**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

But how do you do that if they play the line up in question?
Not worried about defense at all with lineup in question because a healthy AD at the 5 and a healthy Bron at power forward means our interior D and rebounding should be above average.

Westbrook and Melo will be decent from a team Defense standpoint if they are surrounded by Bron and AD. Imo.

Green Bradley McGee were not vet min guys.
That's the challenge for Pelinka, to find vet minimum guys who are hungry, have a chip on they shoulder, and are ready to win a ring.

This is when agent's sales skills come in to play when convincing a guy like Igoudala or Ariza or Dwight to come here for 1.7m and stamp your name in Laker history

Westbrook isn't a turnstile, but he isn't good either. Weird space he's in for such an athletic aggressive player all these years. Like my basketball mind says no, but my heart says yes to a Westbrook trade.

It would easily eclipse the excitement from previous years which seem to elevate every year since Bron has come to the Lakers :nthat: (Summer 18 - Bron's arrival, Summer 19 - AD trade, Summer 20 - Bubble/Championship Summer 21 - ?)

Honestly wouldn't be worried about defense with Bron/AD at the 4/5 to end games. With Ad at the rim and Bron roaming/center field I'm honestly not worried. They need someone to actually produce in the reg season and in a pinch in the playoffs. That's for whoever they bring in.

There is no need for Bullock to come to the Lakers. Plus he is only worth vet min if you ask me. He is totally one-dimensional and he ain't worth what other teams will pay him. Most importantly he has never proven to be a championship level type piece who would make an impact in the playoffs

Guess the Lakers won't have enough to nab Bullock with the taxpayer MLE.

A lot of people will be surprised this free agency. For some reason laker fans devalue all these players lol acting like they would be happy taking millions of dollars off to play for the beloved purple and gold

they said salary filer when it was really TJ Warren. :lol: Pelinka trying to rob some teams
The Twitter age has ruined everything

of course the pacers are gonna decline a Kuzma/22 deal for a lottery pick trade.This years lottery is hard to get into. Kuzma has 2 years left and he could leave Indiana. Their 13 pick can be theres for half the price and will be there 5 years min. It’s just easier and funnier to say “nobody wants Kuzma”. Sadly I think some GMs prob think like Twitter people

Even Knicks offered 19 and 21 picks for the 14thand GSW said no.

I think lakers were trying to get Duarte at 13. This is a good sign for us “run it backers” bc that means they may have moved on from Hield, where the kings want half our team. Lol.

Pelinka doesn’t need to reinvent the entire team. Small tweaks. We will be ok

Where are yall hearing that Bron/AD are gonna be in the frontcourt?
Marc Stein:
Yet it's worth noting that inevitable rumbles of Lakers interest would not merely emanate from Simmons’ status as a Paul client like LeBron James and Anthony Davis. Word is that the Lakers, on top of their well-chronicled need for more shooting, covet one more difference-making playmaker who would allow James and Davis to spend more time at power forward and center.

I say Russ did it to a degree with PG as well when he was there. To say he's incapable of doing so is somewhat inaccurate.

there's a guge difference between playing second fiddle to PG & playing tjird fiddle on a team with Bron & AD... Russ left Hou because he didn't feel involved as much.

Harden was still trying to run the offense when there three was healthy, & at the very least he can shoot.

there's a guge difference between playing second fiddle to PG & playing tjird fiddle on a team with Bron & AD... Russ left Hou because he didn't feel involved as much.

Harden was still trying to run the offense when there three was healthy, & at the very least he can shoot.

Russ left Houston cause Harden said he was out before hand.

Let me get this straight we have bron in year 18-19, Westbrook who has a history of leg injuries & AD who clearly isn't the most healthy & ya'll wanna dissolve any bit of depth the team has to have them log heavy minutes??

After the year that we just had? it's insane.

This talk of harden and Russ and fitting in is moot

we don’t have an ability to test a players mindset. Think Dwight Howard:he was the same player in Washington, Atlanta, Brooklyn etc. until he said “I will sacrifice it all to just win and do whatever coach asks I’ll do it” can harden be a title player. Can Westbrook? Of course! But it all depends on mindset and that’s impossible to tell. Now, can we trust Lebron and AD and the dinners they had? Maybe they discussed this? Maybe Russ came to them and said he was sick of losing.

Side note:

One of the best lakers lineups in Lebron era has been:

Caruso
Kcp
Green
Lebron
AD

two shooters (or at least the threat of shooters) and a big defensive pg that can switch 1-3. Hell, all three backcourt players could switch and hold their own.

ideally we do our best to bring in a 3 that can shoot and at least have size. Unfortunately it’s not the summer of wings. I think Rob pictured Kuzma being in that Green role last year but he underestimated how good of a defender Green was.

For all the mentioned reasons I think Hield is not a great fit if you have to give up Kuzma and kcp. We lose 2 of our good defenders. (Kcp being better than Kuzma) and get a shooter sure, but someone you have to hide on D and as long as Vogel is our coach, if Hield misses enough defensive assignments, he will sit him.

Where I'm at with it. Get buddy, hopefully draft a wing or back up big.

Only real question is what happens with Dennis.
If you’re only getting buddy then the assumption is that you’ve resigned Shroeder.

He's unrestricted so we really can't assume anything.
True. I guess I make assumption that they have such relationship with him and there is understanding that if not traded by Monday, the ship has sailed on Russ.
Any Russ deal will happen on Thursday or weekend bc Beal to warriors will only happen Thursday. If not, chance of it happening post draft is super super low

To the Kuzma haters and that Indiana trade:

bob myers on radio just said “it’s really really hard to move up this draft”

Memphis just traded for Bledsoe and adams to move up lol

Back
Top Bottom