**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ingram was 100% an eye test guy. It seemed clear to me that one of his OGs like Stackhouse drilled it in his head how important the midrange game was. He worked on it every game, took a lot of bad shots but that's how you learn. With his length and touch it was eventually going to start falling for him and we're seeing the fruits of his labor. His tunnel vision is almost completely gone now. It was never about talent with him, just experience and decision making.

Ingram was 100% an eye test guy. It seemed clear to me that one of his OGs like Stackhouse drilled it in his head how important the midrange game was. He worked on it every game, took a lot of bad shots but that's how you learn. With his length and touch it was eventually going to start falling for him and we're seeing the fruits of his labor. His tunnel vision is almost completely gone now. It was never about talent with him, just experience and decision making.

The tools were there and he always had the right attitude. Injuries hurt him especially last year. I know there was no way we could have kept him. And honestly it says something that Griffen didn't demand Kuz.

I know Kuz is good but I think BI is going to be better.

Ingram is a ISO chucker. So glad he’s gone. He’ll go back to his normal form really soon and all this talk about his great start will be forgotten.

The tools were there and he always had the right attitude. Injuries hurt him especially last year. I know there was no way we could have kept him. And honestly it says something that Griffen didn't demand Kuz.

I know Kuz is good but I think BI is going to be better.

BI is definitely all-around better but Kuz is much better fit with AD and Bron. Kuz can catch and shoot, cut to the rim all day. Doesn't need the ball a lot.

BI is definitely all-around better but Kuz is much better fit with AD and Bron. Kuz can catch and shoot, cut to the rim all day. Doesn't need the ball a lot.

The shooting part is up for debate. He gotta return to his rookie year percentages.

84A1A8F0-BC9C-4FCC-B1E1-15993C27CFE3.jpeg

2D33E95A-A108-4BAD-8452-903F8CE1C8AA.jpeg

Honestly wonder if we had a competent coach the last few years if we could have had AD for Ingram and #4.

Luke tanked everybody’s value and couldn’t develop anybody for ****. Ingram, Zo, Hart, TB, Wagner, Bonga, Dlo, Randle, Zubac etc all got better when they left here. Obviously injuries aren’t his fault but he didn’t do us any favors with his trash offense and his inability to hire quality assistant coaches.

Looking at Ingram now, his skill set is virtually the same except he now has a refined 3pt shot. Literally all the players mentioned shot better from 3 after they left here which leads me to believe there was a systemic issue with regards to player development/player roles.

Ingram could have been this player with us under a competent coach. And an Ingram + #4 package would be just as valuable, if not maybe more valuable, than Tatum+Fillers, Jaylen Brown + picks, Jamal Murray + Fillers etc. So frustrating but what can you do now.. just some food for thought while I wait for tip off tonight

Back
Top Bottom