**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

But even with the russ deal, Was has to want Dennis and agree on a contract. A lot of moving pieces there, I'm not banking on that.

Trez has until Saturday to opt in so we might not get any trades until this weekend, unless it's kuz/kcp straight up.

A hypothetical Schroder-Hield backcourt worries me size wise. Although Schroder is scrappy and doesn't back down.

Maybe you bring one of them off the bench.

But even with the russ deal, Was has to want Dennis and agree on a contract. A lot of moving pieces there, I'm not banking on that.

Trez has until Saturday to opt in so we might not get any trades until this weekend, unless it's kuz/kcp straight up.

True. I didn’t clarify

Hield:
Likely requires 2 of Kuzma, Trez, kcp

Russ (assume the wizards have traded Beal too and wanna tank and get off of Russ’s contract ASAP):
Likely gets done with: Kuzma, kcp, Trez, McKinnie, Gasol (3 expiring, 1 non fully guarenteed in last year, and kuz who is tradable for 2nd rounders or late first)

russ: (assuming he wants out and they bringing in depth for Beal):
Likely sign and trade Shroeder at 25 a year, plus trez and one of Kuzma kcp.

Conclusion: bc of the overlap in players needed for trades...trades for both are tough. Tht would have to be involved at that point and not sure lakers wanna give him up. Even then I believe it can’t get done unless Was wants Shroeder.

if you want both, it would have to be:

Hield: Kuzma trez
Westbrook: sign and trade Shroeder (highly highly highly unlikely bc if WAS wants to tank and rebuild why pay Shroeder??), kcp McKinnie, Gasol. Assuming they don’t want Shroeder. Most we can give tht is 11 mill so that wouldn’t work in sign and trade bc salaries wouldn’t match. Basically hard to get both. (Might even be impossible. Where is Essential to check the math?)

that’s why if we get Hield, your only other option realistically is just to resign DS. If we get Westbrook, Hield is out.
Maybe that is why lakers offered Kuzma for that 13th pick. Take Duarte (who may be bette then Hield for all we know and cheaper) and trade for Westbrook with the “cap fillers” coming back from Indiana.
??? Who knows.

Imagine being so dense that you believe fake Twitter posts. There was a similar fake post earlier yesterday. So many idiots in the comments section fell for it. Also how can he sign an extension when the deadline for extensions has passed?

These are the 12 year old Twitter people I was talking about and the fools that believe them

Can’t tell what’s worse

12 year olds that comment on those Twitter posts? Or adults that believe them and drag them into a sports forum and laugh.

hard to tell.

You're corny but I'll let you cook.
5737E88D-426E-4D21-A8B4-0010C5E94C94.jpeg

just get rid of kuzma sign dwight and run it back. im tired of all these rumors of players that dont fit what we need.

why trade for westbrook when we can just re sign tht?

**** dont make any sense

Cuz he’s a big name. It’s good for the brand

It’s the Takover. Jeanie Buss be runnin this biz thang. Kurt and Linda runnin this ops thang. Zipped up in plastic when it happens that’s it

damn its heating up in here
This isn’t quite the Kawhi debacle. That was on another level. That was doom and gloom. It was Kawhi or we were gonna be awful.

I am much more rested and at ease now. Ill be happy either way. Hield. Westbrook. Derozen. Lowry. Run it back. I trust Rob and if it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. This isn’t an exact science. Lots of luck involved too.

I guess ir DS leaves without a sign and trade that would suck. But that wouldn’t be the end of the world bc we know what kcp kuz Caruso Lebron ad can do even engaged and healthy. Then find replacement for Kuzma and pray.

Back
Top Bottom