**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Time to empty the clip this summer and get back MAXIMUM return on Lebron and AD in separate deals.

3 firsts and 2 solid players for both

6 picks 4 solid starter level players. D’lo Vando Beasley Rui.

Will be a play in team and exciting and fun

Time to empty the clip this summer and get back MAXIMUM return on Lebron and AD in separate deals.

3 firsts and 2 solid players for both

6 picks 4 solid starter level players. D’lo Vando Beasley Rui.

Will be a play in team and exciting and fun

Imagine if we did this last offseason like I wanted. I knew this would be another injury riddled trash season. 13th seed. Strive for greatness. The Play In Tourney

Jeanie won’t give up the farewell tour for business reasons. AD is the one we might part with

I say keep Bron, trade AD for Siakam and OG if AD can't stay healthy or starts to show a decline this season.

Going from AD to Siakam at PF would be like when the Lakers replaced HOF'r, 2x champ, and former league MVP Bob McAdoo in favor of the younger and faster James Worthy in '86 to allow Showtime to continue winning chips in 87 and 88.

Lakers gotta keep progressing and if AD can't be a consistent #2, then Pelinka needs to get someone who can.

Bamba, Siakam, Bron, OG, D-Lo

Rui, Reaves, Schroder, Vando, Gabriel, Beasley

jeanclaudevan DAMME :lol:

come on now. nobody is giving you multiple first rounders for a 38 year old.

nobody is giving you multiple first rounders for an often injured anthony davis.

nobody is giving you prime superstars for them either.

nobody is giving you multiple first rounders for an often injured anthony davis.

Age ain’t nuthin but a number , word to R Kelly

Lebron = 30/8/8

The problem was emptying the clip for a 3rd star in Russ.

They panicked after losing to the Suns in the playoffs when it was 3 point shooting more than anything.
They could have shuffled role players, and been better for it.

They made the right trades at the deadline. And have to do them again in the off-season. Turn 1 asset into 2 and so forth.

They could absolutely win a title with Bron or AD next year or the year after that. But it’s about building a deep team which won’t actually be that hard based on what they have.

Last edited:
Bron and AD both showed they are elite
Issue is injury though especially AD
He has a 3 game stretch of like Giannis play then got hurt

Some of it is if the roster was better Bron and AD usage would be lower and help with sustainability but some of it is also AD just can’t stay on the floor (Bron to some extent too)

Recipe was there 2020 maybe just upgrade shooting. After losing to Phx they 100% overreacted from that loss (AD hurt and Bron even tho he was playing that high ankle sprain for sure bothered him still cuz his lateral quickness was about as fast as Thomas Bryant’s lmao)

^^ been a bad cycle of one goes down and right when he about to be back the other goes down

the amount of **** injury luck is very unfortunate

To me these injuries happened because AD/Bron had to play way too hard to carry the roster. They thought they could take the regular season easy with Russ as the 3rd star but the exact opposite thing happened.

Lemme ask you.....

You got them both now......and we're the 13th seed. :nerd:

14th-15th seed that much worse than 13th? 👀

I don’t put much stock in this last 18 months because we Chedder Bob’d ourselves w/ the Russ trade.

25 or 30 games or whatever to gain chemistry and compete for a title isn’t enough. I’m still glad they made the trades and they’ll have an actual roster that makes sense going forward.

I’ll give them 1 more year. If it’s not working next year, I’d be willing to entertain pulling the plug.

These are still irrelevant talking points though. I know there’s no way Lebron gets traded and I also think he’s gon retire in LA. Lebron not gon let ‘em trade AD unless he knows AD is done.

The problem was emptying the clip for a 3rd star in Russ.

They panicked after losing to the Suns in the playoffs when it was 3 point shooting more than anything.
They could have shuffled role players, and been better for it.

They made the right trades at the deadline. And have to do them again in the off-season. Turn 1 asset into 2 and so forth.

They could absolutely win a title with Bron or AD next year or the year after that. But it’s about building a deep team which won’t actually be that hard based on what they have.

Nah the problem is the stars can't stay healthy, mainly AD. That supercedes any other supplemental pieces. You're not going to be a good team when your stars are missing 70% of the games together each season.

Bron or and AD literally got hurt before the calendar turned to January every season since 2020 If these dudes can't stay healthy for 20 games, what's the damn use really?

we might have the talent NOW, but we don't have the reps and continuity....

hard to shake up the whole roster and then go 17-10 the final stretch.

Not impossible, but not likely either.

Terrible start to the season (pre-season also) and dug ourselves into a hole we haven't been able to climb out of.

Haven't seen .500 all season, don't think we will either.....

the silver lining is RW is gone, and we can turn the chapter and get back to LAKERS BASKETBALL.

literally threw away 2 seasons though
You still don’t see the problem has always been Anthony Davis

Folks still capping for Russ...it's crazy.

We at least made the playoffs before Russ got here.

Been a laughing stock ever since that trade.

I'm not gonna ignore the injuries, but the point of the trade was for him to ball out whenever those injuries happened.

It always has and always will be the Russ trade that was the main issue for this franchise.

Folks still capping for Russ...it's crazy.

We at least made the playoffs before Russ got here.

Been a laughing stock ever since that trade.

I'm not gonna ignore the injuries, but the point of the trade was for him to ball out whenever those injuries happened.

It always has and always will be the Russ trade that was the main issue for this franchise.
They claim when we blame Russ for the lakers failure, that we have double standards for not blaming Bron or AD also. Uh no, Westbrook is the main reason why the lakers were dog water

It wasn't enough that the trade killed the team's identity and flexibility. Brick had to be the worst offensive basketball player and have little to no accountability.

Bron and AD do bear some responsibility. I'm not crazy. Thier time off the floor and pushing for thr Russ trade makes them responsible as well.

But Russ comes here smoking layups, hitting the side of the backboard, high turnovers, no defense and just never took accountability for his poor play.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but the Heild trade or just keeping Kuz and KCP would have been the move.

Any time you have to field a roster of vet minimum players because Russ is your third star...formula for failure.

True. Nobody gave multiple firsts for 37 year old injured KD

Or multiple firsts for terrible Gobert

Oh, at least the Warriors and Blazers lost last night. Need the Grizzlies, Rockets and Nuggets to handle their business tonight.

I always wonder how much Muscala going 4 for 4 from 3 in the first half the day before trade deadline affected our desire to pursue him for a single 2nd rounder.

Like Rob wanted him but they didn’t wanna seem incompetent and have people think he ONLY traded for him bc he just hit a bunch of 3s lol

Stretch big. White guy quota.

Hope Bamba can be that guy but never a good sign with a bad magic team never played you.

Nah the problem is the stars can't stay healthy, mainly AD. That supercedes any other supplemental pieces. You're not going to be a good team when your stars are missing 70% of the games together each season.

Bron or and AD literally got hurt before the calendar turned to January every season since 2020 If these dudes can't stay healthy for 20 games, what's the damn use really?

Russ played 78 games last year.
52 of 55 this year.

That’s the 3rd guy they traded their supplemental pieces for. And was supposed to carry them over the top and fill in with injuries.

2020-21 they made the playoffs. LeBron played 45 of 72. AD 36 of 72.

Back
Top Bottom