**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There are a number of complications in the scenario.

1. The Bulls would likely call Zach LaVine's bluff. Even if Zach tried to force his way to the Lakers, we don't have cap space to sign him to anything other than the taxpayer MLE ($6m) next summer

If you look at Zach's career earnings, he hasn't made anywhere near as much money as other stars. He'll likely want the max from Chicago before making peanuts for the Lakers.

If he's traded to us we get his bird rights and can go over the cap to re-sign him.

There are a number of complications in the scenario.

1. The Bulls would likely call Zach LaVine's bluff. Even if Zach tried to force his way to the Lakers, we don't have cap space to sign him to anything other than the taxpayer MLE ($6m) next summer

If you look at Zach's career earnings, he hasn't made anywhere near as much money as other stars. He'll likely want the max from Chicago before making peanuts for the Lakers.

The scenario i'm suggesting wouldn't even be him demanding his way to the Lakers specifically.

If Zach just wakes up tomorrow & tweets i'm done with Chicago, what type of offers do you think they'll get for Zach Lavine

Keep in mind he'll be a UFA next summer, he only makes 20 Million, & he's made one ASG and has consistently been on losing teams.

Do you think a team is giving up significant pieces for what's possibly a one year rental?

The scenario i'm suggesting wouldn't even be him demanding his way to the Lakers specifically.

If Zach just wakes up tomorrow & tweets i'm done with Chicago, what type of offers do you think they'll get for Zach Lavine

Keep in mind he'll be a UFA next summer, he only makes 20 Million, & he's made one ASG and has consistently been on losing teams.

Do you think a team is giving up significant pieces for what's possibly a one year rental?

Sixers would trade Simmons in a heartbeat if that's the case and Zach would be perfect in Philly. He'd absolutely have to force his way here. Even then it'd be tough cause unlike before we don't outright have room to sign him next summer like what would have been the case with AD.

Simmons in Chicago could make sense because Vuvecic is a shooting center and they are so bare bones everywhere else. :lol:

Sixers would trade Simmons in a heartbeat if that's the case and Zach would be perfect in Philly. He'd absolutely have to force his way here. Even then it'd be tough cause unlike before we don't outright have room to sign him next summer like what would have been the case with AD.

Simmons would be a good trade for them, but this is kind of the point that i'm getting at. Simmons value is at an all time low, there were discussions in the NBA thread about Wiggins & a pick being an overpay.

My point is that under the circumstances teams aren't going to be depleting every asset for Zach Lavine, this isn't Harden or AD we're talking about here, hell not even PG.

If Lavine decides he wants out i don't think there's going to be giant offers out there for him.

Bulls just gave up a ton to bring him another all star, lavine isn't leaving unless they're underachieving and he forces a move at the deadline.

I expect them to be pretty good next yr especially if they can pull one of the available pgs.

We have a better chance of poaching one of their vets like Thad young or theis than getting lavine. I actually wouldn't mind theis, maybe doesn't fit with what we like to defensively but he's a good screener and can space the floor.

They would still get strong offers for Zach. 26-year-old All-Star who has an elite shooter and is willing to resign with your team? Teams would be lining up with great offers if Zach Lavine became available.

The only way the Lakers could have a competitive offer is if he specifically says I will only resign with the Lakers. Otherwise there are a dozen teams that could outbid us.

Not to mention, like I said earlier Zach wants his money. It's not like he's Harden or AD and he's made hundreds of millions. Zach still hasn't had a huge payday. The Bulls know that the only way we could get Zach LaVine is via trade and we don't have the cap space to sign him out right even if he became a free agent next year.

TL; DR: Zach LaVine isn't coming here lol

"Please take THT, Kuzma, #22, 2027 first rounder"

I love Lakers fans but stuff like this is what makes other fan bases hate us. For some reason Laker fans expect other teams to accept trash trade packages that if offered by any other team would be laughed at.

Will you trade a 26-year-old All-Star for THT (an unproven bench player with potential), Kuzma (a player that we don't even want), a late first round pick this year and it first round pick 6 years from now?"

It would be like the Clippers offering Luke Kennard, Terrance Mann and 2 FRP for Lavine.

You would get laughed off of the phone with that offer.

Last edited:

Man this dood talking like he DIDN’T average 30 minutes a game!

unbelievable.

all he wanna do is be a scorer but he can’t hit open shots….
tenor.gif

Man this dood talking like he DIDN’T average 30 minutes a game!

unbelievable.

I get what Kuzma is saying because his role changed throughout the season as the team experienced injuries but he had more than enough opportunities.

Kuzma is destined to be a high volume, low efficiency player whose destined to average 20 ppg on a terrible team like Cleveland for the remainder of his career. He's the type of player who needs touches and shots but isn't good enough to get touches and shots on good teams.

There were so many times when We needed someone to step up because our offense was struggling but Kuzma didn't step up and now he's complaining about not getting the opportunities?

I member y'all Kuz truthers were riding with him, I'll give him credit though, he knew how trash he really was and signed that extension last summer as quickly as possible. Doubt he would have even gotten 10 mil a year on the open market after this season's performance.

kuz been consistent while playing with both AD and lbj
numbers basically the same this past year as the chip year

in MY opinion he did what he was asked to do
role player ish

Back
Top Bottom