**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Don’t get me wrong, Kuz is playing like trash. But how did he thrive last two seasons? Off of ball cuts and movement in the offense. The majority of LBJ’s assists were to Kuz last year off cuts. But last year there were plays ran for him, and a lot more movement on offense. This year you see him in possessions just standing there while rondo or LeBron dribble the ball down to 10 seconds. You even see him try to cut in the middle just to show and create some action. This is in the coaching staff to get him some good looks, get him going.

Side note: I hate LeBron a “stare to the right with hard dribble step back 3”. He’s lucky he’s so much more athletic than people. Because those fakes ain’t fooling anybody.

Go Lakers

The point isn't even mine, I saw someone mention it on Twitter, but the point is valid. Everyone saw the talent LO had, he COULD get you triple doubles, score, pass, board, defend, shoot, etc, and at the end of most nights he was droppin a cool 9-7-3 statline and everyone would get pissed. (after a win no less)

Bron/AD are puttin up roughly 50-55 points a night, with 17-18 rebounds, and 17-18 assists. (lot of those are back and forth to each other)

Not easy for someone off the bench to come in and give the numbers you expect. And people are pissed........after wins no less.

Now, if Bron or Brow went down for a few games, and he didn't step up and give us some 20+ point nights with a few boards and some decent shooting, etc, then yeah, I could see why someone would be frustrated, but for now, there's no reason for him to push anything different than what they're already doing. Not to mention, maybe he does have that in him, and uses it later, when we REALLY need it.

The skill is there (like LO) we've all seen it, in flashes (like LO) it's just not gonna be a nightly thing. (Like LO) Long as he ends up a Champ (like LO) he's good money in my book.

He's LO without the crack problem. Even has a Kardashian connection.

I hear you but nahhh man

LO was INTEGRAL to what we did those years, kuz is interchangeable still.....

i could argue rondo or caruso is our 3rd best player

hasn't reached that level yet

Last edited:
1576008672737.png

I hear you but nahhh man LO was INTEGRAL to what we did those years, kuz is interchangeable still.....

i could argue rondo or caruso is our 3rd best player

hasn't reached that level yet

Totally fair, I'm not poundin the desk for Kuz to be #3 or whatever, I "think" of him that way, but I also remember with LO sometimes he was #2, or #3, and sometimes he was #5 behind Kob, Pau, Bynum, Ariza, etc. That was LO, he was the utility knife that he could bounce back and forth. I know that's not entirely Kuz's game, he's more of our extra scorer to this point. Doesn't have the LO all around game, I certainly understand that, wasn't a comparison of their game, but moreso their role among Laker fans.

Someone nailed it. Kuz has become an iso face up player or spot up shooter this year in this offense

we need him diving off ball and getting all those paint buckets, as well as transition opportunities.....to mix it up. Can’t just be a 3 point shooter

Someone nailed it. Kuz has become an iso face up player or spot up shooter this year in this offense

we need him diving off ball and getting all those paint buckets, as well as transition opportunities.....to mix it up. Can’t just be a 3 point shooter
he is cutting but its hard to make that pass when lbj and rondo are walking down looking for AD as the 1st option
lonzo was consistently finding him on those cuts and dives every game last year
i really hoped he had worked on his handle talking about " gonna surprise a lot of ppl this year" smh

Im with you.

i want kuz to be successful, im rooting FOR him

i want ALL OUR GUYS to win, even dudley lol
this. if you wear a laker jersey. im with you unless you're not putting out any effort.

earlier this season, everyone was crapping on KCP, but look at how the tide has turned.

its a long season. kuzma will eventually hit his stride. we all know what he can do, we all know the circumstances he's in. ill reserve any judgment until playoff time.

Im with you.

i want kuz to be successful, im rooting FOR him

i want ALL OUR GUYS to win, even dudley lol

Dudley is getting exactly what he wanted. Part of his sell to the team was..."I don't have to play much. I specialize in shooting 3s and if someone gets injured, I'll be ready. I want to live and play in LA," Less than 10 minutes ago, here on ESPN Radio am710 in LA, they just brought Dudley up, saying, "people think Dudley would complain about minutes, but no, this is what he wanted, play every 5-7 games, be a mentor." Dude is definitely winning! Must be awesome.

Bradley was really starting to settle in and really really ball before he got hurt too
Happy he's back
But yeah the minutes will be interesting esp. since Caruso has been a ballhawk lol
I'm guessing AB eats Troy's and Cook's minutes

I don't envy Vogel having to divy up 96 minutes between Bradley, Rondo, Caruso, KCP and Green.

I suppose KCP/Green can get the backup Bron minutes.

I don't envy Vogel having to divy up 96 minutes between Bradley, Rondo, Caruso, KCP and Green.

I suppose KCP/Green can get the backup Bron minutes.
Meh, it's not a big deal tbh. No one is complaining when they're winning.

It only becomes a problem when the team isn't exceeding expectations.

I don't see how the coach change or "freedom" prevents him from finishing off drives to the basket he clearly would've dunked last season instead of bricked, soft layups he's been doing this season.

It's clear he doesn't have the green light like he used to, which is good since they're going to AD, but it's obvious he needs time to adjust.

He's at his best when he plays within the offense and rn dude's trying to learn how to win. We shall see if he get's there.

Last edited:
T minus 4 hours before the blood bath. Team traveling cross country. Early game. Tired. Will overlook Orlando. Big loss coming. fultz revenge tour continues.

Back
Top Bottom