**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Is there a way Lonnie can come back?
Yes.

Depending on how much D’lo signs for. We can give him UP to 7.8 mill or whatever is left under hardcap.

Prob not though. Doesn’t make sense for either side

Last year’s roster was a likable group… but when Pelinka said he was going to make marginal improvements he meant upgrading the supporting cast. If guys like Wenyen and Lonnie were better they’d be re-signed. Hopefully they’ll get another chance in the league somewhere else but this is just how it goes.

Austin still has to wait and see if any offers are coming in… if I remember correctly Ayton didn’t get his Indy offer until late in FA last year.

Jaxson is young enough to where he should be able to play most of the backup big minutes. If they sign another big that guy has to know he’s only an in case of emergency player…so maybe bring back TT.

DLo and his agent right now talking about Rob P
1688223295154.gif

2995410B-2715-4B60-94E0-2ABF82F447FE.jpeg

So:

$16,130,787 first year salary for D’lo is max before tax line.

$23,130,787 first salary for D’lo is max before hardcap.

If tax is no object, we can still pay D’lo 17 first year and have more than enough to pay Beasley or Lonnie if they want another guard (1 year 5 mill for either).

Is there a way Lonnie can come back?
A95F0B90-05D9-4C7A-89DC-32A80D398038.jpeg

If money was no object, we could have replaced Reddish with Walker at 6.5 mill assuming D’lo accepts 16 a year and still 2.6 mill below hardcap.

But I think for ownership, that’s like 20 mill in taxes for marginal return so I get it.

It really depends on how much they can offer, But if you telling me we bring back D'Lo & AR & get Beasley for 5-6 million, then i like the gabe vincent signing a lot more. Beasley may not be a playoff performer but he's more than well equipped to be a rotation guy on a playoff team.

Lonnie is a lot more versatile tho & is good attacking the rim which is something we don't have a lot of at the guard spot

Reactions: DLF
It really depends on how much they can offer, But if you telling me we bring back D'Lo & AR & get Beasley for 5-6 million, then i like the gabe vincent signing a lot more. Beasley may not be a playoff performer but he's more than well equipped to be a rotation guy on a playoff team.

Lonnie is a lot more versatile tho & is good attacking the rim which is something we don't have a lot of at the guard spot
Only problem is we have such limited size at C. 2 centers with AD history of injury. Not sure they use their last spot on another guard AND pay more taxes.

I imagine spurs licking their chops at the Lillard news. They will likely take back salary from either brooklyn or Miami or clippers in exchange for a first rounder

This is good news bc then Austin will be out of options, as will d’lo

Hayes - "The move that puts them over the top." According to Marks.

IYKYK

Hayes can't shoot threes. Hayes can't stretch the floor.

But he's an athletic 7 footer who can defend the paint and give the Lakers an interior presence playing backup or on the floor next to AD.

Hayes is Javale 2.0

Vincent, Prince, Reddish, Hayes- all defensive minded players along the lines of Rondo/DFish/Farmar, DGreen/Fox/Kieff, McGee/Bynum.

Bet we make it to the Finals now cause Rob and Ham realized the Formula been the same since 2020

And why would the Lakers entertain a shorter deal when they have all the leverage in this situation?

AR has to accept the deal too.

If he doesn’t want to do 4. He won’t do 4.
If he’s willing to make less in year 3&4 because hey $12mil is $12mil, he’ll take it

Naw bring back Bamba he can atleast stretch the floor
Nah dont need a three point shooting center cause we havent proven we can win a chip with a three point shooting center. TT much better than Bamba cause he built for the playoffs.

Can Mo do what TT did against Jokic in Game 4 when Ham finally woke tf up and gave TT meaningful minutes?

Hayes stinks but he’s athletic. I just hate starting that many non shooters.
The Lakers won a title without being known as a three point shooting team.

It's not about having shooters per se,it's about having players who can make timely threes when the games count most.

Even DEN wasn't jacking up volume threes all season long cause they know that ain't the formula for winning titles
Screenshot_20230503_081528_Chrome.jpg

Dust has settled and people are fighting each other over theoretical future items.

Do we need bigs? Yea

Do we need 3 point shooting? Yea

We don’t have unlimited money so have to make do with what’s available and go from there.

So far the moves all make sense (unlike Russ deal or letting Caruso walk for nothing) so that’s all we can hope for

None of it matters if lebron and ad ain’t healthy.

Carry the hell on

Back
Top Bottom