**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Wood was in Milwaukee for a cup of tea, so Ham should know whether or not to sign him or not. He's leaned into his relationships with Schroder or Prince to get them signed.

Even if you think signing Gabe to replace DS is a lateral move, the Lakers at least grabbed two guys that should be playable in the playoffs with him and Prince.

We’ll see what happens with Hayes and Cam, but if anything there’s two young athletic players (3 if you believe in Max) that should help with the grind of the regular season. A lot of people hated the Lonnie Walker signing last year because of whatever reason but his athleticism really stood out on that roster.

Don’t think the team really needs that backup big until there’s an AD injury and/or postseason…signing them now is cool but they’ll probably just be chilling on the bench until some type of emergency situation. Or maybe LA decides to do some type of load management with AD, that would def change the immediate need.

I don't get the optimism around Prince's signing...he is an absolute bum...I expect him to be buried in the bench and maybe 5 mins to garbage time minutes, if he does well I will eat crow but he absolutely sucks

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
I don't get the optimism around Prince's signing...he is an absolute bum...I expect him to be buried in the bench and maybe 5 mins to garbage time minutes, if he does well I will eat crow but he absolutely sucks
I take it you watched him in Minnesota a lot?

Not sure what direction they wanted them to go.

If a Beasley or Bamba trade wouldn’t net anything. Then trying to maximize money they have to use is the only direction they could go.

Obviously center is a concern. But otherwise, it’s a pretty deep team 1-4

They gave themselves a chance to compete this season and kept flexibility to contend for the next 3 years or so. I'm not really high on this being a championship year because a team like Phoenix will have elite shooting that they can't keep up with

Reactions: MVP
Not sure what direction they wanted them to go.

If a Beasley or Bamba trade wouldn’t net anything. Then trying to maximize money they have to use is the only direction they could go.

Obviously center is a concern. But otherwise, it’s a pretty deep team 1-4
I definitely think they didn’t wanna go through another 60 games this year wondering “ok what can we get for Beasley and Bamba and a pick…let’s stay a float until then”

Happy with them being a NTMLE team.

They gave themselves a chance to compete this season and kept flexibility to contend for the next 3 years or so. I'm not really high on this being a championship year because a team like Phoenix will have elite shooting that they can't keep up with

It will come down to how the bracket ends up breaking for us, if we have to face PHX or Denver before the WCF it's a wrap.

They gave themselves a chance to sustain a decent record when the inevitable AD/Bron time missed comes, and should an above average starter or disgruntled star that tries to force his way here become available, then they do have ammunition to make a deal.

If AR or Rui take a big leap, that would obviously help.

Aside from shooting, what didn't we address? We're a deeper, bigger team.

Shooting is kind of a big deal. And deeper how exactly, Prince is better than TBJ but Reddish and Hayes are low IQ players and Vincent is a facimile of Schroeder.

Gabe is legit on defense and should do a better job on Murray. Team got bigger but worse on the boards so it kinda doesn't matter

Prince just a 3/D guy, exactly what Lakers needed. Have enough guys who want to get buckets: Bron, AR, AD, Rui, DLo, Gabe Vincent. Need guys who will space the floor and play defense. That amounts to like 4 shots/game and him sitting in the corner looking useless, but very necessary in modern NBA

its all gonna come down to if dangelo russell goes ghost again in the playoffs. judging by his past playoff performances its most likely going to be bad again

he is the key to how far we get in the post season. not lebron. not ad. if he doesnt provide enough scoring we are done.

1688589714631.gif

Suns have 4 guys who shot near or over 40% from 3 last season. And that's their bench. Book shot 50% from 3 in the playoffs. KD shot 50% from 3 in the regular season with PHX. I have no idea why people think they're not legit

Suns have 4 guys who shot near or over 40% from 3 last season. And that's their bench. Book shot 50% from 3 in the playoffs. KD shot 50% from 3 in the regular season with PHX. I have no idea why people think they're not legit
Chemistry is everything. And they have to be healthy.

Back
Top Bottom