**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm okay with giving up one pick if need be. No way we should give up two. We also shouldn't stretch this out to the deadline. Just get it over with.

Buyout should def be the last option but I think it’s something that’s def on the table. I read somewhere that it would put the team under the salary cap and save them a ton of money, not that any one of us care about that but you know who for sure does…

Buying out and stretching Westbrick would allow the team access to the full MLE ($10M) and BAE ($4M), but hard caps the team. And I'm not sure that's a good enough return in the short-term to have his salary on the books for the next three years.

Yep.

For a team trying to be competitive it makes little sense. Don’t think the hard cap matters much when you’re not trying to spend over it. And I saw that they would save more in luxury tax payments in year 1 of the stretch and waive then what they’d pay in years 2-3 of the buyout so I’m sure that’ll factor in to the decision as well

I’m not sure if it will happen, but I’m bracing myself for anything at this point

Why do we care about picks in 5 and 7 years?

We trying to win #18 before Lebron and AD are gone

We might trade AD for some players and picks in the next year or two anyways

Because they ain't going to stay healthy regardless and we going to need assets post Bron era.

I hope we keep Russ.

Not having any desire to watch this team was fun gave me so much free time.

Mitch owes us one
tradenba-snap-1649990262867.png

Mitch owes us one
tradenba-snap-1649990262867.png
Overpay

Russ to hornets for rosier and Hayward saves MJ about 50 mill. He should be sending us a pick

Then you’re including tht and a pick, for pj washington

But you he right. Rob is a known overpayer. (Ad trade, shroeder trade, D’lo trade, Russ trade)

Rob is indeed an overpayer. It’s like he didn’t understand there was no market for Russ. Washington still to this day can’t believe their luck finding someone to take that contract and give up picks for it

Thought this was a good convo. Particularly about building next season's roster after the last two seasons. Too many players with agendas (living up to legacy, contract yrs) have kinda poisoned the well lately.

Podcaster: "6-7 months ago, this team was the Western Conference favorites."

Lol

No they weren't, not after they started the preseason a blistering 0-6 then proceeded to start the regular season like 2-5.

At no point was this fk'n team ever "western conference favorites" unless you talkin bout ON PAPER. Lol

Podcaster: "6-7 months ago, this team was the Western Conference favorites."

Lol

No they weren't, not after they started the preseason a blistering 0-6 then proceeded to start the regular season like 2-5.

At no point was this fk'n team ever "western conference favorites" unless you talkin bout ON PAPER. Lol
Well technically Vegas had them preseason favorites.

But there were some of us here that were very down in the team. And we were called “worst fan base ever” after lol

Does anyone still listen to the Laker Film Room podcast?

I think it's a bummer Pete and Trudell are Laker employees so have to hide their true feelings about things. The podcast was better with just Pete and Darius. Trudell just defends the Lakers at every turn.

Does anyone still listen to the Laker Film Room podcast?

I think it's a bummer Pete and Trudell are Laker employees so have to hide their true feelings about things. The podcast was better with just Pete and Darius. Trudell just defends the Lakers at every turn.
Yes!!!! Use to listen all the time but it was very hard this season bc I was so down on the team and those guys (bc they likely work for the lakers) we’re always like “ya we will be fine. We are great”

Hearing Darius use poetic metaphors to describe how Russ will figure it out got annoying.

“I’m not worried” Their favorite line. Even after 10/11 years being in a dumpster, “I’m not worried”

Back
Top Bottom