**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm almost 100% sure we're not keeping the pick but just for fun which combo do you think would be the best backcourt:

D'lo/Zo
D'lo/Fox
D'lo/Garland
Fox/Garland
Zo/Garland

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ll wait til 2020 for Unibrow then. Idk if we’ll still have a max slot due to Ingram’s extension though.

2020 could be Zo/BI/Lebron/Unibrow w/ Garland, Kuz & Hart

I bet they’ll trade for Beal if all else fails.

That doesn't work under the salary cap. Ingram's 2020 cap hold is $20 million. In order to sign Davis next summer, we would either have to trade or renounce Ingram.

I'm almost 100% sure we're not keeping the pick but just for fun which combo do you think would be the best backcourt:

D'lo/Zo
D'lo/Fox
D'lo/Garland
Fox/Garland
Zo/Garland

Gotta go with dlo and fox until Zo puts a whole season together.

Dlo has the size but Garland has more shake, and I would bet he ends up being the better shooter and finisher.

9ubt1wuit9131.jpg

If there’s a scenario where they trade for AD and retain Zo that’ll be a giant W
BI seems to be the catalyst in any deal of that sort

Reactions: DLF
If there’s a scenario where they trade for AD and retain Zo that’ll be a giant W
BI seems to be the catalyst in any deal of that sort

If we trade for Anthony Davis, Ingram is going to have to be gone because he's our best most proven prospect and also because of his $20m cap hold in 2020.

It would be great if we could keep either Lonzo or Kuzma. Another great outcome (though unlikely) would be:

Zo, LeBron, Kawhi and Davis
or
Kyrie, LeBron, Kuzma and Davis

We getting greedy here wanting 3 Max players....

Let us get Kawhi or Kyrie and keep the young core i'm more than happy with that.

Lonzo
BI
Kawhi
Lebron
Center

or

Kyrie
Lonzo
BI
Lebron
Center

Plus Kuz+Hart+ #4 Pick+ Wagner and others would be not only great but set us up for the future

We getting greedy here wanting 3 Max players....

Let us get Kawhi or Kyrie and keep the young core i'm more than happy with that.

Lonzo
BI
Kawhi
Lebron
Center

or

Kyrie
Lonzo
BI
Lebron
Center

Plus Kuz+Hart+ #4 Pick+ Wagner and others would be not only great but set us up for the future

Nah, forget the young core. This is a star driven league. Davis > #4 pick, Kuzma, Ingram and Ball combined

It’s too bad none of those lottery picks ended up being a superstar type player. We had 4 tries, all of them are solid players. No superstars.

AD and Kawhi are young superstars who we have to go after. Young core be damned

Until you realize our depth would be even worse than last season

The ideal scenario is either to sign Kawhi or Kyrie and roll with that going forward OR for AD to come as a free agent next summer and be able to retain most of the young guys as depth, THAT'S how you sustain championship contention especially when Bron maybe has 2 good years left.

AD CANNOT sign here next year unless we renounce Ingram & Trade this pick, along with not signing anyone this year with over a year on their contract. So if we want AD two integral pieces of the Core have to be gone anyway.

AD CANNOT sign here next year unless we renounce Ingram & Trade this pick, along with not signing anyone this year with over a year on their contract. So if we want AD two integral pieces of the Core have to be gone anyway.

Well that means we keep Zo and Kuz. 2 > 0. Or trade Zo and keep BI and Kuz, either option is better than getting rid of all of them to be just left with AD and nothing after Bron retires.

Back
Top Bottom