**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If they're keeping Beal, they're keeping Westbrook.

I suppose a S&T Schroder, Kuz and Trezz (opt-in) is fine. Still a clunky fit with Bron and AD though.
This

The whole idea of them trading Westbrook lies in the notion that Beal is on the block or already traded by Thursday.
If they keep Beal, they keep Westbrook. And if they trade Westbrook with plans to keep Beal, they sure as hell ain’t taking our picks heavy (after flipping our players). They’d want playable players now lol. Maybe they do a Westbrook for McCollum type deal or something.

20210724_103251.jpg

Why would DET do it? Why not, Kuz is on Tatum's level remember?!
Screenshot_20210723-214041_Samsung Internet.jpg
Kuzma and Harrell and 2nd. They flip harrel for late 1st. Keep kuzma

win
Win
Win for all parties.

I don't like the idea of investing that much into a center, even though Turner is good. I rather have Holiday than Lamb too.
I guess idea is that Harrell and Gasol don’t play anyways in playoffs. So it’s really a Kuzma and first for turner and lamb

— The Los Angeles Lakers are pursuing a third stellar player who provides playmaking and shot creation around LeBron James and Anthony Davis, sources said.

The Lakers are expected to show interest in several free agents such as Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan and Spencer Dinwiddie, according to sources, but another scenario has gained some traction.

The Lakers and Sacramento Kings have discussed a deal centered on guard Buddy Hield, sources tell The Athletic. Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma would be involved in a potential package, per sources. The Lakers have received interest from several teams regarding Kuzma, sources said.

The Lakers used their treasure chest of assets — such as promising young players in Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball, and draft picks — in the Davis trade with New Orleans in 2019, which makes a superstar trade for a player like Beal or a superstar signing like Chris Paul impossible. The Lakers are expected to have the taxpayer mid-level exception at their disposal this offseason, which is not close to what Paul would command in free agency, nor would the Suns entertain a sign-and-trade with a fellow Western Conference rival. For the Lakers, the offseason is expected to be a quest for a third playmaker and shot-creator — not a faulty pursuit for a star player.

After capturing the 2020 NBA championship, the Lakers fell to the Phoenix Suns in the first round of the playoffs. James and Davis missed 27 and 36 games, respectively, during the 72-game season. A title run always takes a combination of work ethic, talent, culture and, yes, luck. Lakers head coach Frank Vogel and GM Rob Pelinka maintained a positive mindset throughout the season, falling back on their championship experience from 2020, but injuries to key players are difficult to overcome.

20 bucks says Heild would come here and lose at least 5% from 3.

Lmao Woj said the Lakers have been offering Kuz and/or KCP to everyone. :lol:

He thinks Schroder will ultimately re-sign with the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom