**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Well that means we keep Zo and Kuz. 2 > 0. Or trade Zo and keep BI and Kuz, either option is better than getting rid of all of them to be just left with AD and nothing after Bron retires.

In that scenario, we would be left with Davis and Kyrie/Kawhi and a max salary slot in a couple of years. That's not a bad spot to be in :lol:

In that scenario, we would be left with Davis and Kyrie/Kawhi and a max salary slot in a couple of years. That's not a bad spot to be in :lol:

No that's without Kawhi or Kyrie signing which is the more likely scenario of what's early going to happen. Gutting the team for AD with only a declining Bron makes no sense. That's why initially I said if we get Kawhi or Kyrie just roll with them + the kids, no need to go after AD.

No that's without Kawhi or Kyrie signing which is the more likely scenario of what's early going to happen. Gutting the team for AD with only a declining Bron makes no sense. That's why initially I said if we get Kawhi or Kyrie just roll with them + the kids, no need to go after AD.

The Davis decision is going to have to be made before any free agency signings (likely prior to the draft). Are you suggesting that we shouldn't trade for Anthony Davis? Also keep in mind, if we retain Ingram we cannot sign Davis next summer.

The Davis decision is going to have to be made before any free agency signings (likely prior to the draft). Are you suggesting that we shouldn't trade for Anthony Davis? Also keep in mind, if we retain Ingram we cannot sign Davis next summer.

I made that perfectly clear. Do not gut the team for Anthony Davis. Especially without assurances that another top guy is going to come. It doesn't have to be before the draft. Those kind of trades rarely are done at that time anyway.

I made that perfectly clear. Do not gut the team for Anthony Davis. Especially without assurances that another top guy is going to come. It doesn't have to be before the draft. Those kind of trades rarely are done at that time anyway.

We can agree to disagree. Personally, I don't value our young guys as much as others and I'm also thinking about the financials of retaining them going forward. We owe Ingram $20m after next season and the season after that both heart Lonzo and Ingram are all up for extension. Realistically we won't be able to keep them all. I'd rather give Davis $40m a year instead of giving Zo, Kuzma and Ball around $20 each.

Also, I don't think these guys are nearly as good as you all think they are.
1.Kuz is near his peak. He's about to be 24 so he's not going to grow much physically. I view Kuzma as a low IQ, high-volume scorer type.
2. I have long-term injury and mechanics issues with Lonzo. He could clean up his mechanics and become a decent shooter and finish around the basket or gets to just be who he is. Also, he could be the next Steph Curry regarding injuries. This could just be some early-career injuries that go away or he could be injury prone.
3. Ingram has the potential to be a star if he can stay healthy and learn to shoot threes. For now, he has about two offensive moves and he's below League average in PER.

I'd much rather have a Davis, 26 year old top 10 player who will help to attract other stars long after LeBron is gone.

Playing just 2 teams. Weird

8773D053-E06D-409C-AB90-3B25B4DABDD3.jpeg

I have a bad feeling about the Rockets opening up shop. CP3 just seems like a move we'd make. :lol:

If you open up the free agents + who will be available

Durant
Kawhi
Kyrie
Klay
Kris Middelton
Jimmy Butler
Vucevic
Boogie
AD
CP3

I'm tryin to think of the scenarios that could happen, even worst case. That way we can be happy if we get something even better.

Getting CP3/Boogie would be worst case scenario
Getting Kyrie/AD would be great. :lol:

I've seen talk where we can get AD and keep Lonzo, then sign a 2nd Max.

AD
Bron
2nd Max
Ball

Then fill out the roster with ring chasers and buyouts.

So many damn variables. Who is really looking to get out, vs stay, or use us as leverage to get their money elsewhere.

not even worried a bit. rob is pretty smart. he knows the implication of acquiring CP3's contract.

if history tells us anything about rob, it's that he's a fleecer not a sucker.

not even worried a bit. rob is pretty smart. he knows the implication of acquiring CP3's contract.

I'm not sure who the blame goes to for our roster moves last season but nothing indicates that Rob is all that smart (unless we're assuming all the bad moves were on Magic)

1. Let Brook Lopez walk for nothing and instead use that money on Michael Beasley and Lance Stephenson

2. Traded Zubac for Mike Muscala, a player who had more DNPs than three pointers

3. Prioritized getting "playmakers" and "ball-handlers" as opposed to shooters when we all know how every successful LeBron James team has been constructed (surround LeBron with shooters)

This is all before we even talked about the head coaching search debocle.

But what if he finds some bible passage justifying the trade?

I'm not sure who the blame goes to for our roster moves last season but nothing indicates that Rob is all that smart (unless we're assuming all the bad moves were on Magic)

1. Let Brook Lopez walk for nothing and instead use that money on Michael Beasley and Lance Stephenson

2. Traded Zubac for Mike Muscala, a player who had more DNPs than three pointers

3. Prioritized getting "playmakers" and "ball-handlers" as opposed to shooters when we all know how every successful LeBron James team has been constructed (surround LeBron with shooters)

It all started at the draft for me. Wasnt high on Moe, and trading a future 2nd to move up for bonga is a fireable offense to me.

Also letting T Bryant go for nothing.

Last year was a disaster. No reason he should have a job still.

that's all magic tbh. the man himself said so and even accepted accountability on all those awful moves.

But what if he finds some bible passage justifying the trade?
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland”

Lol just reading this thread and hearing the possible roster for next year from y’all. It’s hilarious. I’ve already given up.

I expect no more than bogdonavich snd trading our core for a couple shooters

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom