilize them in ways that fit their strengths. Vogel is just as incompetent when it comes to offense.

Did you watch the adjustments he made in Orlando from Indiana? Not being condescending but legit wondering. He said he was going to modernize his spacing/schemes and he was doing that there, that roster just wasn't prepped to do any real winning/consistent production. The sets were legit different than the Pacers sets. He made Gordon a stretch player, no?
I never said he was a great entity but I still think he is definitely as capable as Ty Lue. And to be real, I don't want someone that folded from the pressure of coaching at one point by my ego manager/leader of men.
Also never said bron was a high PNR/iso guy. Misquoted me there.
Luke lead that dubs roster to their best streak. I'm sure there's a lot of plusses offensively that point towards him being a good coach there that didn't translate at all here. Lue just always looked out of his element to me.
If we gonna straight X's and O's go after Beilien or Bennet. There's a few college guys that have great/pain in the *** offenses that are better off taking a chance on IMO.
Vogel had a lot of big personalities in Indiana and had a lot of those dudes playing at their best points of their careers.
Again, I reiterate the lack of unique sets being ran this postseason. A Good chunk of these coaches motions, sans Pop get ran significantly less than they do the regular season.

Last edited:
5 years and no playoffs counting.
You think they can poach a mid tier college coach or someone from Pop's coaching tree, retry Mike brown with an offensive genius? Miss the yolo Bynum days but that season was horrible offensively.
Sign at least one of the K's ( kawhi,kyrie or klay kd ) and seth and poach a shooter from nuggets, bucks. Gonna research Kemba if that's the consolation prize but they legit need 2-3 shooters, we finish top 10 in 3s next year, well win 15 more games.

anyway i think lue turning down a gig that could resurrect his career is hilarious.

teams aren’t exactly lining up for his service. lol.

Jeanie needs to step down as majority owner. Kurt and Linda need to take a hike with their micro-managing ways.

If I were Lebron, I'd request to be Player-Coach or else demand to be traded.

I'm done with this team. So disappointed in the Laker HR Dept for not replying to my resume and not granting me an interview for the Copywriter position. Guess they don't want to be winners no more.

he’s probably gonna get another gig again, as a mid season replacement but i dont think he’s a 5 yr term coach.

lakers for once are smart for resisting it. lebron has 2 more years and signing lue for 5 doesn’t really make sense.

It's a standard NBA contract man even if you wanna fire him after Lebron is gone you don't insult him by offering one that clearly states he's only here to babysit him.

Back
Top Bottom