**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

One thing that I think is clear is that this team has a switch they can flip defensively. I said it's rare to maintain a double digit lead for a full game so there's almost no point in going hard in the first half. It doesn't matter who you play against, they're going to go on a run and trim a first half lead. And even with that, they've gradually been starting games better. This team just goes thru the motions and then turns it up in the 2nd half. The way they just decided the bulls and heat just weren't going to score anymore was ridiculous.

Lolebron. It's really wild how much more invested he is in this season in words and deeds so far.

I thought that Shannon Sharpe was crazy when he said that we could start the season 17-3 but now that we're 7-1 and looking at how we're playing and comparing that to our next 12 games, I think it's realistic. I wouldn't be surprised if we only drop one or two of our first 12

Obviously the schedule gets much tougher after this stretch but a hot start gives us some buffer four losses and rest for LeBron and AD.

One thing to really think about for after January is that a lot of the league is going to be tanking once they realize that they're out of playoff contention. A lot of those tough road games could turn into easy wins once teens realize that they're not making the playoffs.

Rewatching the game and man.. Kuzma's defense is on another level this year. He's legit guarding 1-4 out there and forcing a lot of bricks. He's a big reason they contested 88% of shots last nite. Once he gets his offense together he's gonna have moments like he did in Chicago on a regular basis. He's a cooker

Rewatching the game and man.. Kuzma's defense is on another level this year. He's legit guarding 1-4 out there and forcing a lot of bricks. He's a big reason they contested 88% of shots last nite. Once he gets his offense together he's gonna have moments like he did in Chicago on a regular basis. He's a cooker
He needs to get a haircut though.

yep, and he's not even in peak shape. just goes to show you how infectious the teams defense is.

curious to see where they fall if they keep this up (08 celtics, 04 spurs, 04 pistons) or even vogel's 14' pacers.

We’re looking good, however, we all know the weak/favor Schedule we have early. 17-3 first 20 games should be a given. Real test of the time will be second half of the season.

T
We’re looking good, however, we all know the weak/favor Schedule we have early. 17-3 first 20 games should be a given. Real test of the time will be second half of the season.
True but good thing is we are beating teams at our will and pace. That’s a great sign. Plus we aren’t playing that great (without a real kuzma, without rondo, without hitting 3s)

Schedule starts getting hard next month with road trips:

12-3 @ Denver
12-4 @ Utah
12-6 @ Portland

3 games in 4 nights

Then another 5 game road trip:

12-11 @ Orlando
12-13 @ Miami
12-15 @ Atlanta
12-17 @ Indiana
12-19 @ Milwauakee

20191108_194105.jpg

Game was litty. Don't like the intro music though.

Attachments

• 20191108_212219.jpg
    20191108_212219.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 20191108_210901.jpg
    20191108_210901.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 117
Can’t wait to see list of buy our players in a few months.
We have that spot available and can obviously cut Cousins if he ain’t coming back (give him a wink wink deal for next season). Can also cut one of Dudley or Daniels. If we can get Iggy and stretch 4/5. Man.

Can’t wait to see list of buy our players in a few months.
We have that spot available and can obviously cut Cousins if he ain’t coming back (give him a wink wink deal for next season). Can also cut one of Dudley or Daniels. If we can get Iggy and stretch 4/5. Man.

Duds and Troy aren't going anywhere this season. Both are on 1 year deals.

THT I could see getting cut. 2nd round picks have non guaranteed contracts.

Last edited:
2 of Magic's garbage signings last season (Michael Beasley & Lance Stephenson) both playing in China now :lol:

Tyson Chandler pick up was terrible also.

2 of Magic's garbage signings last season (Michael Beasley & Lance Stephenson) both playing in China now :lol:

Tyson Chandler pick up was terrible also.

Just makes me wonder how badly Magic wrecked this franchise.

I mean Rob has a roster that looks amazing.

Magic had a hand in costing us Kawhi.

Back
Top Bottom