**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Boogie can provide the same type of impact the great Arvydas Sabonis had for the Blazers from '98-'00 with his passing, basketball IQ, rebounding, and the occasional 3 point shot, we gonna be a treat to watch.

I agree with Big Game....Cousins the X factor for that chip.

Mine was more of he was at 18 last year. 20 wasn’t a big stretch I thought. Especially if he’s coming off the bench at Times

I don't give much Credence to these talking heads, but Max is just being ridiculous here. For as bad as things were towards the end of Kobe's (career and they were bad) people forget how good he was at the beginning of the decade prior to his Achilles injury. The decade began with Kobe making first team all-nba, winning a title and winning Finals MVP.

comezpk2lre31.jpg

Defensively was a shell of himself
A guy like Kobe could get you 25+ with his bag of moves but defensively was butt crack

You can say that about A LOT of players in their primes today. Let alone someone in season 13 and beyond.

Btw, Kobe made all nba defense first team in his 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th seasons. And second team defense in his 16th season. Butt crack tho

You can say that about A LOT of players in their primes today. Let alone someone in season 13 and beyond.

Btw, Kobe made all nba defense first team in his 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th seasons. And second team defense in his 16th season. Butt crack tho
Yeah he got those off his name if were being real

From the goat coach himself
Phil Jackson’s words:

“Kobe’s defense, to be accurate, has faltered in recent years, despite his presence on the league’s all-defensive team. The voters have been seduced by his remarkable athleticism and spectacular steals, but he hasn’t played sound, fundamental defense.

"Mesmerized by the ball, he’s gambled too frequently, putting us out of position, forcing rotations that leave a man wide open, and doesn’t keep his feet on the ground.”

Jackson said this in his book “The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul.”

pixel.gif
When it comes to the All-NBA Team, it isn’t that bad, but it’s still bad. No doubt Bryant has been one of the greatest guards of his generation. But was he always the best shooting guard? Was he always one of the best two guards in the NBA? The answer is no.

It’s the main reason why he doesn’t have more All-NBA First Team selections. But in my opinion, he should have fewer. Including this season, Bryant has been awarded four All-NBA First Team selections when he clearly wasn’t the best shooting guard or one of the 2 best guards in the league.

From the goat coach himself
Phil Jackson’s words:

“Kobe’s defense, to be accurate, has faltered in recent years, despite his presence on the league’s all-defensive team. The voters have been seduced by his remarkable athleticism and spectacular steals, but he hasn’t played sound, fundamental defense.

"Mesmerized by the ball, he’s gambled too frequently, putting us out of position, forcing rotations that leave a man wide open, and doesn’t keep his feet on the ground.”

Jackson said this in his book “The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul.”

pixel.gif
When it comes to the All-NBA Team, it isn’t that bad, but it’s still bad. No doubt Bryant has been one of the greatest guards of his generation. But was he always the best shooting guard? Was he always one of the best two guards in the NBA? The answer is no.

It’s the main reason why he doesn’t have more All-NBA First Team selections. But in my opinion, he should have fewer. Including this season, Bryant has been awarded four All-NBA First Team selections when he clearly wasn’t the best shooting guard or one of the 2 best guards in the league.

The kobe hater thread is a few pages back chief.

Appreciate you stopping by though.

Back
Top Bottom