**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

gc2pmw8x73d71.jpg

Do you do a trade for Wiggins if he gets dealt to Wizards?

Kuzma kcp Gasol for Wiggins?

Gasol gone anyways
Kcp would suck to lose

Why would wiz do this? To get out of Wiggins deal. Kuzma is easily tradable for 2 2nd rounders. Kcp last year is not guarenteed and easily can net you 2 second rounders and Gasol is expiring and likely retires when traded.
Ultimately it they would get out of Wiggins massive deal for 4 second rounders and expiring and retiring Gasol

Shhh you’re not allow to post that.

although to be fair this guy doesn’t realize lakers don’t get hard capped with this trade so they could easily go over the cap with no issues to bring back tht and Caruso assuming they aren’t traded

I’d be totally happy with getting Westbrook if we can do it without giving up tht or Shroeder.

kcp
Kuzma
Harrell
Mckinnie

take it or leave it.

wiz can flip 3 of those 4 EASILY for late 1st rounders. EASILY. Wiz offload Russ contract while also getting picks

this allows us to still use Shroeder in sign and trade for depth.

I’d be totally happy with getting Westbrook if we can do it without giving up tht or Shroeder.

kcp
Kuzma
Harrell
Mckinnie

take it or leave it.

wiz can flip 3 of those 4 EASILY for late 1st rounders. EASILY. Wiz offload Russ contract while also getting picks

this allows us to still use Shroeder in sign and trade for depth.
Not gonna happen. Why would WAS give up their point guard and not receive a point guard in return when they got nobody else playing point guard?

Not gonna happen. Why would WAS give up their point guard and not receive a point guard in return when they got nobody else playing point guard?
Bc they don’t want to pay Shroeder 25 mill

The idea is that if Beal is traded for picks then Wiz will tank like crazy. At that point the last thing they want is a 25 mill a year pg for 4 years.

instead they’d prefer to pick a pg with their picks. Then flip Kuzma kcp and Harrell for picks.

or maybe you can replace kcp with tht. That would be better for us anyways bc I’m high on kcp and has great contract.

kuzma
Tht
Harrell
Mckinnie

flip Kuzma and Harrell. For future picks. Keep tht and develop. Draft future with 7 and 14th picka from GSW. Also flip Wiggins for more picks.
Wiz would basically jumpstart their “tanking” by like 3 years
If wiz get wiseman too

that’s a core of

tht, rui, deni, Bryant, 7th pick, 14th pick, wiseman, 2022 first rounders u got for Harrell and Kuzma.
That’s awesome for team who was paying Russ 44 a year lol

Bc of Russ contract, wiz would be lucky to not have to give a pick to a team to take him lol

Last edited:
DLF DLF

That's "if" they trade Beal. I know Wiz are going to eventually build around Hachimura ( and Bonga lol) so I can see the tanking happening sooner.

Your scenario is certainly plausible. Here's the thing though...we tryna cop Grant too. And we need Kuzma to get Jerami here.

Instead:

KCP
THT
Clipper Harrell
Draft Pick

Wiz replace the 2 star guards they lost with KCP and THT, two guys who start alongside Hachimura and Bertans immediately. They get a 6th man deluxe in Trez off the bench to spell Hachi.

And like you said, they have a ton of picks to find their PG of the future.

At the end of the day, although they tanking the Wiz would still want to remain competitive on the court especially after making the playoffs this year.

For LAL, team would be...

Westbrook
Caruso
Grant
Bron
AD

Then sign Dwight, keep Wes, sign Melo to the TPMLE. Get another veteran playmaking combo guard or 3&D wing for the vet min. Gasol may also end up playing out the last year of his contract.

It's a 2-3 year window mentality so we not really focused on having a ton of young players who ain't ready to play championship level ball.

The beginning parts of the offseason always make me antsy. I just want our moves to be made so we can prepare for next season lol

If they're keeping Beal, they're keeping Westbrook.

I suppose a S&T Schroder, Kuz and Trezz (opt-in) is fine. Still a clunky fit with Bron and AD though.

Back
Top Bottom