**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

\
Fun fact about game 1:

Laker: slight better point per shot relative to expected given shot quality.

Jokic and Murray: appx expected point per shot: 0.99. Actual point per shot: 1.6. Damn near doubled the points per type of shots they took (eg fade away 3 pointers from 30 feet). That will hopefully regress to more human level.

Came across this stat earlier & could do nothing but :lol: , people were acting as if the Lakers were giving up nothing but open shots.

Yea Malone isn't good enough to be talking like that & i'm almost 100% sure that if they go up 2-0 Murray is gonna say some goofy ****

Just win. Don't care if it's by 20 or 1.

Just win.

Let Malone talk. He doing what he is supposed to. They are up.

But like Darvin says...we stay humble.

You guys think TBJ, Wenyen or Christie get any minutes for the series?
If they end up starting Rui, I think they have to go with TBJ on the second unit to eat a short stint (3-4 mins). In particular I'm talking about the lineup to end the first/start of second when Jokic/AD are both resting. It'll be Gordon, Green, Braun, Brown and Murray for the Nuggets and Bron, Vando, Schroder and Lonnie for the Lakers probably. Probably un-wise to play Wenyen and Vando together, so I would lean towards TBJ as the fifth guy.

7o9kbkqp5p0b1.jpg

If they end up starting Rui, I think they have to go with TBJ on the second unit to eat a short stint (3-4 mins). In particular I'm talking about the lineup to end the first/start of second when Jokic/AD are both resting. It'll be Gordon, Green, Braun, Brown and Murray for the Nuggets and Bron, Vando, Schroder and Lonnie for the Lakers probably. Probably un-wise to play Wenyen and Vando together, so I would lean towards TBJ as the fifth guy.
It'll just be another starter with that group. Doubt they add a 9th guy to the rotation

Just win. Don't care if it's by 20 or 1.

Just win.

Let Malone talk. He doing what he is supposed to. They are up.

But like Darvin says...we stay humble.
denver been talking greasy man :lol:
were they like this 2020 too? lmao

basketball gods watching tho

When the Lakers pull AD off Jokic, I don’t see how Denver will be able to keep AG on the floor.

They’ll have to sub in Brown & then the question becomes do the lakers stay big or go small to matchup.

If you keep Rui in against the small lineup, you’ll put AD on Bruce Brown but then they’ll just run pick&rolls all day. Bruce Brown is good on the short roll but I guess you can switch it.

If you put Bron on Bruce Brown, where do you hide AD? You can’t hide him on MPJR, Murray or KCP because they can all shoot.

On the flip side, if we stay big while Denver is small, it should be a layup line to the rim. Bruce Brown cannot check Rui or Lebron. If AG is played off the floor, the Nuggets front court has absolutely NOTHING.

Denver is trying to play Dlo off the floor.
Lakers will be trying to play AG off the floor.

I may be a homer, but I feel like the Lakers can get to checkmate quicker than Denver can.

I don’t think Gordon is gonna be bad enough to play off the floor, he’s there only strong perimeter defender & he isn’t horrible from three. It’s not ideal for them offensively but they lose too much sitting him

I don’t think Gordon is gonna be bad enough to play off the floor, he’s there only strong perimeter defender & he isn’t horrible from three. It’s not ideal for them offensively but they lose too much sitting him

Playing off the court is overkill, I mainly just mean letting AD ignore AG, letting AD patrol the paint and AG not being good enough offensively to make the Lakers pay for it.

They’re going to play AG in the Bron minutes regardless of how he does offensively because they don’t have anything else defensively in the front court.

Back
Top Bottom