**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I remember that 50 piece as well… I think he hit a 3 towards the end of the game and the Forum fans cheered like we won a playoff game lol…
anyway hope Ced gets better.

Wizards got lowkey deep because of the trade. :lol:

I can see Kuz pushing for starting SF, maybe average 14-15 PPG.

Ahhh damn. He even apologized to anyone he’s crossed, meaning he’s scared. That’s a bummer. Sad. Pulling for him. Still remember his 50 piece at the forum against Minnesota

I hope he recovers. Saw that yesterday and sucked to see.

Was my favorite player as a kid (hence my NT username). I really started going to Laker games and joined the future Laker club if any older heads remember that during the 1993-94 season. So 1994-95 when they got Ceballos and Eddie Jones rookie year was my first time seeing the Lakers have success that I remembered. I was too young and wasn’t watching basketball yet during the later part of the Magic years.

But that 1994-95 team was one of my all time favorite Laker teams. I met him and Vlade that season. I got pics with them and all.

Ceballos works for the Mavs now. I’ve ran into him a few times out here in Dallas. Always a cool dude. Showed him some of the pics I had from when I met him as a kid. I really hope he recovers and pulls though.

Sucks to hear, but true:

Wait why does it suck to hear?

I mean: we didn’t trade for Shaq. We traded Kwame and 400 lb marc Gasol for Pau. We traded the 17% from 3 point Kuzma who had MULTIPLE years and opportunities to break out but didn’t, Trez who didn’t wanna come here and kcp (the only real player in that deal) for Westbrook. Sure, we traded the farm for AD but won a title.

Ball left Pelicans. Ingram was an all star replacement as well as D lo (not real all stars in my books) and Hart signed a big deal we weren’t gonna give him anyways.

we kept Caruso ans Kuzma and won a title Their value expired and we moved on to what is shaping up to be an epic team now.
Kuzma is out here talking lakers when he plays for the wizards.

I don’t understand.

I had no idea this was on the table.

webb.PNG

He averaged 18 his rookie year. To say “ain’t no way” is disingenuous.
Nah, I ain't being disingenuous. Quite the opposite in fact.

When I say he's a 15 ppg player, I'm SINCERELY saying he's a 15 ppg player. That's his career avg my guy.

Ntm.....Kuz averaged 18 in a lost season where he led the team in games started, BI and Lonzo and Hart were still on the team so we know they wasn't tryna play TEAM BALL, and more importantly Bron pretty much missed the majority of the 2nd half of the year due to that groin injury. In other words, tank season baby! Yup, that's why Kuz averaged 18 for sure and is why he hasn't come close since.

Ain't no way he averages 20 on a team tryna make the playoffs with Brad Beal, Rui Hachimura, and Spencer Dinwiddie lol. Who are we kidding?!

Let's stop hoping Kuz some kind of legit scorer who's All Star caliber cause he's not. He's a role player who is flat out inconsistent with his shot night in night out. If Kuz had a trajectory, he'd still be a Laker.
20210909_081502.jpg

Last edited:
I had no idea this was on the table.

webb.PNG

To dig in a little further, I wonder why our deal wouldn't have gone thru. Mitch + Thorpe is not a better package than Elden/Eddie/NVE. And back then, there wouldn't have been an anti Laker movement, especially not by the Bullets.

I'm also skeptical because I have literally never heard of this rumor, ever.

To dig in a little further, I wonder why our deal wouldn't have gone thru. Mitch + Thorpe is not a better package than Elden/Eddie/NVE. And back then, there wouldn't have been an anti Laker movement, especially not by the Bullets.

I'm also skeptical because I have literally never heard of this rumor, ever.
Maybe because Sac preferred the 23.2 ppg that Richmond brought to the table as an All Star that year to Jones' 16 ppg. Van Exel also had a bad year in 1998 when his scoring dropped to 13 ppg. One month after Webber was traded to SAC, the Lakers traded Van Exel to Den for Tyronn Lue and Tony Battie.

Lakers already had Robert Horry at that time therefore I can see why Jerry West may have decided not to pull the trigger for Webber, if indeed there was any validity to the rumor that we tried to trade for him.

As it turned out though, we needed Elden and Eddie to acquire All-Star sharpshooter Glen Rice one year later.

Looking back, I'm glad it turned out the way it did because Rice was the missing championship piece the Lakers needed not C-Webb.

Solid acquisition. DJ essentially fills the Javale McGee void.

15 min per at C for DH = 10 ppg on all lobs, 8 rpg, 2 blks per game

15 min per at C for DJ = 6 ppg on nothing but lobs, 8 rpg, 2 blks per game

18 min per game at C for AD = let's hope he don't get hurt banging with Jokic, and Embiid, and Ayton, and Giannis, and Durant, and Griffin.

Center production between DH and DJ = about 27-30 min per, 16 points on 70% FG's, 16 rpg, 4 blks and all kinds of altered/contested shots in the lane.

We are set with the Bigs. If he don't retire, Gasol will play based on matchups

Back
Top Bottom