**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It was nice while it lasted...hope luke makes them do suicides all practice tomorrow

It was nice while it lasted...hope luke makes them do suicides all practice tomorrow

So you're saying... let Byron make a guest apperance at the training facility tomorrow?

That was basically how Byron ran his practices and training camps :lol:

I remember watching NBATV real training camp last year and Byron said "Yeah we running suicide drills and doing 2 a day practices, because we will not lose due to lack of effort"

It starts with DLo I'm telling y'all....something is up....for the bast few games he has been very "nonchalant"
I thought he did a good job orchestrating the offense to Swaggy at the beginning of the game and getting his own in the third quarter.

His defense has to get better though. Badly.

I do think the guard rotation isn't doing him any favors because he is a rhythm player.

But there's not much he can do because Clarkson/Lou have been so good and Swaggy has redeemed himself so far.
Yea but its getting to a point where he isn't asserting himself. It almost seems like he got butthurt so he is just fine playing the background and "setting" everyone else up.

I have been very impressed with his approach to the game when things started. It's just weird for him to be playing like this all of a sudden.

I think he's just trying figure out the balance of facilitating and getting his own shots and it's in his head.

I'm more than confident he'll start to get more assertive soon

Very winnable game though...

Last edited:
Julius Randle and the rollicking Lake Show

Kiddie Showtime is so fun. Even Nick Young is doing helpful basketball things!

Seriously: Luke Walton might have salvaged Nick Young! Like, how did that happen? What did Walton say to motivate him? How much would he charge to record it so I could play it whenever I'm feeling down?

Randle is the least flashy of the Lakers' kiddos, but his early-season surge is the most encouraging post-Kobe subplot. Randle is the anti-modern big; he can't shoot 3s or protect the rim, and the pace-and-space era is supposedly weeding those guys out. Larry Nance Jr. looked like a more intriguing long-term fit at power forward for parts of last season.

But bigs who face up, drive into the defense, and draw a second defender open space for their teammates. They just do it in a different way -- provided they whip the right passes. Randle is a canny passer, and when teams play him one-on-one, he's bulldozing his way to floaters and soft-touch fadeaways.

He can go coast-to-coast after grabbing a rebound, and when he tries, he's a mobile defender capable of switching onto smaller guys.

The coaching staff loves Nance; he's a better defender than Randle, with a jumper that might stretch further in a couple of seasons. He does all the gritty high-IQ things that win. But the Lakers are plus-4 in 38 minutes with both Randle and Nance on the floor, and Walton should explore that more.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17996143/zach-lowe-james-harden-mike-dantoni-houston-rockets-nba

Staples center sounds DEAD. There is no excuse for a lack in energy at home. They win 3 games in a row and this is how they ack.
mean.gif
What da hell game you watchin?
was there last night

crowd was in it

hot start, cooled off going into the half, picked up in the 4th

lack of stops had everybody in all kinds of smh

barnes and curry kept hitting big shots

barea was out there looking like steve nash....our defensive effort was very non chalant last night

walked out mad, no lie. 

It starts with DLo I'm telling y'all....something is up....for the bast few games he has been very "nonchalant"
I thought he did a good job orchestrating the offense to Swaggy at the beginning of the game and getting his own in the third quarter.

His defense has to get better though. Badly.
this

while he was pretty much sccoreless at the half, he had like 5 assists

our wings got exposed last night, by ******* harrison barnes. all that switching really killed us

Dlo's slow flow be killin me sometimes. So nonchalant and careless with the ball, slow up the court, slow back on D, slow guarding old man Barea, slow slow slow

His only good games are when his flat foot 3 point set shot is falling

It feels good to be disappointed though right????

Havent felt this way in a minute like we supposed to win these games :smile:

If anyone needs a code for the nba store (i think it's 10%)...hit me up

Last night is probably the only Laker loss that didn't mean anything to me. :\
Couldn't even register that we were playing, nonetheless care about the score.

Looking forward to the next one though, need me some Laker basketball to cheer me up.
Lets get a W against them Kings thursday :smokin

Last night is probably the only Laker loss that didn't mean anything to me. :\
Couldn't even register that we were playing, nonetheless care about the score.

Looking forward to the next one though, need me some Laker basketball to cheer me up.
Lets get a W against them Kings thursday :smokin
It was a wake up call bro...unify with your peeps

Didn't realize the Lakers play Boogie, Brow and KAT in back to back to back games starting tomorrow. Yikes.

That video that breaks down DLo's struggles is pretty good.

He's going through a rough patch right now, I'm sure he'll get out of it.

Not too worried, hitting 3s at a solid clip, or at least as well as he did last year.

What's wrong is 2 really bad shooting games 3/14 and 2/11 that are huge outliers, those still have a much larger impact when you've only played 8 games.

Where as he has 4 pretty good shooting nights: Houston, Atlanta, GSW & Dallas.

As for his turnovers, he's not turning it over really too much. 6 guys ahead of his 3TO/g. Tied with 3 others. And 34 PGs with at least 2 per game. Need it to be better, but that's not too much of a problem.

His AST/TO is a little low at 1.71. Want that to be at 2.2 or higher. That comes with rhythm with other guys on the floor and being a little more protective of the ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom