**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If Lakers don’t bring back DLo or don’t sign and trade him for a guard (AR is a lock to be back) Would be a long season. Got upgrades in Gabe over Dennis and Prince over Beasley. But it is marginal, and leaves a big hole elsewhere if they don’t run it back with DLo/AR. Or try to find another guard for AR.

Outside of Phoenix (even then meh about them just due to how much those top 4 will need to drag them all season), every team has gotten worse in the top 12 in the West)
I’m not kidding here. If they let D’lo walk for absolutely nothing (and yes trading to make a trad e exception is nothing) I’m gonna be furious and the floor for the team just went lower.

D’lo I’d nothing else keeps the team in top 4 bc we know lebron and or ad will miss time. Vincent ain’t carrying the scoring load like that.

Also I’d be mad bc it would be strictly a money move.

Spurs just took on an additional ~$9M in salary participating in the Strus sign and trade with the Cavs and Heat.

Edit:

The perfect amount of cap space for a Reaves $100 offer sheet. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Spurs just took on an additional ~$9M in salary participating in the Strus sign and trade with the Cavs and Heat.

Edit:

The perfect amount of cap space for a Reaves $100 offer sheet. :lol:

Beauty of it is that if they do, lakers won’t match u til July 7 and spurs will have to really look in the leftover bin at that time. Not sure that’s wise

Also, they don’t have to reach the cap limit. Just get to 90% of it right? That would be 148mill. So really they just need to spend 8 mill more and then after that they can enter the year and serve as trade target for salary dumpers.

A decent big....I'll take it.

Bring D.Lo, and AR back....maybe Bama on vet min and let's get ready for the season.

So that’s all folks.

Successful offseason assuming D’lo is back.

D’lo/Vincent/JHS
Reeves/Christie/Reddish
Vando/Prince/Lewis
Lebron/Rui
AD/Hayes/Thompson

Italicized players: not gonna play

10 man rotation. Pretty even there but I’d want one more big bc of AD injury history.

Would we have been better not bringing Reddish in and giving Beasley 4 mill a year instead if he gets squeezed? Might have still been below tax. klutch tax I guess.

Also I hope I’m wrong on the Thompson front and they choose Bamba instead

Last edited:
Should re-sign Bamba, have him and Hayes compete for the backup center mins.

ZA58.gif

30 seconds into the laker portion of Windhorst pod and Bontemps and McMahon douche bag mother ****ers clowning lakers again. Wonder what Windy really thinks of them bc they are such douche bags. Refuse to listen to that show anymore

Christie is our biggest wildcard this year outside of Lebron/AD health.

If he takes a leap to be able to play consistent 20 mins a game on great 3 and d would makes us elite

Wenyen. :frown: Hope he lands on his feet somewhere. Need guys like him to help during the regular season.

So by Yossi’s math, D’lo max is about 17.5 before triggering tax.

Doubt they use their 14th slot on a guard.

If a team doesn’t go after Reaves.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes 2+1.
That is a lot more advantageous for him in the long run if he doesn’t get another offer.
And why would the Lakers entertain a shorter deal when they have all the leverage in this situation?

Back
Top Bottom