**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

CF220DAD-5027-4FBE-BAB6-FC0B96B49B19.jpeg

Blame Russ, Ham, Dennis, etc all you want but until this guy starts playing at an all NBA level again what are we even talking about?

That's crazy I just did the same meme for my FB profile pic

7auo56.jpg

Vogel out of here because they were stupid enough to trade for Russ.

Now russ is gone and we have Hamm...
Vogel won a title but even before Russ played played was only able to secure a 1 year extension… I don’t think the decision to move on had been made then.

Where the Ham/team probably messed up was with the assistant coaching hires… Frank had former head coaches on his staff like Kidd, Hollins, Fizdale, etc. Ham has Handy and I don’t really know who else…that’s if you believe suits matter 😂

I think this team is gonna run off 7 in a row after the break.

Hopefully they don't go on another 5 game losing streak after :lol:

Vogel won a title but even before Russ played played was only able to secure a 1 year extension… I don’t think the decision to move on had been made then.

Where the Ham/team probably messed up was with the assistant coaching hires… Frank had former head coaches on his staff like Kidd, Hollins, Fizdale, etc. Ham has Handy and I don’t really know who else…that’s if you believe suits matter 😂

Vogel was supposed to be the stop gap to Kidd, they didn't fire him b/c of Russ, they never wanted him like that to begin with He was like the 5th option. Ham was not the move to make though.

Last edited:
Vogel was supposed to be the stop gap to Kidd, they didn't fire him b/c of Russ, they never wanted him like that to begin that. He was like the 5th option. Ham was not the move to make though.
I agree.

And as far as Ham goes, I’m fine with the idea of him…like he has the player’s attention and they play hard for him which is important BUT the when it comes to some of the tactical stuff he could use some experience around him that’s all

Darius Soriano had a nice concept today about “usage” players and “connector” players and how you need to establish that D’lo ad and lebron are your “usage” players and thus should always flank them with 2 connectors.

In other words they better not start Shroeder and Rui next game with Lebron AD and D’lo

Use combo of Beasley, Reaves, Vando, Gabriel with those 3. Let shroeder Rui run second units

Ya know......Rob loves bringing back former Laker players......wonder if he'd apply the same logic to former Laker coaches..... :lol:

Nah, we'll get year two of Ham next year, fanbase will crush him the entire time, he'll be on the hotseat, and fired after next season.

New coach will come in with 40 year old LeBron James, and 32 year old AD after missing the playoffs the previous 3 years and expected to work some magic...... It's gonna be great times.

Ya know......Rob loves bringing back former Laker players......wonder if he'd apply the same logic to former Laker coaches..... :lol:

Nah, we'll get year two of Ham next year, fanbase will crush him the entire time, he'll be on the hotseat, and fired after next season.

New coach will come in with 40 year old LeBron James, and 32 year old AD after missing the playoffs the previous 3 years and expected to work some magic...... It's gonna be great times.
Funny enough I saw Rondo is gonna become a student assistant coach at UK next season the other day. I could totally see him being the Lakers coach in a few years.

Darius Soriano had a nice concept today about “usage” players and “connector” players and how you need to establish that D’lo ad and lebron are your “usage” players and thus should always flank them with 2 connectors.

In other words they better not start Shroeder and Rui next game with Lebron AD and D’lo

Use combo of Beasley, Reaves, Vando, Gabriel with those 3. Let shroeder Rui run second units
Today's podcast was a Ham critique. :lol:

Agree with the criticism here, no need to have Schroeder, DLo, Bron out there at same time or 3 higher usage guys in general (Rui, AD). Schroeder is the odd man out IMO, if he ain’t dribbling the ball up/creating I’d rather have a lower usage guy out there to compliment (wenyen, Vanderbilt, AR, Beasley)

It was pretty clear the Thunder coach outcoached Ham. And a few other games

But at the end of the day, the roster construction and the players not having effort and energy on defense is what’s caused most of the losses this season, if you don’t count the refs and injuries :lol:

Just really hard to put this season on Ham.

Last edited:
- Rondo = family
- Rondo was a tall PG
- Rondo had dinner with Kobe
- Rambis and special advisor Phil Jackson love tall point guards

Rondo next head coach confirmed

Back
Top Bottom