**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Funny thing, I wondered about that back then. Magic had rust, similar to Mike comin back in 95. But with Shaq bein added, Magic could have given 12-15 minutes a night and been a great 6th man for that squad.

Was surprised he didn't try to get an extra year or two back of his career.
Wanna know one of the main reasons Magic decided not to return... :wink:

Coaching.

Wanna know one of the main reasons Magic decided not to return... :wink:

Coaching.

Screenshot_20220428-142131.png

It's been written about in a few books that I read over the years...I think one of Pearlman's covered it but don't worry I got ya lil buddy

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1996-04-27-sp-63301-story.html

Friday, the offense went up on the rack to find the cause of the sputtering attack, reducing it to an 83-point, 22-turnover, 34.9%-shooting Edsel. The flashlight went on Coach Del Harris, because Magic Johnson put it there.

Johnson had been blunt in his assessment of the 87-83 Game 1 loss to the Houston Rockets, noting that the Lakers seemed lost with the ball but more specifically that his game was messed up because Harris couldn’t decide where to play him. Maybe Harris was trying to take advantage of his versatility, but either way, the series was 2 1/2 hours old and the team leader was frustrated.

It goes on a little bit more in the article and I'm sure you can find other resources if you want to look into yourself.

It's been written about in a few books that I read over the years...I think one of Pearlman's covered it but don't worry I got ya lil buddy

Friday, the offense went up on the rack to find the cause of the sputtering attack, reducing it to an 83-point, 22-turnover, 34.9%-shooting Edsel. The flashlight went on Coach Del Harris, because Magic Johnson put it there.

Johnson had been blunt in his assessment of the 87-83 Game 1 loss to the Houston Rockets, noting that the Lakers seemed lost with the ball but more specifically that his game was messed up because Harris couldn’t decide where to play him. Maybe Harris was trying to take advantage of his versatility, but either way, the series was 2 1/2 hours old and the team leader was frustrated.

It goes on a little bit more in the article and I'm sure you can find other resources if you want to look into yourself.

To recap....a star player who hadn't played in 5 years was frustrated for playing like crap and blamed the 60 year old guy with white hair.

I have literally never heard of a player blaming someone else for their mistakes. Crazy.

Had a better 60 year old been sitting on the bench, Magic would have played much better. 👍

Elden had a nice game. Good post player with jump hooks over both shoulders, solid midrange shooter and excellent defender. Small hands though would always lose the ball trying to dunk with one hand

Peeler, Campbell, lynch, ceballos, divac, nick and Eddie…..those were some fun years

Elden had a nice game. Hood post player and midrange shooter and excellent defender. Small hands though would always lose the ball trying to dunk with one hand

Peeler, Campbell, lynch, ceballos, divac, nick and Eddie…..those were some fun years
Man Peeler used to try to get with my sister back then lol that team was wild !

You callin cp lil buddy? Damn

To recap....a star player who hadn't played in 5 years was frustrated for playing like crap and blamed the 60 year old guy with white hair.

I have literally never heard of a player blaming someone else for their mistakes. Crazy.

Had a better 60 year old been sitting on the bench, Magic would have played much better. 👍
Hmmm.... to recap the recap

Me: Magic was unhappy with Del Harris' coaching, and that's one of the reason's he re-retired.
You: If anything Magic should be unhappy with himself because none of that coaching stuff matters.

Okay got it case closed.

LOL

My dad hated Elden so much back in the day for being lazy. :lol:

Same with my dad. I dunno if lazy is the appropriate word but still...

Elden had a lot of unfulfilled potential.

I remember going to the Forum and seeing him drop 34 on MJ's Bulls and my dad was still upset with him :rofl:

Same with my dad. I dunno if lazy is the appropriate word but still...

Elden had a lot of unfulfilled potential.

I remember going to the Forum and seeing him drop 34 on MJ's Bulls and my dad was still upset with him :rofl:
So your father was an NTer?

Back
Top Bottom