**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

According to JJ Reddick, Chris Paul's family has stayed in LA for the last couple of years so he's been seperated from them. I'd imagine that being close to his family is his #1 priority

Mind you Clippers want Russ back but I think at a very low number.

Will be interesting to see if any team give Russ a MLE or something above that.

If we get CP it has to be at a minimum deal IMO. He isn't worth anything more.

We complain about D.lo in the playoffs...at least he played.

CP would get injured when we need him most.

I mean they can only offer Russ the mini MLE. He could get double somewhere theoretically.

CP3 would make more sense for the Clippers to get at Vet Min than trying to retain Russ. Then use the $5mil elsewhere. But that’s if Russ even would take that.

Jake is saying the Lavine trade offer the bulls are expecting is something like the 3rd pick from Portland Lol

Long story short: lakers ain’t getting him

What people fail to realize is that not all teams care about competing. The Bulls just wanna make play in/playoffs and get the gate check from 2-3 home games. Owner makes 1-2 mill extra and he’s on cloud 9.

What people fail to realize is that not all teams care about competing. The Bulls just wanna make play in/playoffs and get the gate check from 2-3 home games. Owner makes 1-2 mill extra and he’s on cloud 9.

I’d say there’s about 10-12 teams right now who legitimately want to win a title and put the chips all in. (Whether they are good at doing so is another question).
Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Suns, Nuggets, Mavs, Timberwolves (went full LeRoy Jenkins), Heat, Bucks, 76ers, Knicks (the worst of them all at trying this), Celtics

And some of those teams were forced to because of a generational talent (Bucks, Warriors, Nuggets )

The other 18-20 teams just happy to be around.

Jake is saying the Lavine trade offer the bulls are expecting is something like the 3rd pick from Portland Lol

Long story short: lakers ain’t getting him

What team's want for a player vs what they want to and actually get are often 2 different things. The market is going to dictate what Zach brings back and I seriously doubt it's Scoot Henderson or Brandon Miller.

What team's want for a player vs what they want to and actually get are often 2 different things. The market is going to dictate what Zach brings back and I seriously doubt it's Scoot Henderson or Brandon Miller.
They they just won’t put him on the market

I think they are just sniffing around

Pacers looking to move the 7th pick feels like it takes us out of the Buddy sweepstakes.

Because they either unload a ton of picks to get someone like OG to pair with Halliburton/Buddy/Myles.
Or they use Buddy to get away with 1 first this year. Number 32. And a future 1st.

According to JJ Reddick, Chris Paul's family has stayed in LA for the last couple of years so he's been seperated from them. I'd imagine that being close to his family is his #1 priority
Basically the inverse of what Nash did with the Lakers going back and forth to Phoenix on off days.

Bulls don't have a pick in this draft? Hmmmmmm

No Harden to LAL chatter outside of ESPN.

Last edited:

Andre Jackson should be in the late 20s to mid 30s but everybody else on the list probably gonna be undrafted.

Andre Jackson should be in the late 20s to mid 30s but everybody else on the list probably gonna be undrafted.

Lakers have literally only worked out like 2-3 top 20 prospects. They must be moving back. Bunch of unknowns

Lakers have literally only worked out like 2-3 top 20 prospects. They must be moving back. Bunch of unknowns
Andre Jackson Jr, Max Lewis, Leonard Miller and Brice Sensabaugh are the only first round guys they've announced.

But they brought in Dereck Lively a few weeks ago, but they didn't announce him (he posted on his IG). I'm sure they've brought in other guys, plus they interviewed prospects at the combine.

Reactions: DLF

Will have to go check that one out this summer…

Shot around at the OC one a couple times but never ran any games there…first time it was empty, last time just some bummy looking players there so not worth it 😂
IMG_7029.jpeg

IMG_7033.jpeg

Messed around and came up with this. Seems realistic. Maybe Reaves and Hachimura get more?

first_try.PNG

Davis/Bamba/Clowney
James/Hachimura/Gabriel
Vanderbilt/Finney-Smith
Reaves/Christie/Lee
Russell/Paul/Sumner

Two-way players: Swider/Pippen Jr/#47 pick

Notes:
Malik Beasley and #17 for Dorian Finney-Smith, Edmund Sumner and #22.
Mo Bamba gets $10M contract waived, re-signs for $5M.
Noah Clowney drafted with #22 pick. 18 year old big man. I think he can be a stretch "4.5" like Bobby Portis or Serge Ibaka in time. He is a Klutch client. :lol:
Team gets hard capped at second apron because TMLE is used on Chris Paul. :rolleyes
Would've liked to sign a bulky center, but there are no good ones available.

Back
Top Bottom