**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

That's exactly what I mean. When the only hope is that they get hurt or Beal starts a mutiny or something, it's not a good sign :lol:
That's not the only hope. Last time we panicked over a superteam, it didn't end well. They still can't defend for ****.

Not arguing against that but that doesn’t mean he should be killed everything his name is brought up.

team Dlo :pimp:

Not every time, sure, but it's going to stick. If we would've gotten normal production from him, we win the series.

Not every time, sure, but it's going to stick. If we would've gotten normal production from him, we win the series.

He was unplayable against the nuggets but that’s why they got Vincent. Also, you shouldn’t let the last week or 2 define everything. He’s still a very good basketball player. Will win us a lot of games and eat a lot of regular season minutes while playing high level hoop.

He was unplayable against the nuggets but that’s why they got Vincent. Also, you shouldn’t let the last week or 2 define everything. He’s still a very good basketball player. Will win us a lot of games and eat a lot of regular season minutes while playing high level hoop.
I agree. I'm a fan. It's better to have him than not, but it's part of his reputation. Especially if something similar happens again.

Who remembers Andrew Bynum, a #10 pick in the lottery, who without him the Lakers would not have beaten BOS in 2010 or maybe even ORL in 2009.

We all know how Bynum was an all-important factor to Kobe's 2 titles without Shaq. In fact, when Bynum was hurt and missed the 08 Finals, the Lakers lost to BOS in 6, all the more proving how key the 7 footer Bynum was to helping Pau and Odom battle the frontourt of all the contenders at the time.

For all the stat guys, here's AB's stats his first two years in the league. Clearly, nothing jumps out. After 2 years of SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND LAKERS COACHING, Bynum increased his output and impact tenfold and it led to 2 chips.
Screenshot_20230705_143446_Chrome.jpg

Now here's Jaxson Hayes' stats his first two years at New Orleans, with literally no skills development from the NO coaching staff. Looks kinda like Bynum's stats his first 2 years when AB was riddled with injuries.

Screenshot_20230705_143534_Chrome.jpg

Bynum needed 2-3 years under his belt before he could become an impact big.

I see a similar scenario playing out for Hayes, the #8 pick in his draft class, much like Bynum the #10 pick in his draft.

My money is on Hayes making a big impact this upcoming season, whether off the bench as AD's backup or startting alongside AD in the Javale role, now that he's with the Lakers and surrounded by a much better staff and championship level environment than he was at New Orleans.

Last edited:
Bynum was waaaaaaaaaaay more talented than Jaxon Hayes

Kinda disrespectful to Andrew aka Jesus aka Yolo Bynum :lol:
I'm not comparing the way they play, I'm comparing the impact of having an impact center playing next to your HOF PF which we know has been missing on this team since 2020.

Of course AB was way better in the post and on the glass. But my point is JH has the environment around him to foster growth and improve his skills and optimize his full development into a freaking defensive force that could be even better than 2020 Javale or 2020 Dwight. What he improves on offensively, in this day and age, is a bonus

I'm not comparing the way they play, I'm comparing the impact of having an impact center playing next to your HOF PF which we know has been missing on this team since 2020.

Of course AB was way better in the post and on the glass. But my point is JH has the environment around him to foster growth and improve his skills and optimize his full development into a freaking defensive beast that could be even better than 2020 Javale or 2020 Dwight.
👌🏽

jaxson Hayes is nothing but a taller, more athletic Gabriel with less touch.

He’s gon get blocks and dunks tho :lol:

New Orleans was a bad environment for JH point blank. They drafted him with no real plans for him, then further stunt his growth by trading for Jonas.

Give the kid a simple role and let AD work with him and he will produce.

I'm sure D'Lo was humbled by not only the chatter but the lack of market for himself. He's a regular season player which is what we'll need to maintain a higher seed but nothing really shown in his playoff career thus far to think he'll turn it around when it matters most.

Of course AB was way better in the post and on the glass. But my point is JH has the environment around him to foster growth and improve his skills and optimize his full development into a freaking defensive force that could be even better than 2020 Javale or 2020 Dwight. What he improves on offensively, in this day and age, is a bonus
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment thinking he's gonna have a huge impact on this team :lol:

I hope he excels too, but I don't think he's gonna be anything other than a big body on the bench.

Only nice thing I'll say about Hayes is he's the most explosive big man in the league. Reminds me of Deandre Jordan who took like 5 years to figure it out but was still better than Hayes in those 5 years

Damn grant Williams 53/4

I think had they waited they coulda gotten Rui on similar deal and had 4 more mill below tax to sign Beasley or Lonnie to 5 mill deal (for trade purposes)

Think Wood would be a solid addition. There’s slim pickins at this point and think Woods upside is worth the vet minimum. AD will inevitably miss games, Bron too. If the starting PF/C for lakers play 55-65 games like last year, Need guys who can fill in those spots or HAM is going to go 4 guard lineups

Wood would be strictly to fill TB’s role from last year.
Offensive center that will put up numbers if AD is hurt for an extended period.

Problem is how will Wood be in the locker room when he isn’t getting those minutes. Hayes is the backup center and I don’t see wood even getting the 2nd center minutes but I could be wrong.

Kinda hard not to start Rui since he just signed a new $18 mil year contract, but at the same time if Bron is one of the 1st subs to the bench don’t really like the Vando/AD frontcourt either.

I think there’ll be some real competition for minutes between Prince and Vando (offense vs defense)… depending on what the team needs more will dictate who plays more.

It's deserved. He offered nothing against Denver.
gave us a boost in the Memphis and GSW series tho

gotta take the bad with the good.

Some of y'all gotta lower expectations for him too, y'all act like he an ALL STAR caliber player, he's not.

He's a good player, good piece, good teammate and a professional

That being said, happy to have him back.

Back
Top Bottom