**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

463516357_941795907982803_4354798209580657458_n.jpg

Just compete on D.
Didn’t watch the game, but that’s a good sign.

Said this already but DK will need to do more than be a volume scorer to get significant minutes this season. Gotta have role players next to Lebron and AD who can defend and hit shots, not helping as much if they’re only doing 1 or the other. I’m joking with those Reddish posts, but there’s a reason people are even entertaining the thought of him being a part of the rotation…

*To be clear this isn’t a negative take, he looks like a very promising rookie! I may not have the same expectations as some people may have when it comes to rookies/young players in general.

Last edited:
Didn’t watch the game, but that’s a good sign.

Said this already but DK will need to do more than be a volume scorer to get significant minutes this season. Gotta have role players next to Lebron and AD who can defend and hit shots, not helping as much if they’re only doing 1 or the other. I’m joking with those Reddish posts, but there’s a reason people are even entertaining the thought of him being a part of the rotation…

*To be clear this isn’t a negative take, he looks like a very promising rookie! I may not have the same expectations as some people may have when it comes to rookies/young players in general.
u just dont like whiteboys

u just dont like whiteboys

It’s well documented that there’s no one I hate more on this team than DLo and he’s not white.

But for the record there are 3 role players I’ve been critical of at times: DLo, Rui, and occasionally Austin.

What do they all have in common? I’ll give you a hint

1729279573856.jpeg

Said this already but DK will need to do more than be a volume scorer to get significant minutes this season. Gotta have role players next to Lebron and AD who can defend and hit shots
That's it, though: defend & hit shots.
Specifically, play the passing lanes and knock down 3s. Boobie Gibson, Larry Hughes, Matthew Dellavedova, Mario Chalmers, Jr. Smith, Danny Green; play the passing lanes and hit 3's.
From what I've heard JJ say, the focus is on 3s first.
Anyone expecting Westside Knecht* to be a stellar defender, ya might need to temper that expectation.
😂😬
*Or anyone other than AD.

That's it, though: defend & hit shots.
Specifically, play the passing lanes and knock down 3s. Boobie Gibson, Larry Hughes, Matthew Dellavedova, Mario Chalmers, Jr. Smith, Danny Green; play the passing lanes and hit 3's.
From what I've heard JJ say, the focus is on 3s first.
Anyone expecting Westside Knecht* to be a stellar defender, ya might need to temper that expectation.
😂😬
*Or anyone other than AD.
Defend and be competent on offense, that’s really all I need my role players to do… if you can hit the 3 that’s even better. Don’t need my role players to “COOK”… because I believe in a natural pecking order where the best players are taking the majority of the shots and others kinda get what’s left over.

On a night where let’s say Lebron takes 25 shots, and AD gets his shots (which he often doesn’t, but that’s another story for another day) there’s just only so many shots available to go around. Offense is not the biggest problem with this roster…. They can’t defend and rebound consistently enough to win at a high level. So either you bring a skill to the table that’s a part of the solution or you’re kinda redundant.

With Dalton all I said was I don’t know how much he’s going to play if he’s not doing other things besides scoring. I do think he’s a very promising prospect, he can play but he’s not plugging in any of the major holes on the roster. Didn’t think that was even like a remotely controversial take, but guess I was wrong lol.

*Almost forgot… I guess I don’t like Austin because I don’t believe he’s a stAR 😂 but I’d probably would trade him for my favorite white role player Donte Divincenzo 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom