**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

IMG_1248.jpeg

Arena felt dead compared two previous games…and rightfully so with all the high profile rookies playing. Max continues to look good, but it is summer league so not going to overreact to any of it. Looks like he might be the only one of these guys capable of being a regular rotation player.

I’m buying up all the Max Christy stock. His high release high arcing shot is nice. Shown me he’s comfortable shooting in mid-range area some flashes of crazy athleticism(see below). Hope he has some opportunity to play this year.

Guards:
Dlo (28 ) / Vincent (25) / Reaves (28 ) / Christie (15)

Wings & Bigs
Lebron (30) / Rui (30) / Prince (20) / Vando (20)
AD (30) / Hayes (14)

Dlo/Reaves/Rui/Lebron/AD is the regular season starting lineup. These are projected minutes if everyone is healthy but we know that’s not likely so Reddish, JHS & whoever the big man they use for the 14th slot is will probably get spot minutes throughout the year.

I think the best playoff lineup is
Vincent/Reaves/Rui/Lebron/AD
Bench: Dlo/Christie/Prince … Hayes/Vando get playoff minutes cut. Only issue is we’re still missing a big unless Hayes finds something or Castleton balls.

• Love
Reactions: DLF
I think Tareaun will provide a lot of nice buckets for the Lakers throughout the year. Having a weak side shooting threat will do a lot for spacing when he’s out there.

When you can throw DLo/AD in a P&R or even AR/AD that weak side 3 will get a ton of play.

I think we get C. Woods, it would be on a non guaranteed deal. Similar to what we did with D12.

Prove yourself and you can stay the full year.

That would be the only way to take on C. Wood IMO.

Max will have to prove he deserves minutes this season in training camp. I think he will. His work ethic is impressive

Loved what I saw from Cormac last night. I think his play will get better surrounded by better players too.

JHS shot wasn’t there but he has the vision and IQ.

Max showed that he could play last season, but like a lot of rookies I think he didn’t seem as if he could handle the physicality of the NBA…don’t think that’ll be an issue now.

I’m probably in the minority here, but AD next to another big might be doable in certain instances but not starting, that would be a terrible move adding another non shooting player to the lineup. Maybe they can get away with something like AD/DLo/Prince/AD/Hayes as a bench unit but LBJ at the 3 is a no no.

I’m probably in the minority here, but AD next to another big might be doable in certain instances but not starting, that would be a terrible move adding another non shooting player to the lineup. Maybe they can get away with something like AD/DLo/Prince/AD/Hayes as a bench unit but LBJ at the 3 is a no no.
In a 2-Big lineup, I'm not putting Bron at the 3 on offense. I'm having him play the 1 a la Magic, and I surround Bron with Four 2-way players in order to maximize the 5 guys the Lakers have on the floor.

Playing alongside 4 guys who can all defend would make it easier for Bron at his old age to team defend the three position.

Seen this stuff before with Showtime as Magic, Kareem got older. Same with the Kobe era. Kobe won chips playing next to a Shaq, Horry, and Horace Grant/AC Green. Lakers new they had to get Kobe the equivalent big men tandem after Shaq got traded so Buss went out and got Kobe a Pau, Bynum, and Odom.

Dr. Buss was the master at building championship teams

Last edited:
Max showed that he could play last season, but like a lot of rookies I think he didn’t seem as if he could handle the physicality of the NBA…don’t think that’ll be an issue now.

I think we can make adjustments like we did before. There were time Dwight or Javale started next to AD. Depended on the match up.

Or there could be times where both ride the bench and AD starts the 5.

Either way I think it would be good for him not to be the five during the regular season and then adjust to match ups in the playoffs.

Cormac seems “too good for summer league” but I would play him a few more games. Give other players a chance to get their beaks wet.

MVP MVP would have made this trade

Like the spurs, the nets got too proud and took a lesser deal (now in hindsight) to stick it to their guy a who ended up winning or getting paid anyways lol

Russ and 2 firsts. They coulda kept Russ and probably woulda won more games than trading for DFS and Dinwiddie and a first.

Russ and two firsts for kyrie and Harris lol.

They paid second rounders to dump Harris a year later lol. Probably trade DFS and Dinwiddie for a few second rounders.

Ahh well. Our benefit.

the only way you can play two bigs at a time is if you got shooters.

we have no shooters

watching lebron, ad, and russell brick threes in the playoffs is gonna give all of us heart attacks

Either way I think it would be good for him not to be the five during the regular season and then adjust to match ups in the playoffs.
Serious question…Why is this a good move for AD? The cons really outweigh the pros imo but what makes you see it that way?

Serious question…Why is this a good move for AD? The cons really outweigh the pros imo but what makes you see it that way?

Cons to you.

We won a chip with 2 fives. Yes our best line up was with AD at the 5 but during the regular season we rolled just fine with the 2 fives. Got away from it and ain't sniffed a chip since.

Back
Top Bottom