**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Kobe and Gigi tragically passing and now the season canceled when we were about to get #17. Worst year ever man.

The season isn't canceled.

I truly believe that the leauge will probably take 2 weeks maybe 3 and then resume.

My question is will they try to play the remaining games or will they just maybe take the month off and just start the playoffs on time...

If they did that...we would have a nice advantage in my mind. Avoid Dallas in the first round and watch Houston or Dallas take on the Clippers.

It's more than likely going to be canceled.

Nah...there is no reason to say that.

Thier entire intention was to play without fans.

I believe they will take at least a 2 to 3 week break but to cancel the remainder of the season...I don't see that.

We beat the number 1 seed in the East and the 2nd seed in the west we should be the unanimous champs :lol: crazy to think it just took a nba player to get it and they said nope we ain’t playing no more.

Reactions: DLF
I initially thought Tupac’s idea of a shortened season was not realistic but the more I think about it...that’s the only way it works. It’s nearly impossible to redo the schedule to play all the games with all the hotels booked, venues booked etc. hey at least lakers don’t have to play rockets nuggets jazz x 2 and raptors

They will take 2-3 weeks off to watch for symptoms. if none, they’ll resume it and hold out ANY player with symptoms

We beat the number 1 seed in the East and the 2nd seed in the west we should be the unanimous champs :lol: crazy to think it just took a nba player to get it and they said nope we ain’t playing no more.

Yeah but Rudy our there spitting and touching everyone he got a chance to lol

I hope they reinstate it and cut some of the games so it’s like a 65-70 game season
Then do no-fans playoffs

**** the media and people that will put an asterisk on it

unless it’s the clippers. Then it’s a super asterisks.

Spurs fans hate hearing a asterisk next to thr 98-99 season because it was strike shortened season :lol:

I don’t care about skip

just saying.....the 99 spurs get the asterisk because of the shortened season

if we win after a 60-ish game season.....it’ll be the same deal I would think

There's only 19 games left in the regular season. Might as we reschedule the rest of the season and push the NBA Finals to start in July instead.

F it and just boycott the DAMN Summer Olympics this year especially since it's in Japan this year.

Skip Bayless as obsessed with hating Bron as he is, isn’t insensitive enough to try to go that route in the event the Lakers win .

On the plus side, Bron and AD gets some rest

Why are you guys even listening to Skip Bayless? He's a professional troll and you're feeding right into his BS

It makes too much sense to just cancel the remainder of the regular season or maybe only play the last week.

We have a month until the playoffs are scheduled to start. If they take 3 weeks off, play the last week (maybe) and start on time. If you push the start of the Playoffs, you now might have to possibly delay the start of the next season. Also will the venues be able to support a delay? Other events have probably been booked on certain days. Not saying that stuff can't be worked out but we know how these things are.

There will be NBA playoff basketball for sure. But I highly doubt they play anymore regular season games. Just my thoughts.

I think they should break for a few weeks then just end the season a few games early. That way the playoffs still start April 18 and we still get the finals in June

Back
Top Bottom