**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Cons to you.

We won a chip with 2 fives. Yes our best line up was with AD at the 5 but during the regular season we rolled just fine with the 2 fives. Got away from it and ain't sniffed a chip since.
Huh?

If we’re talking reasons why the Lakers haven’t won the title since the bubble I’d probably go poor health, Westbrook, and the two best players not being able to make jump shots over them not starting 2 centers in the regular season (and only sparingly in the playoffs)…

Last year not having a true backup center on the roster def cost them at best a few wins in the regular season…They should never make the same mistake again. But make it make sense… start Hayes, AD and Bron but bench Rui, Vando and Prince because of something that happened almost 5 years ago? I’m all ears

I’m hoping Vando getting 20 minutes a game can help control his energy. When Vando is flying around the court on defense, he’s such a valuable tool, and the defense on most perimeter players falls closer to elite than it does average.
But when he’s not hustling or conserving energy, he’s a liability.

5 minute bursts and just saying “Disrupt everything”

On the other hand, he’s still the most likely Laker to be traded to me. Rui 2. DLo 3. Prince 4.
(Hard to envision them making any big moves at the deadline other than shuffling bench players though, and a Vando trade would simply be a “We don’t want to pay him” move more than anything.

Last edited:
I’m hoping Vando getting 20 minutes a game can help control his energy. When Vando is flying around the court on defense, he’s such a valuable tool, and the defense on most perimeter players falls closer to elite than it does average.
But when he’s not hustling or conserving energy, he’s a liability.

5 minute bursts and just saying “Disrupt everything”

On the other hand, he’s still the most likely Laker to be traded to me. Rui 2. DLo 3. Prince 4.
(Hard to envision them making any big moves at the deadline other than shuffling bench players though, and a Vando trade would simply be a “We don’t want to pay him” move more than anything.

Vando is a trade asset for some teams since he’s still young. Who would you want back? Has to have matching salaries, ~5mil/yr player.

When AD inevitably goes down, Jaxson Hayes can come in and start. Who will play backup C minutes? Just go small with Bron at 5?

Vando is a trade asset for some teams since he’s still young. Who would you want back? Has to have matching salaries, ~5mil/yr player.

When AD inevitably goes down, Jaxson Hayes can come in and start. Who will play backup C minutes? Just go small with Bron at 5?
Trade him for a player on a rookie contract would be ideal.

Who wants to argue or debate this? I'm ready :lol:

Okay I’ll bite 😂

This is a fact, no one is arguing against it… although the statement would be more accurate if it said “played 3 bigs in the regular season rotation, but mostly 2 after all star break and primarily 1 in the playoffs”

There’s quite a few ingredients that the Lakers had that season that they’ve been missing since…roster full of mostly above average defenders, experienced vets off the bench, experienced coaching staff, etc.

But anyhow, I’m not opposed to any roster lineup… I actually like having the versatility. All I’m asking is in 2023-24 how are you making it work with LBJ/AD/Center?

Defensively do you want Bron guarding 3’s, or switch Austin on a wing and have Bron guarding 2’s? Offensively what are we talking about… AD in the post, center in the dunker spot and what’s Bron doing?

If all you want to tell me is they won in 2020 this way that’s cool…
1688921014229.gif

Okay I’ll bite 😂

This is a fact, no one is arguing against it… although the statement would be more accurate if it said “played 3 bigs in the regular season rotation, but mostly 2 after all star break and primarily 1 in the playoffs”

There’s quite a few ingredients that the Lakers had that season that they’ve been missing since…roster full of mostly above average defenders, experienced vets off the bench, experienced coaching staff, etc.

But anyhow, I’m not opposed to any roster lineup… I actually like having the versatility. All I’m asking is in 2023-24 how are you making it work with LBJ/AD/Center?

Defensively do you want Bron guarding 3’s, or switch Austin on a wing and have Bron guarding 2’s? Offensively what are we talking about… AD in the post, center in the dunker spot and what’s Bron doing?

If all you want to tell me is they won in 2020 this way that’s cool…
1688921014229.gif
Lol.

Bro, I already answered this question yesterday.....

Screenshot_20230709_094959_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230709_095007_Chrome.jpg

Noe answer me this, who among the 2020 Lakers were known as "shooters?" In fact, Lakers were 21st in the NBA in 3 point shot attempts, suggesting that shooting threes was NEVER a key part of their championship winning formula.

Screenshot_20230709_095350_Chrome.jpg

Didn't 2021 have Marc Gasol and Andre Drummond next to AD? And one of the Morris bros still too, right?

You'd never know the Lakers just made the conference finals
I’m completely fine with running things back as is, with the upgrades made around the margins. Everyone asking for change but the team was pretty successful last season playing a certain way.

Instead I have to hear explanations that include stories about Magic, Kareem, Gail Goodrich and George Mikan 😂

Didn’t see any of this … but you’re bringing up hypotheticals with “4 two way players” so cmon now. We’re talking about the roster they have today so Austin, DLo, AD, etc.
That's not hypothetical Bro. There are FACTS to back this up.

2020. Once Again.

AD + Javale/Dwight + Bron were SURROUNDED BY ANY COMBO OF....

1) KCP + Caruso = 2-way players but more importantly above average defenders
2) Rondo + KCP/Danny Green = 2-way players but more importantly above average defenders

So with today’s roster, you surround AD/Hayes/Bron with guys who can be somewhat of a threat offensively but more importantly 2 players who are above average wing/perimeter defenders who can MAKE TIMELY THREES

AR + the emerging Christie
AR + Reddish
AR + Vincent
AR + Prince

DLo is the odd man out and is major trade bait for Feb 2024

You'd never know the Lakers just made the conference finals
Lol, yup after beating MEM who were missing ADAMS AND CLARKE and beating the Golden State Smurfs in rounds 2 LOL

Had the Lakers took the 8th seed and faced DEN in the first round I bet you $1K the Lakers don't even sniff the conference finals.

The STUBBORN FACT REMAINS: Pelinka realized he ain't won jack xxxx since playing AD FULL TIME AT THE 5 and is why in 2023-24 has finally admitted he is going back to the 2-Big lineup, something I've been constantly harping on since 2021

Back
Top Bottom