**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers are better off not making the playoffs like GSW last year and look how the Warriors came back strong and hungry af this year.
Lol we don’t have a draft pick this year

They didn’t come back hungry. They came back with an improved high IQ roster full of wings and improved young player in Poole.

to keep it a bean...most of the seasons he's been here have been seasons from hell.

one bright spot was the unforeseen pandemic bubble chip. and that brightness was only like lamp light.

You mean signing a 34 year old superstar to run your organization for 5 years may not have been a good idea? At least they got a chip and they are set up for a bright future post-Lebron, right? Right?

Last edited:
You mean signing a 34 year old superstar to run your organization for 5 years may not have been a good idea? At least they got a chip and they are set up for a bright future post-Lebron, right? Right?

Post Kobe / tank era was 100000000x worse.
We got a title and folks still complaining. Freeze not even a lakers fan Lmfaoooo. You should jump to the warriors like he did if you share his mindset.

Anthony Davis probable today :smokin

Post Kobe / tank era was 100000000x worse.
We got a title and folks still complaining. Freeze not even a lakers fan Lmfaoooo. You should jump to the warriors like he did if you share his mindset.

Anthony Davis probable today :smokin

Getting a title doesn’t forgive all the bad moves. Getting a title shouldn’t silence all criticism. I’m thankful for the title but I think we would have had one or more if went in a different direction. Either way I’m a Lakers fan for life. Just not a fan of giving up future draft picks to make BAD trades that your superstar and his agent want you to make. The post Lebron era hasn’t happened yet so we don’t know if it will be better. We might even extend him another 2 years to coincide with AD’s contract, at which point Lebron will retire and AD will leave in free agency, and we’ll have nothing

Last edited:
we would not have a title if we went in a different direction based on our draft picks.

We’d be paying more money for a worse core. There is no world where paying Lonzo (20 million), Dlo (30 million), BI (30 million), Randle (20 million), Hart (12.5 million) , Nance (12.5 million) is a better situation than the route we took.

That’s 125 million for 6 players and we wouldn’t even be a playoff team.

Pg is injured more than AD. Kawhi is also injured more than LeBron/AD and if they were so great why didn’t they win a title with the Clippers?

People still don’t realize how tough it is to win a title. You only win a title if you have Steph, Lebron, Giannis on your team. Lakers would’ve never had that and it’s hilarious people are STILL hating on Lebron acquisition lmfao.

If you want to get mad about Russ, yeah. That’s a legit convo that can be discussed and Bron/AD dumb as hell for hitching their wagon to him, but like I said that’s a different discussion

All is forgiven when you win a title as it pertains to moves made up to that point. So if BI lonzo and hart grow up to be superstars, it was still worth it.

Now, post title moves. The organization has been utter garbage. Absolutely bad decision makers at every level. Can’t think of a good move they made outside the 2019-2020 title run. Remember we offered shroeder 20 mill a year. Even our moves they weren’t made but we thought about were bad lol

Center situation last year. McGee. Howard. Harrell gasol. Drummond. Jones. DJ. We chose the worst 3 to fit our team lol.

Letting free agents walk for nothing. Shroeder. Caruso. Randle. Lopez.

Silly trades. Zubac. Westbrick. Danny green and a first for shroeder (ties in with “letting free agents walk”)

Coach/FO debacle magic quitting abruptly. First Williams. Then Lue. Oh no not Lue bc of 1 year dispute. Ok Vogel. Then fire Vogel, no dont fire Vogel. Now we keeping him no mater what. Need offensive coordinator: gets worst one in Fizdale.

2021 off season: signing only former lakers (can’t be coincidence). Signing only guards. Signing only old wings. Signing DJ. Etc

Yeah the post title moves have all been ***. I can concede that point but people still hating on the Lebron acquisition need to get their mentals checked. You hate one man too much to think rationally. Even after HE was the one superstar who took the challenge of bring the Lakers back to the top when every other superstar balked at the thought/pressure.

It’s like people forget that no superstar wanted to come here and how much of a joke the Lakers were in the post Kobe / post CP3 trade era. I realize those people are more Kobe fans than real Laker fans though.

Yeah the post title moves have all been ***. I can concede that point but people still hating on the Lebron acquisition need to get their mentals checked. You hate one man too much to think rationally. Even after HE was the one superstar who took the challenge of bring the Lakers back to the top when every other superstar balked at the thought/pressure.

It’s like people forget that no superstar wanted to come here and how much of a joke the Lakers were in the post Kobe / post CP3 trade era. I realize those people are more Kobe fans than real Laker fans though.

You’re right Lebron got us the chip. He’s great. I just don’t like everything else that we have to suffer through because of that one chip. All the injuries, all the bad roster moves, letting the player dictate the future of the organization that he won’t be here to suffer through. He’ll be long gone when we all will be painfully watching tank teams for years.

You’re right Lebron got us the chip. He’s great. I just don’t like everything else that we have to suffer through because of that one chip. All the injuries, all the bad roster moves, letting the player dictate the future of the organization that he won’t be here to suffer through. He’ll be long gone when we all will be painfully watching tank teams for years.

No doubt. We did the same thing for Kobe. Obviously Kobe had more leeway because he had years of loyalty + brought us 5 rings but the post CP3 trade years were UGLY. We were paying Kobe ridiculous money for him to shoot 30 times a game and us win 30 times a season with a **** roster. We had no choice but to tank because of the terrible Steve Nash trade we made trying to salvage Kobe’s last few years.

Lakers are an organization that caters to superstars if you bring us a ring(s). I hate that they don’t build their team traditionally like other teams but the Lakers are a glam franchise who cater to their superstar. It is what it is.

Other teams would kill for 1 title. Gotta recognize that as well.

No hate for lebron from me.

Last year a dumbass ran into his ankle.

This year he’s just old so small injuries linger

Winning is hard and he got us a chip. And he got us Ad.

Prob is these management bozos gonna mess it all up and we will go back to a team nobody wants to come to once klutch finds another team to run. Not until the Buss’ sell the team to a multi billionaire.

Back
Top Bottom