**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Why it’s a MUST for Pelinka to trade for a starting caliber center/big

IMG_8191.jpeg

Cranjis basically saying the same thing I’ve been saying on this thread the last 3 years lol

To be very honest, you don’t even need advanced stats to see this. If you’ve watched enough championship teams over the last few decades, the Eye Test is all you’re gonna need. Advanced stats merely confirm what the eyes see

That’s such an easy answer and we don’t even need advanced stats to show it

It’s common sense really

Get Bron and AD a Javale-Dwight type shot blocker to start at center and watch the Lakers and Bron at the 3 do magic defensively

But I get it. Folks don’t have the ability to see it because they rely on nothing but stats

Ever wonder why Bron’s defensive numbers have suffered the last three years? Look at the Bigs that’s been on the team from 2022-2024 LOL. Just like AD, Bron has had to take on more of the load to rebound and defend because there’s nobody else on the team who fulfills the Dwight-Javale role therefore Bron and AD have to do MORE for the team, which has resulted in FAILURE TO WIN

#CommonSense

Last edited:
He also got his ankles broken an a play after that. It happens to everyone though. Just gotta be patient and see how he develops in 2-3 years

If Pelinka was smart, he’d sign hodge and fudge along with goudelock, Cole Swider and Vander Blue

Magic already said they aren’t trading him.

So if this is a push up the price move by Orlando. You’re likely looking at closer to 2 firsts than 1.

We need a legit 7 footer.
Not another undersized guy that's gonna get bullied by Jok and Rudy/Towns
I agree for the most part.

We succeeded with 6’9”-6’10” Dwight but Dwight was strong and wide and he played bigger than his height at 265 lbs

Carter has a long wingspan and he’s a solid 260-270 lbs who can block shots and shoot from deep.

I think WCJ would fit but he isn’t worth 2 firsts.

Among Kessler, WCJ, Lopez, Vucevic, Capela, and Markannen, the only player who is maybe worth 2 FRP’s imo is Markannen because he has the offensive ability to keep guys like Jokic, KAT, and Rudy honest. Plus Lauri is a legit 7-footer and he averages 9 boards and a steal per 36 min so he would definitely boost AD while playing alongside him

Last edited:
Max for sure wasn’t strong enough last year… but my hope is that 22 year old/year 3 Christie has gotten his weight up by now.

Problem is when there’s two elite wings like in Boston it’s checkmate for sure 😂
AR vs Jrue
Lavine vs Brown
Bron vs Tatum
AD vs Horford
Kessler, Lauri, or Vucevic vs KP

This lineup would give the Celtics a whole lot to think about defensively

And is certainly stronger than

DLo
AR
Vando or Rui
Bron
AD

Which is a lineup that would be hard pressed to win 1 let alone 2 games vs BOS in a 7-game series

I’m trippin. Lol
Why the hell does Orl have so many bigs - Isaac, goga , wcj, Mo Wagner

Issac is always injured and a 3/4.
Goga, Wagner and WCJ are all backup level centers or low end starters. Just trying to find different pieces that provide different looks to get them through 48 minutes.

My bet is their first big trade sometime down the line would be for a Center.

Back
Top Bottom